D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Floshin Estates
Evening
Round 0

“Thayans,” Angis grumbled. “There was a Red Wizard wi’ the goblin in Joulkoun, too,” he informed Darfin. “Bluidy gits stickin’ there noses where they dunnae belong. Where dae these portals o’ yers lead?” he asked the elven lord. “Can we get reinforcements through ‘em?”

Mounted Crossbow: +6 2d6 100/400
Bolts: 18
Bolts used: 0

Marauding gnolls (Ardeep Forest, noble hunting party hostage)
Orcs in the north (Harpshield Castle, Floshin Estate, Newfield)
Lizardfolk with steel weapons and armor (Rock Tower, Crom’s Hold)

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Horde Breaker:
Reaction: Opportunity Attack

Hunter’s Mark (if needed):
Concentration:
Conditions:
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14/15 (dual wield)
HP: 22/40 HD: 0/4d10+2

Bolts: 12
Bolts used: 3
Handaxes: 12/12

Spells
1) 0/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.

Vairar - elven cleric
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
Lionel - halfling rogue folk hero
Escella - Human sorcerer

"If we have to sit here and defend, I'd definitely recommend sending for reinforcements. In the meantime, we should let the defenders defend and go target that wizard. Or wizards. If we remove the driving force behind the orcs they will scatter eventually."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Haw! I like deez kids." Dornuk laughed, "Volunteerin' ta punch der way into a horde justa takeoud da boss. Dey got stones, for shur!"

"Indeed they do,"
replied Talynen, who had joined them for wine, though he had eaten earlier, "But they have had a very long day and should get some rest before they consider another excursion."

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"Well, it worked at Julkoun, but goblins and orcs aren't exactly the same. Still, it has potential. I think I'm starting to get a feel for these Orcs, but I definitely need to sleep on it. In the meantime, I need to talk to somebody about a way to saddle a bear..."

Dandin couldn't quite believe it of himself. Yet, he tought, it might just work. And where would be safer to do battle than riding on the back of a big grizzly bear?

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Floshin Estates
Evening
Round 0

“Can we bring the war wagon?” Angis mused. “That will pack a powerful punch an’ provide some cover. An’ with fast horses an’ open ground, we might be able tae keep some distance until we need tae close, or draw out the wizard.”

He agreed with the sentiment to rest for the night, however.

Mounted Crossbow: +6 2d6 100/400
Bolts: 18
Bolts used: 0

Marauding gnolls (Ardeep Forest, noble hunting party hostage)
Orcs in the north (Harpshield Castle, Floshin Estate, Newfield)
Lizardfolk with steel weapons and armor (Rock Tower, Crom’s Hold)

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Horde Breaker:
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Hunter’s Mark (if needed):
Concentration:
Conditions:
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14/15 (dual wield)
HP: 22/40 HD: 0/4d10+2

Bolts: 12
Bolts used: 3
Handaxes: 12/12

Spells
1) 0/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.

Vairar - elven cleric
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
Lionel - halfling rogue folk hero
Escella - Human sorcerer

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"It would be very difficult to get your battle wagon down to the gardens in secret," explained Talynen, "The only viable road down, as you've seen, is fifteen-hundred feet southeast of the manor, then you have a thousand feet down a steep slope to the river, all of which is in plain sight of the bridge, which is certain to be guarded. From there, you may move into the cover of the gardens, but the main camp is still another fifteen or sixteen-hundred feet away. You then have your choice between moving the wagon, or keeping it hidden; both would be next to impossible."

To improve the mood, Sir Darfin changed the subject, "I have neglected to mention: You will be happy to know that our efforts today should prove very beneficial. To take advantage of it, I have sent runners - both south, to the Elfwood Tavern in Newfield, to see if the militia there will come. If all goes well, they will have been reinforced by now from the militia from Enfield, further south. These are small places, so I do not expect a lot of men, but all will be welcome. To the north-east, my runner goes to find a Druidic circle, who live between the woods and Old King's Hill, about eight miles from here. Hopefully, they will come to our aid. I expect that they will. Abandoning the manor may not yet be necessary."

OOC: Viable Wagon route shown in purple

FloshinEstateWR.jpg

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Perhaps the war wagon could be a distraction," suggests Tommi. "Firing at its extreme range, drawing attention and perhaps some troops while we infiltrate through the fields."

OOC: What time of year is it? Is there nice tall corn in the fields through which we might move stealthily? or is it scrubgrass and tomatoes?

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
I had a hard time getting the war wagon inside the manor. Without my skilful driving and lots of luck, no doubt, we wouldn't have made it. I think we better leave the wagon behind... I may not be so lucky next time.
Lionel said after swigging some beer. He was a little nervous getting out amongst the orcs but he felt better if he could have a chance to hide. Sitting on the wagon, he would be exposed. He shuddered slightly at the thought.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"We can use the wagon to assault the last checkpoint. If they see it heading that way, maybe they'll send a good chunk of their forces to try to 'deal' with it. Once it's down we can send the wagon to the next town in that direction and hopefully set up an ambush for the re-inforcements."

Remove ads