D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Omu
Afternoon
Round 0

Dellrak grumbled -- as usual -- as he hacked with his axe at the jungle undergrowth, widening the trail further that Harb had made. “Stupid monkey.” He slapped at some mosquitos and pushed on through.

Save:
Move: Stand
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Protection from Evil (Elementals): Creatures of those types have disadvantage on attack rolls against the target. The target also can't be charmed, frightened, or possessed by them. (90 r)
Concentration: Protection from Evil (Elementals)
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 45/49 HD: 1/5d10+3
Bolts: 18
Bolts used: 3

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 3/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 1/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Kasqa: 17/17 HD 3/3
Move:
Action:

Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Using the time everyone is distracted by Harbs arrival and using Dellracks hacking at the bushes, Myrral moves slightly so his hands movements are obscured by the growth between him and the mage.

"I suggest we part ways peacefully. We're are all here now and ready for trouble. But we don't want trouble, so it is better if we each go our separate ways, no?"

Action: cast suggestion at the mage
Bonus/Move: whatever needed to obscure the casting, gain line of sight, range etc.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"I don't know what you seek, but I have no cube. Perhaps if you describe it?"

Pulling himself to his feet Harb leans on his staff, catching his breath and marshalling his energy should he have to fight these strangers.

"But first, I must go to my allies, my familiar beeds healing."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Myrral spoke, his words pleasant and alluring. The Red Wizard seemed to consider for a moment, and then replied, "There is naught but trouble to be had here in Omu, I'm afraid. You must have a cube. I have too much respect for you to believe otherwise."

As Harb began to stand, the unstable shore turned to mud at his feet. The Thayan mercenary turned, lunged, and shoved him, saying, "You're of no use, then."

OOC: Red Wizard's Save: 1D20+4 = [13]+4 = 17
I assume the dc is 14? (Please post your save dc when you cast spells!)

Thayan Merc Shove: Athletics Check: 1D20+4 = [12]+4 = 16
Harb must roll a dc16 Athletics/Acrobatics or be shoved into the water.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Though everyone on both sides had tried, for the most part, to keep relations civil, that one act of aggression almost certainly took things too far. The mercenary shoved Harb just as he had begun to stand, bracing himself on his staff. Harb stumbled back and fell with a splash into the swirling water. There was quite the current as the water rushed between the crumbling shoreline and the wall of the sunken ruin and Harb was twenty feet downstream before he righted himself and surfaced.

The Red Wizard rolled his eyes at his hireling as if he had not intended for that to happen, but he did not admonish him. Instead he turned to the other Sticks and demanded, "If you do not want to wind up like your friend, you will present me with the cube that you found in the Shrine of Moa. We have seen your airship and we know that you have been there. Come, let us have it."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Encounter: The Sticks vs Thayans by Banks of Flooded Ruins of Omu
OmuBanks1.jpg

(General Features)
Difficult Terrain: Anything green is overgrown (dc11 to move more than 5 feet);
Water moves you 20 feet each round without a dc11 Athletics Check (dc16 to move against it).
Visibility: Bright (It's daytime)
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Chrysagon AC18* HP 36/36 (Res Nec&Rad) HD 4/5 PP10* SS 3/3 CD 1/1 LoH 17/25
Dellrak AC15 HP 49/49 (Res Psn) HD 1/5 PP15* SS 4/4 1/2
Harb AC15 HP 29/33 HD 4/5 PP14 KI 5/5
Imogen AC17 HP 38/38 THP 0/5 HD 4/5 PP12 SS 2/2 FS 0/3 AS 0/1 2W 1/1
Myrral AC14 HP 34/34 HD 4/5 PP17* SS 3/4 2/3 2/2 Ins 3/3
(NPCs)
Qawasha AC11(16) HP 27/27 HD 3/5 PP14 SS 1/4 3/3
Kupalue (Weed) AC13 HP 9/9 HD 2/2 PP12*
Ukee AC12 HP 0/3 HD 1/1 PP13 (ko'd)
Name * AC * HP * PP * Attacks * Spells * (Notes)
Red Wizard
AC15 HP 42/42 PP11 FB+6,2d10 SS 2/4 2/3 2/3 3/3 1/1
Thayan Mercenaries AC13 HP 32ea PP11 2@+5,1d8+3
-Merc1 32/32; Merc2 32/32;
Thayan Orc AC15 HP 52/52 PP12* 2@+5,3d6+3
GM: Begin Round One

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Omu
Afternoon
Round 1

Athletics to move: 1D20+7 = [1]+7 = 8

Dellrak pushed forward through the underbrush, but hit a difficult patch and only could advance a little. He cast a spell to help him move a bit more, his legs working faster. Dellrak saw the mercenary shove Harb into the river.

“Blow it out yer arse, wizard,” Dellrak growled at the Thayan. “The man said we ain’t got whatever this cube thingy is.” The dwarven ranger drew his crossbow and fit a bolt into it, just in case things got hot.

Save:
Move: AY36
Free Object Interaction: Draw crossbow.
Action: Cast Longstrider
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Longstrider: Speed 35
Protection from Evil (Elementals): Creatures of those types have disadvantage on attack rolls against the target. The target also can't be charmed, frightened, or possessed by them. (89 r)
Concentration: Protection from Evil (Elementals)
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 45/49 HD: 1/5d10+3
Bolts: 19
Bolts used: 0

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 2/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 1/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Kasqa: 17/17 HD 3/3
Move:
Action:

Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Plants and bugs,
snakes and roots,
get the orc, give him hugs,
hold him fast, he be foods!"

Myrral capers a little in place and living jungle around the orc comes alive. At least in his mind. And with cutting words Myrral just sang he WILL believe it. With that comforting thought, Myrral grabs the nearest tree and disappears into the canopy. Or at least tries to.

Standard: Phantasmal force - it will hold the orc in place and "eat him" if he believes it Int DC 14
Reaction: Cutting words against the orc: 1D8 = [8] = 8 when orc attempts save (so save is INT -8 :D) - alternative if save is NOT ability check - give him -8 to a skill he uses to move

Move: straight up into the branches around the tree so wizard has no line of sight
Survival to move: 1D20+3 = [2]+3 = 5 :( Let's hope this isn't required for going up :D

Damage for the next minute: starts real slow :( with two 1s
Phantasmal force damage: 1D6 = [1] = 1
1D6 = [1] = 1
1D6 = [6] = 6
1D6 = [2] = 2
1D6 = [5] = 5
1D6 = [5] = 5
1D6 = [2] = 2
1D6 = [1] = 1
1D6 = [4] = 4
1D6 = [5] = 5

If he fails he doesn't get additional saves, but he can (if he concludes it is an illusion somehow) make Investigation check against DC 14 as an Action.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen makes her way through the tall grass. Going is difficult, but she makes her way into the clearing and draws her bow, aiming it at the Red Wizard. She perceives that this fight might get hot, and she is going to make her first arrow count.

She is not hiding; she wants to be seen as a threat.

OOC: Move: 15' east (max distance through difficult terrain). Athletics 1d20-1=11.
Action: Ready: will fire if he moves to attack or appears to cast a spell this round.

Arrows left: 15. HP 38/38.
Fighting Spirit: none left. Action surge: used. Second Wind: not used.

Aside: aiming's not a thing, is it? For some reason I thought if you took a round you could get advantage on the next attack. I'd do that here if it were a possibility.

Remove ads