D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

MetaVoid

Adventurer
OOC: I thought I was just about to duck behind the corner - given the position of others, I should have said S38. For some reason I thought we're at rows 27/28


Vairar readies his pike.
"Come then, die like the rest!"
 

log in or register to remove this ad

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I thought I was just about to duck behind the corner - given the position of others, I should have said S38. For some reason I thought we're at rows 27/28
OOC: Ah. Easy enough mistake. It's honestly no big deal, gang. If you say "I go X" and I put you there and it's wrong, just say "I go Y" or even "On the way to X, I changed my mind and stopped at Y" and I'll adjust it. We don't usually even need to backtrack, when we can tweak, if you get what I mean.
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Vairar and Escella's words made the hyena worg hesitant to get into it with them. He stayed around the corner, howling a warning to others nearby. Not only was he likely to be revealing their position, but he seemed to be guarding something other than the entrance to the lodge.
 

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
The doors are barricaded, said Lionel as he let go of the window. There are two armed gnolls guarding the door too. I think it will be difficult to get in, unless we can brake the bar across the door. It's definitely looks like it is the main entrance though.
Lionel too scurried around the corner.

OOC: move to S36-ish
 
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
As the group began to gather in front of the lodge's main doors, Lionel let them know that the door was barred and guarded. Vairar and Escella were keeping an eye on the hyena-worg, who continued to howl out a warning that revealed their position.

From down the corridor between the buildings, Vairar, Escella, and Oh-six saw the doors to the stables burst open and a group of gnoll archers poured out, taking positions of cover from which they could defend the lodge.

OOC: Okay, we've been stalled long enough. I'll throw a fight to (hopefully) get us going again. I haven't had posts from @Neurotic or @JustinCase in a bit. I hope you're both still with me. Anyone who doesn't like where I've put you on the map, just tell me where you move to as part of your first turn. Here goes.
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Encounter: Phylund Lodge Defended
PhyDef1.jpg

(General Features) Difficult Terrain: Trees, Rotten Palisade Visibility: Dim (shrouded); Cover: Trees, Walls
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Escella AC14 HP 33/33 HD 3/6 PP18 SSdc13 3/4 1/3 2/2 SP 5/5 C:ER
Helgrim AC19 HP 35/58 HD 3/6 PP11* SDdc15 3/5d8
Lionel AC16 HP 51/51 HD 6/6 PP14
Lunn AC18* HP 71/71 HD 3/6 PP14* RGdc15 1/3 MA 3/3 BM 3/3
Tommi AC14 HP 33/39 HD 6/6 PP17
Vairar AC18*(20*) HP 45/45 HD 4/6 PP13* SSdc14 4/4 3/3 2/3
(NPCs)
Oh-Six AC13(18) HP 22/22 HD 4/4 PP15(20)* SSdc13 2/3 fly60'
Grottur AC13 HP 19/19 PP13*
Name * AC * HP * PP * (Notes)
(BGs)
Hyena Worg AC13 HP 27/27 PP12*
Gnoll Archers AC13 HP 22ea PP13*
-GA1 22/22; GA2 22/22; GA3 22/22; GA4 22/22
Gnoll Huntmaster AC15 HP 55/55 PP13*
GM: Begin Round One
 




Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Lunn shrugs at the alert and swings his axe at the doors in front of him. He keeps the shield ready as he expects arrows and bolts at the first sign of an opening.
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Escella and Vairar harried the skirmishing party, who took cover behind the chimney or walls of the lodge. One climbed a tree, heading for the roof.

Tommi loaded his sling and waited as Lunn began to hack with his axe at the old but heavy oak front door.

OOC: Escella did 10 to G1; Vairar did 10 to W1. Tommi stayed put; Lunn struck the door (Your choice, @Neurotic, you can roll a STR check, or an attack against AC15 & roll damage. Hard to say which would be quicker.)
 




FitzTheRuke

Legend
Lunn slammed on the door, trying to force it open in one quick blow, but the bar held. The gnolls within began to howl high-pitched yips, excited to soon be getting into violence, their favorite pastime. Helgrim and Grottur waited at the door, ready to rush in if Lunn had managed to open it.

Lionel struck the hyena worg with a crossbow bolt, and it yipped and ran off, nearly out of sight at the corner of the building.

OOC: @Neurotic, if (next round) you want to go for another attempt to bust the door with STR, you can have advantage (the dwarves will help you). If you attempt to hack it down with your axe, it's AC is 15 and it has 40HP. The dwarves will follow your lead and hack at it next round. Either way, s'up to you. All the gnolls are dodging (and taking cover).
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Encounter: Phylund Lodge Defended
PhyDef2.jpg

(General Features) Difficult Terrain: Trees, Rotten Palisade Visibility: Dim (shrouded); Cover: Trees, Walls
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Escella AC14 HP 33/33 HD 3/6 PP18 SSdc13 3/4 1/3 2/2 SP 5/5 C:ER
Helgrim AC19 HP 35/58 HD 3/6 PP11* SDdc15 3/5d8
Lionel AC16 HP 51/51 HD 6/6 PP14
Lunn AC18* HP 71/71 HD 3/6 PP14* RGdc15 1/3 MA 3/3 BM 3/3
Tommi AC14 HP 33/39 HD 6/6 PP17
Vairar AC18*(20*) HP 45/45 HD 4/6 PP13* SSdc14 4/4 3/3 2/3
(NPCs)
Oh-Six AC13(18) HP 22/22 HD 4/4 PP15(20)* SSdc13 2/3 fly60'
Grottur AC13 HP 19/19 PP13*
Name * AC * HP * PP * (Notes)
(BGs)
Hyena Worg AC13 HP 5/27 PP12*
Gnoll Archers AC13 HP 22ea PP13*
-GA1 3/22; GA2 22/22; GA3 22/22; GA4 22/22
Gnoll Huntmaster AC15 HP 55/55 PP13*
GM: End Round One; Begin Round Two
 

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Lionel decided to keep watch and stave off any advancing attackers instead of trying to force his way through the door. Others were stronger and more capable than him to get through. Keep going, he yelled encouragingly and ran up to the corner for a look at the enemies. They all seemed to hid but his keen eye for details tried to discern any movements or gnolls that might get close. He held his trusted crossbow ready to shot anything he could see.

OOC:
Move: to R29 for Bonus Action and possible Action, and then back to R30 for cover.
Bonus Action: Eye for Detail. Wis (perception) check to spot hidden creatures: 1D20+4 = [5]+4 = 9
Action: Crossbow attack, with damage: 1D20+7 = [12]+7 = 19
1D8+4 = [3]+4 = 7, if any creature is spotted.
Reaction: Uncanny Dodge
 
Last edited:



Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Lunn eyed the door and motioned for the dwarves to line up.
"On three!" Lunn lowers the axe and raises his shield, taking a running start toward the door as soon as the allies get into position.
The dwarves, being smart in the ways of artificial-made things, added just the right amount of force for him to burst through the door essentially without stopping.

With a great crash, he door flew apart, with the orc snarling at revealed gnolls behind his shield.
"You're next, dogs!"

Action?: Strength check: 2D20.HIGH(1)+3+2 = [2, 19]+3 = 22 - I counted the rage bonus on the link (for 24 total), but it passed after the fight, right? I mean, this took time...

Move: whatever remained to get into melee with an archer or spellcaster (unarmed, unarmored one)
 

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top