[IC] Evilhalfling's Dark Sun

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Plool panics a bit when the spear hits the ground, but a smug smirk returns to his face after he notices it's fine.

"I think I made him mAD!" Plool gets interrupted by the flames erupting from Blaze. He quickly ducks between the Dead-man's legs in order to escape it.

"You could warn us before you do that, Blaze!" Plool quips before attacking the Dead-Man from behind, striking with the Spear and following up with a knee.

OOC: Using Halfling Nimbleness to get behind the dead-man, Moving to D6
Attack Action
Two-handed Spear attack: 1D20+5 = [20]+5 = 25
1D8+3 = [1]+3 = 4

Making up for before with extra crit damage!
Critical two-handed spear bonus damage, with Savage attacks: 2D8 = [2, 4] = 6
Bonus action
Martial Arts Unarmed Strike : 1D20+5 = [11]+5 = 16
1D4+3 = [3]+3 = 6
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
Kel looks at the unlikely scene. He could merely float away, but there would be repercussions if either group prevails. Besides, he badly needed allies, and decided no one living should be at the mercy of undead.

From his vantage point he uses his skill in The Way and silently strikes at the undead priest with his mind.

OOC: use Dissonant whispers power, save dc 13 or 3d6 = 13 damage and use reaction to move as far away as possible to caster. Save implies half damage and no need to move
 
Last edited:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Plools metal spear strikes deeply into the dead priest, tearing a huge hole in him, the knee strike does little.
As the thrikeen moves both he and the dead priest swing wildly at each other.

Chtckhs arrow finally sinks slightly in, but the priest ignores Blazes club, although his skin is scorched by the swirling flames.

The priest readies another infusion of dark energy into his hands but he looks towards the sky with an expression of unbearable longing, as he collapses. The slave fights on following plool around and bashing at him, but is quickly brought down when all three of you turn on him.

Plool you sensed a pulse of mental energy, identical to your own wild talent, just before the dead man collapsed. It came from somewhere out in the darkness.

GM:
Steel weapons have a +1 non-magic damage bonus. It also by-passed the Priests damage resistance.
Priest AoO : 1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11
fcon save DC 7: 1D20+3 = [14]+3 = 17
slaves attacks _: 1D20+4 = [10]+4 = 14 ; 1D20+4 = [3]+4 = 7
Pool 12 /24
Chtckh 11 /28 hp
Moving out of initiative
Stupid zombie slave – best attack roll was a 10.
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
Kel says in an insecure tone: “I helped, don’t harm me” and he comes closer to the light, still floating close to the ceiling.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Blaze turns to the unfamiliar voice behind him, the rage still burning in his eyes as he assesses the newcomer. No apparent weaponry, no visible armor, and words that speak of peace rather than confrontation.

So it’s either an innocent and helpless fool, or a sorcerer.

The genasi calms down, taking deep and long breaths that form little clouds in front of his mouth despite the relative warmth.

Only then does he notice the man is floating! Definitely some sort of mage, the former gladiator decides, and he raises his clubdefensively.

Blaze waits for the man to speak before saying anything himself.
 

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"Well, you aren't going on about 'Darkest Earth', in fact you seem to be avoiding all of the ground at the moment." Plool apprehensively eyes the floating man. "So I can safely assume you aren't part of this lot" he says, poking at the head of the dead-man's corpse with a look at disgust.

"But knowing who you aren't, doesn't mean we know who you are." Plool says while he picks the gore of the steel spear. "Tell us, who are you, and was that your Will earlier?"
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
Kel slowly floats to the ground.

“I am Kel, and yes, I practice the Will and the Way. I was in a lower tunnel. And saw the light so I got closer to see, and knew I had to help you.”

Kel looks very young, even for a human of seemingly adult proportions. Although he doesn’t exude confidence, he does not appear to be misleading or lying.

“I can help some more” he says, in a sheepishly childish tone as he concentrates looking at the ground.

OOC: use mould earth, to make any difficult terrain on the ground easier to walk on
 

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Trust is hard earned for Plool nowadays, but talk is cheap, and at least this new human doesn't seem to be in the killing or capturing mood at the moment.

"Lower tunnel, eh?" Plool takes a look down into the darkness behind the young human."So, there is a way out back there?"

Plool turns his gaze back to his teammates. "Either way, now would be a good time to tend to these wounds." He pauses to think about the grotesque display shown by dead slave reforming itself. "Though I suppose rubbing some dirt in them would be out of the question."
 

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Nothing disturbs your rest, but there is an occasional breeze that blows through the larger room.

The larger room is a 15’ drop from the round chamber. Part of the floor is a steep slant, allowing you to get within 7’ft of the floor.

With enough light, you see a narrow but tall passage leading deeper into the earth (map-4’A)

This whole cave system feels slightly forced. The walls are natural earth and rock with no sign of tool marks. There is also no sign that it has been here long, no water stains or fungi – one good quake and the whole place should collapse.

The tunnel that Kell came down is another narrow crawl tunnel that leads upward at about 30 degrees.
GM:
Athletics check DC 10 or fall and take 3 damage. (I think Cal had your rope.) If you get the newcomer to help you down before a rest, no rolls are required.
what are you doing for light?
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
Kel would have gathered any clothes and combustible materials from the corpses to use as makeshift torches. He would have searched them too for anything else that could be useful. And yes, if the climb down is precarious, he would have proposed to go down before the rest, as his power would still be active.
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
The kreen were used to using body-parts of various creatures to fashion tools (including their own, why waste?) so Chtckh felt nothing as he removed the arms of the slave's corpse to use the bone for the shaft of a torch, quckly carving away whatever was left of the meat. He took some of the salvaged cloth from Kel and wrapped one end of the bone, tight enough that it would not easily fall off, but loose enough to let the air get at it, and lit his torch on the smoldering remains of the burning body.

OOC: Short Rest 2nd Wind & SupDice return; HD: 1D10+2 = [2]+2 = 4 Hit Dice remaining 2/3. HP 24/28
 
Varsk watches the hole impatiently. No one had entered the courtyard since their arrival. He takes sometime to check the other buildings before returning to where the others slipped under ground. He waits unconsciously forming a green shimmering blade in his hand and then letting it disappear. After several more minutes Varsk gets tired of waiting and drops into the hole gong to see what is taking his companions so long.
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
Kel offers his new companions “Before we go, should I seal the passage where you came from? I can always unseal if we need to come back here”
 

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Kel's question is met with shrugs and head shakes, the others aren't expecting any enemies pursuing them,
and other friends may come in time.

Varsk arrives and finds a small chamber with several dead bodies, and a larger room with his two companions and a strange human sitting around. The new human is probably from Urik as well as dialect and some of his clothes clearly state. Varsk wears the same grey uniform as Blaze & Plool.

After an hour, and some tasty cooked rodents your all feeling recovered.
If your going deeper underground, the passage is narrow and twisty.

GM:
I'm assuming a marching order of
Blaze, Plool, Chtckh, Kel and Varsk.

but if you want a different order or want to head for the surface instead, let me know.
did anyone take the priest's bird symbol? it might be worth a dozen ceramic coins.
 
Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Blaze simmers down as he realizes the human means no immediate harm. As a former gladiator, the genasi is quite used to impromptu alliances that may or may not last, and he introduces himself with a smile.

"I'm Blaze," he says with a small nod. "Sorry if I burned any of you," he takes in all of his companions. "Heat of the moment."

He grins at his own joke, and sits down to take a rest, a small flame dancing on his arms illuminating the area around him.

The kreen were used to using body-parts of various creatures to fashion tools (including their own, why waste?) so Chtckh felt nothing as he removed the arms of the slave's corpse to use the bone for the shaft of a torch, quckly carving away whatever was left of the meat.
Blaze looks at the thri kreen with a look of mild disgust. He's seen the practice before in arenas, but he'd always assumed it was a way to shock and please the crowd. Watching the efficient carving up of a dead body far removed from a crowded fighting arena is somehow abhorrant to the genasi, but he keeps his mouth shut.

After an hour, and some tasty cooked rodents your all feeling recovered.
If your going deeper underground, the passage is narrow and twisty.

GM:
I'm assuming a marching order of
Blaze, Plool, Chtckh, Kel and Varsk.

but if you want a different order or want to head for the surface instead, let me know.
did anyone take the priest's bird symbol? it might be worth a dozen ceramic coins.
"Let's move on," Blaze says as he gets up and holds up the flame that has illuminated him for the last few hours in front of him. His other hand is on his bone club, at rest by his side but quickly up to defend himself.

OOC: Marching order seems fine to me. I haven't been injured so no HD rolling for me.

Blaze is not taking any bird symbol. Maybe he's still thinking that everything will be provided to him like when he was still a slave, and maybe he's a bit superstitious about (un)holy symbols, but either way he's not taking it.
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
As the group rests, Kel offers to psionically clean anybody that is interested and make the food more savoury (prestigitation).

He doesn’t talk much. When prompted, he’ll admit that he’s from Urik, and that he is lost here in Raam.

OOC: marching order works for me
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Chtckh'Chtckh nodded and waved his antennae, both greeting the newcomer Kel and accepting the offer of a psychic cleaning. He considered it a great honour and bowed when it was done. He was happy to have a tekchakak with the group. It comforted him, in spite of he not trusting any of his dra companions completely.

(Most Kreen packs (tek) had at least one psionicist (chakak). Dra are mammal-folk.)
 

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"Better tasting food?" Plool's ears perk at the thought, and he offers up a rodent as an experiment.

After stuffing his face in order to better experience the umami, he turns to follow Blaze. "So, which way is the other exit?"
 

Advertisement

Top