D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen sees the block dropping behind her, and for a moment considers diving underneath to the outside. Even with the additional speed from her newfound frost powers, though, she feels she doesn't have a chance. She stands, an image of her acrobatic prowess leaping over a pommel horse gracefully in gymnastics at Miss Enna's School, as the darkness falls. She is now trapped inside, before the opening door, with the block dropped behind her.

It is the first time she has felt cold in weeks.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Myrral reacts to the lowering of the stone stepping forward toward the entrance and aside, putting his back to the wall. After all "The keys turn on the inside only".

He puts up a cloak and binds it around his muzzle thus "masking" him from whatever is hiding in the darkness.

As a shaman, he takes the rhymes and other mnemonic enhancers rather seriously.

Having sent Yassah to put the cube in place Ussal calls out
"Yassah, ssstay there!"

He watches as the block lowers blocking the area.
"Hopefully, they have everything they need in there."

OOC: I think Red Wizard would not remain if she has a chance to get out. Yuan-ti might try to run out, but I just (hopefully) prevented it. If any of the thayan guards are there they will follow the wizard, but maybe one stays so Red Master doesn't miss anything important

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
After placing her cube first, Zagmira returned to the open air outside. She gathered what was left of her expedition waited to see what would happen. When the block began to lower, she looked for a moment like she would call out to those inside (a warning, perhaps?) but she stood silently and watched the stone slab drop with a grim look on her face.

Qawasha and Weed were outside when the block began to drop. When it became obvious that Miss Imogen would not exit the space in time, Weed suddenly rushed forward. Qawasha called, "Kupalue, no!"

But the little plant-folk would not be deterred: It tucked into a ball of leaves and rolled under the block as it came down, arriving unharmed on the other side - the inside - as potentially trapped as Imogen, Myrral, and Yassah.

OOC: And others? I'll give @Prickly Pear Chrysagon and @KahlessNestor Dellrak a day or two to pick where they want to be, or I'll roll randomly (actually, I'll assume Chrys stays inside, having placed the last block.) Oh, @MetaVoid You can choose if the Broodguards are with Yassah or Ussal (or one each).
Weed risks it to help Miss ImogenAthletics: 1D20+1 = [17]+1 = 18

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
As her eyes adjust to the limited light, Miss Imogen hears Weed's squeaks and reaches down.

"I miss you, too," she tells him as he nuzzles into her and climbs her arm onto her shoulder.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Morning
Round 0

Dellrak watched as the block started to lower. “Well, we wanted in the tomb,” the dwarf said fatalistically, not moving from the entrance. “Intae the depths we gae.” He drew his axe and turned his attention to the slowly opening doors.

50 goodberries

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 58/58 HD: 6/6d10+3
Bolts: Enough

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Chrysagon had placed the cube and watch mesmerised how the cubes shifted slightly deeper into their cavities. He was not aware of the stone block until he heard Dellrak speak up. Chrysagon decided to stay and explore the mysteries inside the tomb.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC:
They are NPCs, but if I can decide then they are outside. I doubt they would follow us literally on out tails. They are here as a protection detail not literal bodyguards, right?
But if they are assigned as bodyguards then one is with Yassah, one is with Ussal.
True, and I mean to treat them as NPCs, but Ussal is in command, so he can use them as he likes. If he assigned them to guard or assist each malison, then that's what they'll do. We'll go with that.

Yassah did as he was told, and he kept his broodguard close at hand in case of trouble. Ussal wondered as they disappeared from sight, if Yassah would protect the broodguard (not much better than a slave; less to many) or use it as fodder. He did not know Yassah well enough to be sure.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
When the block came down, it plunged the tunnel into darkness. The doors at last swung fully open, revealing the space beyond (to those who could still see). A putrid, cloying smell erupted from beyond the doors, that caused the eyes to water, the throat to close, and the skin to redden and itch.

The space beyond was a large room piled high with some sort of rotting vegetation. Its gasses were so putrid that they were entirely caustic. To make matters worse, there appeared to be no visible exits.

TombObelisk2.jpg

Remove ads