• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Titus doesn't look like he's at V23...

Either way, he moves to the nearest enemy and attacks, and Morwin helps him have Advantage.

[roll0] or [roll]1d20+5[roll]
[roll1]

Sent from my iPad using EN World

River Song

Explorer
Lionel grits his teeth, as determined as the goblins were to get away, he was just as determined to save the woman.

He moves after them and lashes out with his dagger at the creature holding the lady, hoping to slow it down enough for the others to catch up.

[sblock=action]

Move up to goblin holding woman,
[roll0]
[roll1]

[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Enseth & Titus

Enseth and Titus pressed forward, the former firing a flash of light and the latter lunging after a fleeing goblin. In both cases the little cretins bobbed and weaved and scattered before them while returning fire with their little bows. Determined to get away, they followed the now-dead hobgoblin's advice and avoided shooting at the walking wall of metal that was Enseth. Instead, they focused on Titus, who hacked one of the arrows in half with his sword, but the other got him as he twisted to the side, and it pierced his shoulder dangerously close to his neck. He took two steps toward the goblins, who ran, then he dropped to one knee. Finally, he collapsed to the ground.

GM: The hobgoblin who took command was killed by Lionel. The Map is always more correct than my notes. Titus was at AB24 and now is lying at AH22. I assume Enseth stuck with him to AH21.
[sblock=Rolls]Attack: 1D20+4 = [5]+4 = 9
1D6+2 = [4]+2 = 6
1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20
1D6+2 = [3]+2 = 5[/sblock]
Gone: (PCs) Enseth, Titus; (BGs) Goblin6, Goblin7
Damage Taken: (PCs) Titus 5 (Dying); (BGs) None

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Maybe this wasn't such a great idea." he thought to himself as he slipped into unconsciousness.

OOC: I still defend the choice! I couldn't get out of range of the bow and I couldn't close to melee (and so disadv.) That left shoot and try to get to melee next turn, or dodge and not make an attack (disadvantage, but no change in the situation). Anyways, I've got half a minute of death saves ahead of me, maybe. Anything could happen...

EDIT: a few minutes after posting this, a better alternative has occurred to me. Grumble grumble; oh well.

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Can my familiar "help" me with my death saving throws? Like, he nudges me and his comforting presence helps me want to cling to life?

Sent from my iPad using EN World

eayres33

Explorer

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Snake

Snake ran up next to Dandin and sent a bolt of fire at the goblin that caught the creature alight. It ran around in circles, trying in vain to put itself out before collapsing in a heap, smouldering.

Snake sent the same sort of fire at the next goblin, who quickly ducked and dragged off the unconscious crewman. The other crewman grabbed his mate and the goblin and the man began a tug-of-war over the unconscious man, neither of whom gained any ground.

GM: [sblock=Rolls]Goblin8 (to X26) Check: 1D20-1 = [8]-1 = 7
vs Crew2 (to V26) Check: 1D20+1 = [6]+1 = 7 (Tie!)[/sblock]
Gone: (PCs) Snake; (NPCs) Crew2; (BGs) Goblin8
Damage Taken: (PCs) None; (NPCs) None; (BGs) Goblin3 9 (Dead)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Lionel & Janos

Lionel valiantly chased the goblin dragging the woman across the stony bank towards the raiding-boat. He lashed out with his dagger, but the goblin hopped to the side. Then another goblin was on him, cracking him over the head with the pommel of a little sword. Lionel felt as if he'd been struck blind - he couldn't see. Then he fell on his face and it was as if a warm blanket was pulled up over him, like his mother used to tuck him in. He smiled as he fell unconscious.

As Lionel fell to the ground, Janos finished passing his wife and children into the riverboat. "C'mon!" he said to his crewmate and turned to rejoin the fight.

"Janos, don't go!" his wife called to him. "Papa!" cried the boys.

"I have to, luv." he called back as he ran toward the fight, "These men need help!"

GM: Oh oh. These level one characters are so easy to drop!
[sblock=Rolls]
Attack: 1D20+4 = [14]+4 = 18
1D6+2 = [6]+2 = 8

[/sblock]
Gone: (PCs) Lionel; (NPCs) Janos, Crew4; (BGs) Goblin5, Goblin9
Damage Taken: (PCs) Lionel 8 (KO'd); (BGs) None.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads