• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Floshin Estates/South road
Late Afternoon
Round 7

Turn 1
The orc blademaster went down, leaving just two orcs, only one in reach of Angis’ axes. He slashed at the remaining orc. His first blow was blocked, and Angis followed up with his other axe, cutting off his head.

Turn 2
Angis transferred his mark to the lone orc remaining on the boulder. He pushed through the underbrush to swing his axes at the orc’s legs, though he easily jumped over them.

OOC: I assume Angis can reach the orc on the boulder? Otherwise he would switch to his crossbow again. But again, rolled so poorly he wouldn’t hit anyway.

Mounted Crossbow: +6 2d6 100/400
Bolts: 18
Bolts used: 0

Marauding gnolls (Ardeep Forest, noble hunting party hostage)
Orcs in the north (Harpshield Castle, Floshin Estate, Newfield)
Lizardfolk with steel weapons and armor (Rock Tower, Crom’s Hold)

Save:
Move: To AE33
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Attack Orc 3
Battleaxe: 1D20+4 = [1]+4 = 5
1D8+2 = [4]+2 = 6

Attack Orc 6
Battleaxe hunters mark: 1D20+4 = [3]+4 = 7
1D8+2+1D6 = [2]+2+[1] = 5

Bonus Action: Attack Orc 3
Battleaxe: 1D20+4 = [12]+4 = 16
1D8+2 = [3]+2 = 5

Attack Orc 6
Battleaxe hunters mark: 1D20+4 = [2]+4 = 6
1D8+2+1D6 = [4]+2+[3] = 9

Horde Breaker:
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Battleaxe hunters mark: 1D20+4 = [8]+4 = 12
1D8+2+1D6 = [4]+2+[2] = 8

Hunter’s Mark (if needed):
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark (Orc 6) (583 r)
Conditions:
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14/15 (dual wield)
HP: 22/40 HD: 0/4d10+2

Bolts: 12
Bolts used: 3
Handaxes: 12/12

Spells
1) 0/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.

Vairar - elven cleric
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
Lionel - halfling rogue folk hero
Escella - Human sorcerer

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Vairar's glare rattled the orc's nerves, and they switched to the defensive, a move that utterly failed them as Angis and Darfin cut down the few remaining on the steep slope. All that remained was the spear-throwing orc up on a large boulder, and between Tommi's sling-stones, Titus' hand crossbow, and the Sun Elf Guard's last thrown spear, the brute was brought low, falling into the bushes with a crash.

The battle was hard-fought, but won. Escella and ORB5 returned to the far side of the river, having been victorious in stopping the runner.

GM: Resolutions
(PCs)
Angis did 5 (axe) to Orc3 (dead) & missed Orc6
Dandin
missed (sword) O4 & healed Vairar 5
Escella dased (exp.)
Vairar did 4 (rad) to Orc4 (dead)
(NPCs)
Darfin did 10 (sword) to Orc6
OOC: That just leaves Orc6 at 5/15 HP and Tommi, Titus, Morwen, & both Elf Guards still to go. I think someone will probably get him with a ranged attack, so I'll just call it there.

GM: End of Encounter

Escella crosses the river and is on the slope with the others easily with her great speed. "I guess I only got one kill this time." She says as she gets near Sir Darfin. "His body is about 50 yards that way in the woods. Are we leaving these bodies out in the open?"

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi stands at the bottom of the hill, looking up. His sling is in his hand. He looks for Gutter, which he had dropped. Or maybe left in the orc-cleric's chest, he couldn't remember. No, there it was, by his feet, point down, standing tall amongst the grass like a proud fern in the summer heat.

He picks it up, cleans it, and returns it to its place on his hip. Though it is wiped, the rust seems to return almost immediately. He notes the nicks it has caused in his belt, and realized that he will need a proper scabbard for the foul blade. For there is no doubt that he is keeping it. Gutter is his now, he knows, no longer belonging to the hobgoblin Captain, whose name he never knew. Or did he? It doesn't matter. The blade is his. Tommi Gutter-take.

He returns to the one-eyed corpse, and looks it over, retrieving anything of value. He then proceeds to the camp by the riverside, and sees Escella returning. He begins to go through the camp. "Two down," the boy says aloud.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Lord clears Elfhost and lets his spells expire. "That was harder than expected. You lot need to work on your tactics."
He looks over his guards "Bind your wounds...no, no, I'm fine, take care of yourselves."
He waves the guards away and looks over the orc blade master. A spell later and he knows if any of the equipment of either shaman or the blade masters are magic.
"We should retreat to the manor. Or go back to the town to inform them of this new development. I believe you could use some rest."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
After ensuring that the orc's bodies would not contaminate the river, they left them in a pile for the scavengers. The elves and the Daggerfordians followed Sir Darfin's well-known hunting trails back to the manor house. They used all caution, and there was no trouble along the way. It was late in the day when they slipped across the waterfall-bridge and through the gatehouse past saluting guards. Talynen arrived and informed the Lord that the kitchen had kept dinner waiting. Sir Darfin suggested that the others wash up, and invited them to join him in the Great Hall in a half-hour's time.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Titus was glad for the opportunity to freshen up. It's been a long ride up from the previous place and, on top of that, a couple of hard-fought battles against orcs.
Lionel met them with a cheerful yelp. I am soo happy to see you all. Hurry, dinner is served soon! Lionel bustled around and asked them all how the second fight had unravelled and, every now and then, interjected with bits of his own heroic run for safety to the manor.

Escella regrets there's no time for a bath. Still she does change her clothes completely and cleans up as much as she can between changing. She can't wait to eat and then take a long night's sleep. Hopefully this day had been enough that she might sleep through the night without waking from night terrors.

Remove ads