• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
The bear backed away from the fight. No wonder, it is badly hurt, Titus thought. Good! That gives me some space to jump back. I am a lousy shot anyway. And with that, Titus dropped his crossbow and drew his sword again. He rushed in where the bear had been and muttered some words he learnt from his grandfather. The sword became encased in pale green flames as Titus attacked. The orc tried to parry the attack but the sword struck true and green flames leaped out and engulfed the companion orc.

Move: to AB36
Action: on Orc3 Green-Flame Blade - Sword attack and damage: 1D20+5 = [19]+5 = 24
1D8+5 = [8]+5 = 13
, on Hit Orc4 gets 2HP fire damage (Titus' spellcasting ability modifier).

OOC: Sorry, I have trouble with the power for several days now, I tried posting earlier, but it didn't pass. Doing this in parts now.

Vairar moves in the middle of the orcs, slipping past Angis. He calls upon his goddess, holy light blasting all around him. With the orcs severely wounded he hopes to end at least some of them.

[spoiler=Actions]
Move: AC34
Action: Word of radiance, CON DC 13 to avoid
Orc 3: 1D6 = [2] = 2
Orc 4: 1D6 = [3] = 3
Orc 6: 1D6 = [2] = 2
Orc Blade: 1D6 = [4] = 4
[
/url]
[/spoiler]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The fight on the slippery, steep hill became a bit of a mess as the orcs and the Daggerfordians became crowded in a mass of hacking, slipping, and shouting jumble. Sir Darfin laughed out loud at his own foolish mistakes as he defended himself against the orc swordsman while letting himself get solidly grazed by the javelin-thrower.

Disobeying his order (it was not unusual - these elves believed in freedom of choice) the elf guards moved to the top of the hill and one threw a spear down at the orc on the rock below while the other stood in front, ready to block any retaliation with her shield.

Dandin patted Ol'Sooty, and the bear lumbered away from the fight, to lick his wounds while the halfling tried to frustrate one of the orcs. That orc ignored him as it was stabbed by Titus, and made to hit him with an axe, but Morwen flew onto the orcs head and TItus was easily able to parry the blow.

Tommi came up the hill from the orc's side and struck one dead with a well-placed stone. Vairar found himself in the middle of the scrum and he chanted, creating a flash of light that seared one of the orc's faces while the others averted their gaze.

It was tough-fought, but this fight was nearing its end and it was clear to both sides that the Daggerfordians would most likely be victorious. Somehow this realization only made the orcs nod grimly to each other and fight on with determination.

OOC: Angis can go twice next round for missing this one.

GM: Resolutions
(PCs)
Angis ??
Dandin did 40 (mock) to O4 & handled Ol'Sooty
Escella
did 15 (CB poison) to Orc7 (dead)
Titus did 13 (sword) to Orc3 & 2 (flame) to Orc4
Tommi
did 10 (sling) to Orc5 (dead)
Vairar did 3 (rad) to Orc4
(NPCs)
Ol'Sooty(Bear) disengaged
Darfin embarassed himself
SunElf Guard1 dodged
SunElf Guard2 missed (spear) Orc6
ORB5
danced
Morwen helped Titus
OrcBlade missed (sword) Darfin
Orc3
missed Angis
Orc4
missed Titus
Orc5
died
Orc6 did 7 (javelin crit) to Darfin
Orc7
dashed

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Encounter: Doughty Daggerfordians & Sir Darfin vs Orc Encampment on the River
Riverside7.jpg

(General Features) Difficult Terrain: the trees & bushes;
Elevation: Cliffs (20 foot drops, each); Visibility: Bright (daytime)
EscOrcChase3.jpg

(General Features) Difficult Terrain: the trees, bushes, & rocks;
Cover: trees & rocks; Visibility: Bright (daytime)
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Angis AC14(15) HP 22/40 HD 0/4 PP14* SS 0/3
Dandin AC14 HP 23/23 HD 3/4 PP14 SS 1/4 1/3 BI 0/3
Escella AC14 HP 20/24 HD 1/4 PP16 SS 2/4 1/2 SP 0/3
Titus AC19* HP 30/30 THP 6/6 HD 4/4 PP11 SS 2/2
Tommi AC14 HP 26/28 HD 2/4 PP14
Vairar AC18*(20*) HP 12/31 HD 0/4 PP13* SS 3/4 2/3
(NPCs)
Sir Darfin AC18 HP 26/60 PP 15* (cold shield)
SunElf Guard1 AC16 HP 2/16 PP12*
SunElf Guard2 AC16 HP 4/16 PP12*
Morwin (Tressym) AC12 HP 5/5 PP15*(adv.smell) fly40
ORB5 AC13(18) HP 10/10 PP14* Shock+4,1d8; SS 0/3 fly60
Ol' Sooty AC12 HP 2/45 PP13*(adv.smell)
Name * Damage Taken * (Notes)
(BGs)
OrcEye AC16; HP 0/45 PP11* (dead)
OrcBlade AC18 HP 8/60 PP13*
Orcs AC15 HP (see below) PP10*
-O1 0/15 (dead); O2 0/15 (dead); O3 2/15;
-O4 1/15; O5 0/15 (dead); O6 15/15;O7 0/15 (dead);
Wolves AC13 HP (see below) PP11*(adv smell)
-W1 0/11 (dead); W2 0/11 (dead)
GM: End Round Six; Begin Round Seven

Escella pokes her sword into the orcs chest to make sure he's down and then rushes back to the battle.

OOC: You'll tell me where she got to after the next round I guess. She headed toward P35 (or there abouts) on the main map so she can cross the river near the rocks. From there she can EB with cover.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Darfin thrusts forward under the cover of Vairars flash and skewers the orc blademaster. The lord pirouttes away, his circling move giving speed and power to the next slash that cuts deeply into the orc lurking in the bushes.

"Lets finish this! Enough is enough! Daggerfordians, strike!"

Attack vs OrcBlade: 1D20+8 = [14]+8 = 22
slashing damage: 1D8+6 = [3]+6 = 9
1D20+8 = [18]+8 = 26
1D8+6 = [4]+6 = 10
- first attack is enough to kill the blade. Second goes against O6 (10 damage)
Move: AD31

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin watched one of the orcs look at Vairar and then just keel over. The spell was interesting, but he had other things to deal with just now. In particular, the brute right in front of him. He struck with his blade once more, and once more was foiled by armor.

"Good job Vairar! Whatever it is that you're doing, it's working!" He called out encouragingly.

Siren's Call: 1d20+5 13 1d8+3 6 Slightly below average again. I'd be hitting on a 10! :(

Healing Word at Vairar. Healing Word: 1d4+3 5
Dandin ApplesBane
HP: 23 / 23 HD: 4/4d8
AC: 14
Bardic Inspiration: 3/3 Available (LR)
Spells:
Goodapple 10/10 slices available
1st Level: 1/4 Available
2nd Level: 0/3 Available

Remove ads