D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Rodrigo still scanned both shores of the river, crossbow at the ready.

"... and what are the downside of this small island? ... more of these crocodiles visiting?"
 

log in or register to remove this ad

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb took a moment to contemplate the guides words and then spoke quietly as he continued to mind their course.

"I feel we should go as far as we can today. Who knows what delays we might encounter tomorrow?"
 

EarlyBird

Explorer
Dellrak felt he could go another hour or two, but he wasn't sure about his rowing companion. "True, true," the dwarf said in response to the monk's words. "I do think though someone should give the Lady leave to have her bow ready should someone else be campn' on this island."

OOC: Giving us a longbow and a crossbow at the ready just in case.
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Qawasha shrugged and replied to Rodrigo, "The drawback of the island is that we can be seen by anything coming up or down the river. But we should be able to see them as well, the way is clear. Also, it is a very small island. Not much room."
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
"Any chance of floods?" All this rain was making Rodrigo a touch... paranoid. They had avoided drowning but a few days ago, after all.
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen is not an outdorswoman, and she is uncertain about the possibilities offered. Being seen, but on the island seems preferable, but she does not volunteer her opinion unless asked.

Her hands, still bandaged, are sore, but she is determined not to let the others see her appear weak. "We can handle cramped," she says to Qawasha.
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"The water is as high as it is likely to get today. The island has two trees, and is rarely flooded." Qawasha answered Rodrigo.

As they came around a corner, everyone immediately spotted a canoe stuck in a jumble of leafy branches from a fallen (yet still living) tree on the far side of the river. In the canoe stood a man wearing armour that was much too heavy for the heat, covered by a tattered tabard depicting a golden orb floating above a stylised city-scape.

The man turned as the canoe came around the corner and drifted as the rowers lifted their oars. He was missing an eye and the eyebrow above it, showing bone through the empty socket. His jaw hung slack and he let out a moan before reaching toward the new arrivals with both hands. Then he lunged forward and tripped over his canoe's side, plunging into the river with a profound splash.

He immediately sank out of sight.
 



Fradak

Explorer
Dropping a light coin into the river, "We don't know how many are already under the water and I don't want to wait to see if they can turn us over. "
 
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The group watched as Fradak's glowing coin sank into the dark water of the river. It passed slowly under the canoe, following the current. Eventually only a slight glow in the water could be seen, about ten feet away and behind the canoe. After a moment, a humanoid shadow could be seen, tumbling along the bottom, rolling helplessly with the current.

"Can't swim." shrugged Qawasha, "It is one of the reasons that I suggested the island."
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen wants to pick up her bow, get ready to fire at whatever horrors emerge from the river's bed. But she has the paddle, still. She drives hard and hopes to reach the island soon.

(if there's an athletics check, maybe the rear paddler can make it with advantage, with Miss Imogen helping?)
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Rodrigo frowned, and lowered his crossbow a tad - he had almost fired at the thing.

"Well that was... illuminating. Let's hope that the current batters it to pieces. Did anyone recognize the tabard? The canoe may have some valuables, or clues - or perhaps itself could be rescued. It may prove useful?"
 


gargoyleking

Adventurer
"We may be in unnecessary danger here. There may be others about, and this canoe would not make a stable platform for a fight."

Harb showed little emotion for the walking corpse aside from a slight frown of dissapointment. He kept the course for the moment, but would acquiesce to any insistence on inspecting the other canoe.
 


EarlyBird

Explorer
Dellrak took his cue from Miss Imogen and paddled for the canoe quickly before it sinks and is carried away also.

OOC: Athletics:
[roll0]
[roll1] if advantage
EDIT: And if there is advantage than I wasted another 20, lol
 
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Dellrak paddled the canoe around the fallen tree to where the other canoe was stuck in its branches, with Harb steering and Miss Imogen fending off the branches with her oar. The second canoe was in reasonable repair, though deeply filled with rainwater. It had only one paddle resting inside (with the symbol of the Order of the Gauntlet branded upon it), as well as a large soggy satchel of hastily packed supplies: A healing potion, mess kit, crossbow, 12 quarrels, a hammer, a hatchet, and a sack of spoiled rations. At the other end, the canoe held a large waterskin, sealed and clean.
 

EarlyBird

Explorer
"Two kay-news now? We gonna be taken it wit' us?" Dellrak asks keeping an eye out for trouble.

OOC: No blood or eyeball about? Also I'll add any gear no one wants to the supplies, just let me know what everyone wants to keep on their person.

Perception: [roll0]
 
Last edited:

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
We should take that stuff and move to the island... hopefully we'll do better than the previous owner. I think we just discovered what happened to the previous expedition... lords they didn't make it far!

OOC: would it be practical to tow the other canoe behind us?

Rodrigo looked around, looking for clues and foes both, but found it hard to focus properly

Perception near 2nd canoe: 1D20+4 = [6]+4 = 10
 

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top