D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Floshin Estates
Evening
Round 0

Angis returned with the others to the elven manor. While still on his feet, he was still rough, and tapped out. He went gratefully to his room and washed up in the basin, making sure to get the orc blood out of his beard. He wiped down his armor and weapons, then put on fresh clothes and headed down to dinner.

“‘ow many more orcs are still oot there?” he asked, pouring a generous amount of he elven wine and tossing it back

Mounted Crossbow: +6 2d6 100/400
Bolts: 18
Bolts used: 0

Marauding gnolls (Ardeep Forest, noble hunting party hostage)
Orcs in the north (Harpshield Castle, Floshin Estate, Newfield)
Lizardfolk with steel weapons and armor (Rock Tower, Crom’s Hold)

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Horde Breaker:
Reaction: Opportunity Attack

Hunter’s Mark (if needed):
Concentration:
Conditions:
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14/15 (dual wield)
HP: 22/40 HD: 0/4d10+2

Bolts: 12
Bolts used: 3
Handaxes: 12/12

Spells
1) 0/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.

Vairar - elven cleric
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
Lionel - halfling rogue folk hero
Escella - Human sorcerer

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin only had a very few spells left in him after the day's exertions. He spent them on healing Ol'Sooty though, as the bear was looking rather ragged after that fight. Once back at the manor, he made sure it was taken care of before going to clean himself up. He was too tired to put on airs though, and settled for a simple tunic for dinner.

"Can we worry about that in the morning? I'm beat."

"I agree," Escella says. "My quick dip in the river wasn't as refreshing as it could have been. I also suspect our small band would be swarmed by the armed camp to the southwest. There are hundreds of orcs there last time I spied on them."

"We opened the way into the town. Non-combatants can be sent away and we can receive reinforcements. And if worst comes to worse, we can abandon the manor."
Mercenary nods to the nobles
"I understand this is not preferable option, but you must keep it in mind."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Along with the Daggerfordians, Sir Darfin had invited to dinner the three elf guards who had joined them on the excursion, and another guest, a large half-orc who he introduced as Lunn Dornuk. Dornuk had been commanding the Manor's defenses while the lord had been away, and they spent much of the meal speaking about the forces against them.

"Der mebbe jus ovah a hunnerd, yah." Dornuk said to Escella, "Bud nod hunners. Dey bin usin' illoozuns t'make it look like ders more. Ders a wizzah widdem; mebbe too. Thayan I'd say, inner red robes. Dey uppta summin, dat's foe shur. Wish we new wud."

Two elderly human servants brought out a new bottle of wine to replace the one that Angis had finished off, and Sir Darfin thanked them and told them, "When the alarm sounds, get all the servants to lock themselves in their rooms. I'm afraid that I can't say when it might happen, but do not fear. We shall turn them back."

As the servants backed out of the room, he turned to Vairar and explained, "We don't have quite enough men to send them away with any protection. If we have to abandon the manor, we will all travel together. Though - I'm afraid that we can't let them take the long cellar at all cost. My father, Elorfindar, liked to travel, but he did not have the time for the journey. He had powerful mages install a room of gateways: Doors to other places. You may have heard my nickname 'Longwalker' - it is because, after years of travelling through these gateways as a youth, I yearned to see the places in-between."

Last edited:

"I would think defending the manor would be easier than defending the town," Escella says. "The town can be breached from all sides at once. The manor can't be overrun right from the start. These doors you speak of do sound like a way to get the servants out safely. Perhaps even get reinforcements?"

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin sighed as the conversation rode right over his objection. Still, he could see the reason behind it and leaned forward to take part. At the description of the wizards, he frowned in concentration. "Red wizards again? Enseth was right, and if they know about this room-full of portals, then we know why they're here. I wish he would wake up, we need all the help we can get.

Looking around, Dandin hoped that Orb 5 was watching and that Enseth would know to wake up in the face of his much-talked-about thayan menace.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
To Escella, Sir Darfin replied, "Yes, if we are to move south, it will be all the way to Daggerford. I will absolutely allow the servants to escape by the gateways should it come to that, but I would rather use more mundane means if at all possible. The gateways are a family secret, or there could very well be more trouble such as this. I do not know if these Red Wizards are aware of the gateways, but even if they are not, we don't want them to get to them. If it comes to it, we must collapse the manor's cellars. Shallendra can command an elemental to do it. I will stay to help her. We can find our own way out. That is a last resort, of course. We may yet be able to hold them off."

To Dandin, Escella says, "We can't wait until morning to discuss plans for tomorrow. By tomorrow, the orcs will know their remote camps have been routed. They might decide to respond in kind tomorrow."

To Darfin, "We should work under the assumption they are here for these portals. I just we can rest through the night to tackle this issue fresh."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Talk of the portals makes Tommi's eyes go wide. "Can there really be such a thing? Windows that open to other worlds and places?" He smiles and shakes his head. What would Sherlen think of this, when he tells her?

He offers no plans and defers to the others for whether to act. He had pushed them to rush to the second camp, he knew, and while he was eager (where did the eagerness come from?) to press on, he now knew about the portals, and he was curious.

"If we stay, the portals will need a guard," he volunteers.

Remove ads