D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen reaches for another arrow from the quiver at her hip. The cool notch slides between her fingers as she extracts it and nocks it in a single, fluid motion. She traws, turns, and fires at the larger raptor coming in from the right.

OOC: Move: 5' north to U 15.
Bonus: Fighting spirit. Advantage on attacks. I use left.
Attack vs X10: Benefit from bless.
To hit, with sharpshooter: the better of plus [roll1], and [roll2] plus [roll3]. If a hit, damage = [roll4].

Action surge: extra attack. Benefit from bless.
To hit vs Y12, with sharpshooter: the better of [roll0] plus [roll1], and [roll2] plus [roll3]. If a hit, damage = [roll4].

Hit points (with temporary HP from fighting spirit) = 32/27.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: As you see I made a cut-and-paste error. so please ignore the action surge roll (with its crit. do'oh). for the d20 I missed, use this: [roll0], to which the first 2 can be added.

EDIT: so either way it's a 14 to hit vs raptor at X10, with a potential 19 damage. Sorry.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Rodrigo knocked the beast off of the scoutmaster and following his's instructions, Wulf pulled back to the main group. The raptor coiled its tail and forced itself to its feet, but it allowed Rodrigo to fall back, as if it were considering its next move. Its prey had become a tight formation as Kasqa stood back-to-back with Qawasha and Tarri, brandishing spear and cudgel. Dellrak swung his axe at another Raptor which jumped away, but was then shot by Miss Imogen, a solid blow that seriously injured it.

The first raptor saw Harb, alone and coughing and took a few bounding steps toward him before being struck dead by Chrysagon's javelin. The injured raptor, likely the remaining senior pack-hunter, made a few low chirping noises, and the entire pack turned and disappeared into the high grass.

End of Encounter

OOC: That was quick. I figured they'd try to knock someone out and then carry them off, but that they'd run if too many of them died.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Is everyone alright?" Miss Imogen asked, another arrow nocked and looking for a target.

"Be careful where you step. The terrain is uncertain."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"I've been a bit badly scratched up," replied Wulf, "But nothing life-threatening, thanks to Rodrigo"

He nodded at the swordsman as Qawasha double-checked his assessment of his scratches and offered him some druidic healing magic, which he gratefully accepted.

OOC: [roll0] leaves Wulf at 12/16 HP.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
"I'm sure you would have done the same for me" answered Rodrigo. "Well fought, everyone. The blessing of the gods was with us, but it is nothing without courage."

He closed his eyes as a wave of fatigue hit him. Now that the adrenaline was gone, he felt the heat even more. What was wrong with him? He could see it in the others too. He wiped his blades carefully and slowly sheathed them.

"I was about to call for a halt when these beasts attacked us. Clearly they are communicating - a bit like wolves. Will they be back with a bigger group, or have we established ourselves as too dangerous to hunt? I don't know their habits." He looked at the locals expectantly, and added "We need a break, although we might want to change position somewhat."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"We should move out of the beasts' hunting ground." suggested Kasqa, "Or they might be bold enough to hunt again."

Weed popped out of the grass carrying a clump of dirt with roots sticking out of it, and a ball of mud. He made a sound not unlike wind blowing a reed, and gave the clump of roots to Qawasha. The druid said, "Oh very good indeed. Kupalue has found us a clump of Wildroot. If Harb is feeling any lingering effect from inhaling the swamp-gas, chewing on one of these should do the trick. The root grows by sources of the gas, you see, and has a natural soothing effect against its toxins."

The vegepygmy seemed proud of himself, and he danced over to Miss Imogen and presented her with the ball of mud, nodding his head vigorously.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb stopped fake-coughing as he realized that the battle was done. He made a once over of each of the beasts, seeking to experience their last moments as he would for any humanoid. He did take a mouthful of the proffered remedy and chewed away more as a preventative measure than out of any true discomfort. He didn't know the full effects of the gas and had no intention of allowing himself to be disabled in a moment of need.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Chult/Camp Vengeance
Afternoon
Round 0

“Nothin’ but me bluidy pride ‘urt,” Dellrak muttered as he rejoined the others. “Didn’t ‘it a bluidy thing.” He took a drink from his waterskin. “Aye, if we’re stoppin’ we shuild find some shade,” he said. “Mebbe some water, refresh the skins.” He glanced over at the raptor they had killed. “We wan’ t’ skin an’ butcher tha’?” he asked the others. He didn’t know if raptor made good eating or not, so he looked at the locals.

[sblock=Dellrak Actions]
Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions: Bless (598r, Chrysagon)
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 28/28 HD: 3/3d10+2

Bolts: 20
Bolts used:
Arrows: 19
Arrows used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 3/3 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Rodrigo Di Castalone - male human fighter
Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Wulf Rygor (NPC) - Half-elf scoutmaster, Camp Vengeance
Tarri (NPC) - cartographer, Camp Vengeance
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior, Camp Vengeance
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen relaxed her bow, and re-quivered the arrow.

"Thank you, tiny one," Miss Imogen said to Kupalue solemnly. She received it into her hand, and left it there. Later she would check for the root Quawasha mentioned, or some other token within it. It was the thought that counts.

It was clear the group was at ease with the fight. Though the cartographers were still silent, speaking only to themselves, it was clear that the Sticks were operating as they had done before. Before her indiscretion.

"Come, Delrak," she said, breaking both her reverie, and (she hoped) his self-recriminations. Help me cut some steaks. I trust this meat, and the creatures showed no signs of the death-sickness we have seen in others. I shall prepare a feast for us all to eat tonight."

She takes him by the hand, and leads him towards one of the carcasses, ready to prepare dinner (and perhaps get some extra to salt for the trip to come).

OOC: Miss Imogen is proficient in cooking supplies, and she has a kit with her.

Remove ads