• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

HP: 25/32
AC: 12/15(Mage Armour)
Pass Perc: 11
Pass Inv: 17
Pass Ins: 11
Spell Slots:
1st[ ] [ ][ ] [ ]
2nd [X] [ ] [ ]

3rd [ ] [ ] [ ]
Arcane Ward: 0/16Initiative: +2 Spell Save DC: 15
Stats(saves)
STR: 10+0
DEX: 14 + 2
CON: 12 + 1
INT: 18+4(+7)
WIS: 12 +1(+4)
CHA:12 +1
Skills
Arcana: 10
History: 7
Investigation:7
Medicine: 4
Persuasion: 4
Religion: 7
Cantrips
Control Flames, Chill touch,
Shape water, Shocking grasp
Memorized Spells
1st
Grease, Mage Armour, Prot. Evil, Shield
2nd Arcane Lock, Invisibility, Web
3rd Counterspell, Dispel Magic, Slow

The red wizard called, "I see you have found your rescue, Morgan! I have little control over these savage beasts. Our alliance was tenuous, at best. There is little I can do to negotiate for peace."

The doctor, sprints up the stairs and past the others, moving towards the fire-place so he could see Theggar.(1)

"That doesn't concern me. This group seems quite adept at killing gnolls and, equally so, wizards. I recommend you don't give them a reason to turn their ire towards you. You've failed to prevent me from casting spells and you've seen my spellbook: you know that I can counter any attempts at magical interference.(2) Leave the gnolls to us and we will parlay when the fight is through. Or help us. The choice is yours."(3)

It wasn't that Morgan felt indebted to Theggar for 'rescuing' him from the gnolls but Morgan was a doctor and needlessly murdering the wizard went against much of what he believed in. Also, they needed more information. Morgan wasn't even sure his rescuers wouldn't turn on the Red Wizard, regardless of a deal but, without his spellbook, Morgan had very little to offer to help combat the gnolls. The longer he could keep the Thayan wizard from joining the fray, the better.

He waited for Theggar's counter-offer.

1. Moving 30 feet to BY34, hopefully I won't regret moving there. (assuming I can't take a double move because of my action)
2. This is referring to the fact that Morgan has counterspell in his spellbook and that Theggar has probably gone through his book.
3.My goal here is not to specifically make a deal - although, striking one would be great - it's to keep the wizard talking and out of the fight for as long as possible.
Persuasion: 1D20+4 = [12]+4 = 16

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Oh, I very much doubt that you have retained your full suite of spells," answered the Red Wizard, "Though it was very clever of you to pull off the Web. On the other hand, I see what you mean regarding your new allies' gnoll-slaying prowess."

He hesitated for a moment, as gnolls rushed across the room, howling. Then he said, "I tell you what: Should you survive the next few minutes, come knock at this door and I will return your spellbook with my congratulations."

With that pronouncement, he shut the door.

OOC: If anyone feels the need to have taken a shot at him while the door was open, we can fit it in.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Lionel followed the conversation between the two wizards but could not do much. The red wizard was quickly out of sight and they just kept talking.
As the south door opened, Lionel watched the first gnoll burst through and looked at an opening. And there it was, he thought, but the bolt lodged itself in the doorway next to the gnoll. Focus, he told himself but his hands where shaking. He was as scared as ever and the only one next to him was a wizard without much magic!
Lionel moved closer to the fireplace and looked up the chimney, in case he needed to escape quickly.

Vairar pushes forward again, faints the first gnoll into avoiding his spear only to surprise the gnoll behind it, skewering it onto Shatterpike. Familiar hum of potential thunder in the air threatens the gnoll in the background.

"Your leader has already fallen, mutts. Sit and behave! Or die!"
"Archers, get the one in the web before it frees itself!"

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Moving past the fallen flind and the other dwarf, Helgrim faces the closest gnoll that burst into the room head-on. Charging with his shield up, the old dwarven warrior knocks his enemy's weapon aside and follows up with a slash at the now-exposed flank. The battleaxe almost takes out the creature's guts, and blood flows freely to the floor.

Then the dwarf tries to reverse his axe and hit the gnoll again, but he almost slips on the blood on the floor and the attack goes wide.

"Them beasties ne'er listen," he snarls. "Best to be puttin' them down quick."

OOC: Move to BX-36, attack gnoll 4:
1D20+7 = [20]+7 = 27 (crit)
for 1D8+6 = [8]+6 = 14 slashing damage
Extra Attack: 1D20+7 = [2]+7 = 9 (miss)
for 1D8+6 = [1]+6 = 7 slashing damage

Extra damage for crit:
1D8 = [6] = 6

Almost, but not quite killed it. :)

In case Helgrim is attacked (and missed) by an opponent, he will use his Reaction for the Riposte maneuver, making an attack in return.

HP: 25/32
AC: 12/15(Mage Armour)
Pass Perc: 11
Pass Inv: 17
Pass Ins: 11
Spell Slots:
1st[ ] [ ][ ] [ ]
2nd [X] [ ] [ ]

3rd [ ] [ ] [ ]
Arcane Ward: 0/16Initiative: +2 Spell Save DC: 15
Stats(saves)
STR: 10+0
DEX: 14 + 2
CON: 12 + 1
INT: 18+4(+7)
WIS: 12 +1(+4)
CHA:12 +1
Skills
Arcana: 10
History: 7
Investigation:7
Medicine: 4
Persuasion: 4
Religion: 7
Cantrips
Control Flames, Chill touch,
Shape water, Shocking grasp
Memorized Spells
1st
Grease, Mage Armour, Prot. Evil, Shield
2nd Arcane Lock, Invisibility, Web
3rd Counterspell, Dispel Magic, Slow

Satisfied with Theggar's answer (and also relieved), Morgan turned to the others
"Your leader has already fallen, mutts. Sit and behave! Or die!"
"Even if it understands you, they won't stop...they mostly speak abyssal....and their leader is a shaman who, I imagine, is preparing himself for battle."

Remove ads