D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi reaches into his pocket, and pulls out three stones. he warms them in his hand and blows on them for luck.

OOC: Cast Magic Stone. Turn 1/10. 3 stones left.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

MetaVoid

Adventurer
Vairar sighs. This once again.
"Tommi, no one is trying to command you what to do. But we don't read your mind. You just dash off and it is upon us to decide what you mean by that. And if we now agree to let you handle things on your own, how are we to decide when it is appropriate to take the risk to save you if something happens? You're part of the group. That means you have to make some compromises."
He turns away toward the door
"I will not ever again give you advice, well-meaning or otherwise since you value your independence so much. Make your own mistakes, by all means. If you survive, please reflect back to these conversations and try to understand we're not telling you don't do it as much as please be careful."
He nods at Escella
"Since you two agree, let's go and find another way in. No loitering this time. Let's go through that tunnel, it provides us with some cover and we'll see other two sides of the houses."

Moving out and into the passage

OOC: The group is coherent (cohesive?) like a swarm of gibberlings :D
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Helgrim rarely enjoys being old, but pretending not to hear arguments around him is one thing he savors. He does not respond to the back-and-forth at all, seeming oblivious in studying the insides of the room.

He mutters a few dwarven curses under his breath as they all move out again, but keeps his own counsel. Instead, he takes up his shield and follows Vairar, moving ahead if possible to be the first line of defense.
 


Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Lunn joins Helgrim at first, but realizes someone needs to guard their backs. So he lets them go forward.

OOC: Leaving Tommi, Escella, Grottur and Lionel in the middle. Shield up!
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
They passed under the second floor overhang and arrived at what must have been the "front" of the hunting lodge. around the corner to the right was the main doors - double oak doors that had once been quite beautiful but now were quite weathered.

A small, broken window (once expensive stained glass) was about seven feet up on the wall to Escella's right, and would provide light for the entrance hall behind the main doors.

On their left, on the second floor above the service room, there was a small boarded window with just enough space to work like an arrow slit. As Vairar passed into its line-of-sight, someone behind it took a shot at him from there.

OOC: Vairar took 9 damage from an arrow.

ArcherAttack: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [13, 14]+4 = 18 for 1D8+2 = [7]+2 = 9
 


Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Lionel follow the group towards the front of the building. He noticed the small broken window and considered scaling the wall to get in through that hole, or at least peer in and get a good view from the inside. But alas, shots were fired from the left and Escalla retaliated. Lionel did not see where the shot came from so he followed Escella's example and placed his back to the wall to get out of line from the sniper.
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi leapt back from the apparent line of fire, as Escella unloaded her blasts. "Seems like old times," he says, as he finds Lionel beside him.
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Escella returned fire, and the figure (a gnoll, she was sure, and she was certain that she had struck it) behind the shutter's opening moved out of sight.

Tommi and Lionel hugged the wall and glanced at each other. It would be easy enough for Tommi to boost Lionel up to the window to have a look inside the lodge's entrance hall.
 


MetaVoid

Adventurer
Vairar looks up at the shooter and bathes it in the sacred flames before rushing behind the corner and out of sight of the window.

Action: Sacred flame, 2d8 radiant damage unless Dex save DC 14 is made
Move: S31
 
Last edited:


FitzTheRuke

Legend
Below the small broken stained-glass window, Lionel could see two gnolls guarding what had once been a majestic entrance hall (though rustic in the eyes of Waterdhavian nobility). Weathered oak floors, a stained old rug styled with the Phylund house crest, and the walls were hung with hunting trophies. The front doors were barred from the inside, and another set of oak doors led further into the lodge.

The gnolls paced the floor and listened for sounds from outside, but did not look up to see Lionel peering at them.
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Looks like there's been a bit of confusion. Here's a map, showing what Lionel can see. No one can quite see into the room where the arrow came from, and the Gnoll who fired it has moved out of Escella's line-of-sight. But to be clear, it shot from the window at Z43ish. Lionel is looking through the window above him. I don't think @Neurotic has said what Lunn does, so he's just hanging back ATM. Tommi is more tucked in than he looks.

1666488682384.png
 

OOC: If I had known there was a corner so close, Escella would have ducked around it. And I have no idea why Vairar is so far away from the rest of us. But this is where we are I guess. I thought we had all turned the corner.
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
If I had known there was a corner so close, Escella would have ducked around it. And I have no idea why Vairar is so far away from the rest of us. But this is where we are I guess. I thought we had all turned the corner.
OOC: I got the impression from your post that she moved back to where she could watch the makeshift arrow-slit for activity, but where she'd be hard to angle a shot at from there. If you want, she can go around the corner. She'd be safe, but she wouldn't be able to see the archer (which she can't do right this second, but she could ready a bolt in case he tries again). Meta/Vairar was the only one who gave me a specific location, so I put him there. The rest was up to my interpretation. (Well, Tommi & Lionel needed to be under the window). Feel free to just go where you want to be in a new post, and we'll assume you are there. We're not in rounds ATM.
 

When no additional arrows fire from the window, Escella moves up and around the corner. The goal is to get inside at the moment unless any other external defenders are encountered. "Shall we try these doors?" she whispers to those already around the corner.
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"No, you should not." replied the hyena worg who had remained between the two northern buildings. "My ears are keen, and I hear you shuffling about and whispering!"

And he began a long, high-pitched howl.
 


An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top