D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

FitzTheRuke

Legend
As the group cautiously checked about the room, the skeleton climbed to the ceiling and then scuttled along it, eventually reaching the eastern wall, where it moved into a dark spot, that turned out to be a hole in the east wall where it reached a support beam. It crawled through and was gone.

Qawasha answered Myrral's question, saying, "It is a crane. Or more correctly, based on the plumage, an Eblis - an intelligent, but malevolent crane-like creature. I believe that this is the tomb of the trickster god, Papazotl."

Chrysagon looked over the treasure piled atop the sarcophagus - a torc, three cups, five cloak pins, and an amulet on a chain. All of them were finely crafted of the purest gold which shone beautifully in the light of Chrysagon's flail.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
"Maybe they the keys and their heads need to be preserved?" Myrral distractedly comments trying to read the inscription
Yes, we should try to capture one... but not this one, said Chrysagon as he watched the one above scramble through a hole in the corner and disappear. Any idea what the inscription says?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Qawasha read the inscription. It was in old Omuan, but Qawasha was picking up the differences between it and other old Chultan dialects.

"It says: Bow Before No One." he translated, before adding, "From what I gather, Papazotl was something of a tyrant. It must mean that he would bow before no one, because he would most certainly expect others to bow to him. And yet, it is written as if it is a command."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Or the chariot or one of the statues is named 'No One'." Myrral pipes in
"I don't like the idea of the tyrant. We should just take everything."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Be careful," says Miss Imogen. "Like everything else here, it will be a trap. Either approach the chariot with your head low, or some other nonsense."

She is having none of it. She is suspicious, and tired, and hungry of rations, and there are raw calluses on her fingers where she has been holding her bnowstring in the jungle heat. She wants to observe that only boys and undead think games like this are fun, but she keeps that to herself.

She stands by the door, ready for what might come. She does hate this place.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Qawasha caught Imogen's eye, and as if he could intuit what she was thinking he said, "If I did not already hate this Acererak as much as is humanly possible, I would hate him more now. These traps and puzzles are nothing but petty games."

Weed squeeked and thumped on its chest in agreement. The two of them would rather be anywhere else but here.

OOC: If anyone wants to do anything, please tell me what and we will move on.

"I opened the lassst one and nothing terrible happened. The sssspirits remaining in thisss plassse are weak. We can revive them and maybe even get them to help usss. But sssome risssk isss included with the package. If you won't, paladin, one of the otherss might." Ussal keeps a bit back, both to watch the undead and to guard their backs.

"But let'sss try to learn sssomething from the lassst time."
He flings a coin or some metal debris at the shield, trying to see if this one will destroy metal as the first one did. He doesn't really expect the same trap again, but why risk it?

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Chrysagon chuckles at Myrrals suggestion the No One is the chariot or a statue. Well, here goes nothing, he said and bowed before each of the statues, the bronze shield and lastly the chariot.

Remove ads