• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] Industrygothica's "The Hive"

industrygothica

Adventurer
Through the opening at the top of the stairs you see a desiccated corpse of an enormous wasp with a black and yellow striped abdomen hanging from the ceiling by jagged chains. The wasp's wings are outstretched and its body points towards a closed iron door in the opposite wall. Another opening leads off to the right, bathed in the flickering light of a torch thrust into a niche above it.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"I do not trust that thing0" Courage says matter-of-factly, and launches two arrows into the hanging wasp-corpse (edit: Courage is perhaps hoping for goodies to fall to the floor, pinata-like).

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, barbaric human druid

While Shai keeps his attention on the wasp until Courage proves it safe, he whispers to the others, "I'm thinking the door with the torchlight's the one most like to have folk on the other side. Though perhaps we're not as keen on finding folk as avoiding them? I don't suppose we're going to run into someplace around here where we can hide and rest before we go on? If Tanith's magic's like my nature tricks, we might both be wearing low on what we can still use.

"'Course, I always have my bug swatter..."

industrygothica

Adventurer
Courage's arrows stick into the wasp and a mixture of straw and stuffing fall out of it. You can smell the preserving spices that were mixed with it as well.

Mista Collins

First Post
With a nod, Tanith follows the group. Hopefully she will be able to come back and take some notes and information on the giant wasp. This would be a good chance to broaden her knowledge.

industrygothica

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]I'm giving 5 minutes since you defeated the winged formian. That includes talking to the dwarven captives and whatnot.[/sblock]

As Courage approaches the door she is met with the sound of two crossbow bolts whizzing by her head. In the time it takes her to regain her wits she notices two chitinous standing at the base of a narrow flight of stairs. Both have dropped their crossbows and are drawing battleaxes.

--------------------------------------------
Round 1

14 Tanith Dathius 18/20: fires a bolt at D1 (4+4-4[cover]=miss)
11 D2: charges Courage (4+8+2=miss)
8 Dyspeer 20/29:
7 Courage Bloodstone 18/34: moves to attack D1 (AoO from D2=hit, 6 damage)
7 Jonas Cleighton 31/36: charges D2 (18+7=hit, 1d8+3+1=12 damage)
7 D1: Attacks Courage (hit, 9 damage)
5 Shaimon Hu'u 18/32 (barkskin 190 rounds): bull rushes D2 (Str check 11 vs. 18=fail)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads