log in or register to remove this ad

 

D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Morning
Round 0

Dellrak shrugged. “Wasn’t so bad,” the dwarf said. “Smelled awful, though. But I guess tha’ ain’t the way. Mebbe try the statues?” he suggested.

***
Torch: 598r (currently out)
50 goodberries

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 58/58 HD: 6/6d10+3
Bolts: Enough

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit


Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Can I have some of the healing berries?"

Myrral looks like he bathed in acid, with fur burned off in places and dull and grayish where not.
 

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Yeah, I wouldn't mind some of those berries too, Chrysagon said. Their juices should soothe my sore throat a little.

I agree, Dellrak. Let's try the statues next. It is the next obvious path into the tomb.
Then Chrysagon hesitated and his eyes flicked around the open area where the motley group were gathered. Or maybe the entrance is hidden and the obvious paths are just traps? Can someone search the area while Dellrak and I check out the statues? And I can can maybe grab another berry or two from Dellrak...
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Morning
Round 0

Dellrak nodded. He took out the bag of goodberries he had made last night and unwrapped them, holding them out to the others to take as much as they liked.

OOC: Let me know how many you take so I can update the number.

***
Torch: 597r (currently out)
50 goodberries

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 58/58 HD: 6/6d10+3
Bolts: Enough

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit


Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior
 




Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Really?!? Chrysagon said in disbelief. One of these will sustain me a whole day? Then he slowly started to chew on a berry and was pleasantly surprised how satisfied he felt, and it was indeed soothing to the throat. He had a second berry but it tasted horrible and must have been a berry from the day before. He spat it out. One berry was enough.

While walking alongside Dellrak towards the statues, Chrysagon felt the need to remove some of the acrid and poisonous stickiness from his body and cast Cure Wounds a couple of times and then funnelled some of Kelemvor's healing powers through his hands.

OOC: The Goodberry healed Chrysagon 1 HP to 25/52 HP.
Cure wounds on self: 1D8+4 = [5]+4 = 9 and 1D8+4 = [6]+4 = 10 (spells left 2/4 first level and 2/2 second level).
Lay on Hands: 8 HP (22 left of 30)
HP 52/52
Does anyone else require healing?
 
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Yassah and the broodguard took two of Dellrak's berries each. The gargoyles overhead appeared to be solid stone, but their faces showed expressions of amusement.

"Perhaps the catfolk can scout," suggested Zagmira, indicating Myrral, "I can send the orc with him in case of trouble. I will remain here to keep an eye on these gargoyles."

Dellrak and Chrysagon entered the long tunnel with the eight statues. When they presented their first cube to the matching figure, the bowl beneath it magically filled with a small amount of oil, and lit on fire. The eyes of the statue reflected the light, giving it an eerie life-like appearance.

OOC: Let's assume that Imogen takes 3 berries from Dellrak and 10 points of Chrysagon's lay-on-hands. Anyone else want to chime in? Should I assume that you use the eight matching puzzle cubes to "light" each of the eight oil bowls?
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Morning
Round 0

Dellrak watched the stone basin fill with oil and light with flame. “Well, tha’ looks promisin’,” he commented to Chrysagon. “Let’s dae the rest?” He took the next stone to the next appropriate statue and continued around them.

***
Torch: 596r (currently out)
29 goodberries

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 58/58 HD: 6/6d10+3
Bolts: Enough

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit


Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior
 

MetaVoid

Adventurer
Ussal slithers forward once Dellrack and Crysagon start putting the cubes in.
"I'll put the last one in. I have some knowledge of the old gods and I'm resistant to poison. Just in case"
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Chrysagon, Dellrak, and Ussal went about using the cubes to light each of the eight basins. Curious as to if they had perhaps used the "wrong" cube to Moa on the other door, they left that one for last. When Ussal finally held up the same cube as before, the other two disappeared. The basin filled, and the long hall of statues was brightly lit. Each of the eight statues' heads slowly turned, creating an echoing grinding noise, until they all faced the far back end of the hall. There, shrouded by vines, leaves, and formerly darkness, was a statue of the ninth trickster god: The Flail-Snail known as Unkh.

Unkh, too had an empty oil basin. Ussal moved cautiously, brushing aside the vines, and he held out the appropriate cube to Unkh. The basin filled with oil, and lit. The snail statue's head moved back, partly into its shell, while its tail raised. The light from the basin glinted off of an amber eye inset in a gold pendant on a silver chain draped over Unkh's tail as it rose from behind the snail statue's stone shell.

PuzzleCubes.jpg
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Perhaps the catfolk can scout," suggested Zagmira, indicating Myrral, "I can send the orc with him in case of trouble. I will remain here to keep an eye on these gargoyles."
Myrral scoffs at the suggestion, what kind of scouting would be with a brute that doesn't know the jungle? He answers a bit more diplomatically

"I can scout, but I need to clean first, I stink and that is not a good idea in a place where you can be detected by the smell. An orc cannot follow me scouting. But thank you for the offer."

He takes one berry from Dellrack and "wastes" part of his power to recover.

OOC: I don't think we need Aura of Vitality? Should I just cure myself?
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Morning
Round 0

“Well, tha’ seemed t’ work a foine trick,” Dellrak commented as the statues all reacted to the cubes and revealed a hidden statue with some gem necklace. “Think tha’s a key?” the dwarf asked, going to examine the jewelry.

Perception: 1D20+5 = [18]+5 = 23

***
Torch: 596r (currently out)
28 goodberries

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 58/58 HD: 6/6d10+3
Bolts: Enough

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit


Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior
 

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
I don't know, Chrysagon replied and cautiously reached out and lifted the pendant off the tail of the snail statue. He looked closely at the amber eye and shrugged. It looks just as a piece of jewellery. The gold looks real so it may be worth a few gold pieces. He glanced at Dallrek and tried to work out whether the dwarf was in to wearing jewellery or not, and then held out his hand with the pendant. Here, do you want it? It might be cursed, he added with a chuckle.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Morning
Round 0

Dellrak took the piece of jewelry and examined it. He tried to estimate its value, and if it might be magical. “‘Tis a noice trinket,” the dwarf observed. “An eye might ‘ave some significance.”

***
Torch: 596r (currently out)
28 goodberries

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 58/58 HD: 6/6d10+3
Bolts: Enough

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit


Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior
 

MetaVoid

Adventurer
"Give me moment with it! Let's check for magic and...if that is the key, we're back to 'it unlocks from the inside' part."
Ussal turns to miss Imogen "What happened to your bush companion? He looks...verdant."

OOC: how do I identify the amulet? I can prepare detect magic, but I don't have it now...
 
Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen nods at Ussal. "The gas seems to have nourished him. Do you hear that, Kapalue? YOu are 'verdant'!" She says this with an almost maternal pride.
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Weed bobbed its bushy head and smiled - a toothless gap in its leafy face.

Ussal took the pendant and had a look at it. He could tell that it was locally crafted, likely by an Omuan when they had been enslaved to build the Tomb. The eye held a mark of enchantment, but nothing that was likely to be a curse, unless expertly hidden. He expected that the eye was made to aid in finding something. He could not be certain what, but it should be safe enough to wear.

OOC: I'll just roll arcana for Ussal... to save time.
Arcana Check: 1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20
 

MetaVoid

Adventurer
"I will put it on...given that it was revealed only after we put the cubes in place, maybe it will reveal something new. We should maybe retrieve the cubes after I look here and repeat the process from before with the door?"
Ussal puts the amulet around his neck
 

Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top