• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

Vairar glares at the hated enemy, seething at the delay, but knowing that only living elf kill orcs. He hopes he won't make the enemy of the young human, but if the boy lives through the ordeals and lives to be old however quickly that came to humans, Vairar will consider it a success.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Lionel sat down an had a snack. You never know when the next opportunity would come.
He was good at picking locks and sneaking about, and he had a good eye for details. He had even proven to himself that he could see enemies' flaws while fighting them, which had saved him more than once, but he was no good at strategic thinking. That was better left for the warriors of the group. All that thinking must make them hungry, he thought to himself and handed out snacks to the others.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Floshin Estates
Afternoon
Round 0

Angis gave the crow’s report to the others. “Three camps. One here, one in the ruins, one north, about twenty each, along with attack animals. An’ the castle’s got some kinda ogre or giant undead. Said the west side o’ the ‘ill was dangerous, sneaky snakes ‘r somethin’.”

Mounted Crossbow: +6 2d6+Dex 100/400
Bolts: 55
Bolts used:

Marauding gnolls (Ardeep Forest, noble hunting party hostage)
Orcs in the north (Harpshield Castle)
Lizardfolk with steel weapons and armor (Rock Tower, Crom’s Hold)

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:

Attack 2:

Bonus Action:

Horde Breaker:

Reaction: Opportunity Attack

Hunter’s Mark, if applicable:
Concentration:
Conditions:
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +5
Speed: 30
AC: 14/15 (dual wield)
HP: 58/58 HD: 5/6d10+2

Bolts: 50
Bolts used:
Handaxes: 2/2

Spells
1) 4/4 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
2) 2/2 Pass Without Trace
Primal Awareness (cast each spell once per long rest): Speak with Animals, Beast Sense
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.

Vairar - elven cleric
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Lionel - halfling rogue folk hero
Escella - Human sorcerer

"So, we surround them, and hit fast and hard. From afar. We prevent them from raising an alarm or at least finish them quick enough no support can come." Vairar offers.

"We could just retreat and give our report to those after us...but I'd like to hit them now.

Tommi, can you go between them and the castle and prevent anyone from running in that direction. Someone else could go with you, who's stealthy enough not to be noticed. The rest of us target them with arrows and spells, targeting the leader...and let them come to us. If none run toward the castle, those behind them can enter the camp and attack from behind or disable any gongs or similar devices.

What do you think?"

"I have rather long range on my spells and I can run extremely fast if I cast Expeditious Retreat," Escella says. "So while I am best able to sneak off with Tommi, I am probably better used at drawing the orcs south, away from their fellows."

"Tommi really shouldn't go all alone. You two can sneak off, attack, and we can attack immediately after that. Hopefully we slay the leader and I can shout few insults at them and draw attention away from you. You can disappear into the trees again even if they know you're there somewhere. Maybe you can shoot from afar and when they start toward you, Tommi can surprise more of them. And we'll attract attention on the other side."

Vairar speaks in a hurry, it seems the humans are eager to kill the orcs at least as much as he is. But they have time this time, it's not like the manor where they had to run blindly into the fight. Ah well, at least he gets to kill some orcs.

"Dornuk, can you sneak away with Tommi?"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Floshin Estates
Afternoon
Round 0

Angis quietly sharpened his axes, letting the elven cleric coordinate the attack. He could go either way, but his crossbow wasn’t as fast at shooting as a longbow, and he was better with his axes, anyway.

Mounted Crossbow: +6 2d6+Dex 100/400
Bolts: 55
Bolts used:

Marauding gnolls (Ardeep Forest, noble hunting party hostage)
Orcs in the north (Harpshield Castle)
Lizardfolk with steel weapons and armor (Rock Tower, Crom’s Hold)

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:

Attack 2:

Bonus Action:

Horde Breaker:

Reaction: Opportunity Attack

Hunter’s Mark, if applicable:
Concentration:
Conditions:
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +5
Speed: 30
AC: 14/15 (dual wield)
HP: 58/58 HD: 5/6d10+2

Bolts: 50
Bolts used:
Handaxes: 2/2

Spells
1) 4/4 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
2) 2/2 Pass Without Trace
Primal Awareness (cast each spell once per long rest): Speak with Animals, Beast Sense
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.

Vairar - elven cleric
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Lionel - halfling rogue folk hero
Escella - Human sorcerer

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I hav' to be closer, ahsses are nae bows. I can go with Tommi. Just start already."
Dornuks patience seems to be wearing thin.

"Why don't all four of you go around to the north so everyone can stop any fleeing orcs?" Escella says. "I'll snipe them from this side and hopefully keep the entire hoard from overrunning your position. I can out run them and still send my magic bolts at them while outrunning them. When the fight ends, I'll send my first volley at whichever orc wins the fight. Wait a few ticks so that they are focused in my direction before starting your assault. But we must hurry."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads