• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Zasha

Zasha was only twelve, but she had always been a clever girl; too clever by half, her mother would say. Now she wasn't sure what to do. The goblins had been moving the villagers to the boats for some time, and she had spotted an opportunity to slip away. She hated leaving her mother and little brother behind, but how did it make sense for them all to be sold into slavery if any one of them could make their escape? She had ran off between the buildings at the first opportunity, but a goblin had seen her go, just at the last minute.

Now two burly hobgoblins were searching for her. She knew these lanes so well that even in the dark she had been able to avoid them so far. Tucked behind a rain barrel, she had a short chance to rest. But a hobgoblin was coming. She could hear the rattle of its chainmail. She wasn't sure how long this cat-and-mouse game would last, but she was determined to keep it up as long as she could.

[sblock=Zasha]Zasha.png[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Location: Julkoun Lower Bailey; Encounter: Gorhag the Slaver & his Blood-White Banner


End Round Two; Begin Round Three


GM:
[sblock=Party (PCs)]
Name * (Space) * Perc * AC * HP * Hit Dice * Notes
Angis (CQ16) PP14* AC14 HP 30/31 THP0 HD 3/3
Dandin (CR14) PP14 AC14 HP 18/18 HD 3/3
Enseth (CP16) PP14 AC20* HP 13/22 HD 1/3
Wolf-Titus (CO16) PP13/18 AC13 HP 11/11 THP 3/3
Tommi (CQ15) PP14 AC14 Dodge HP 11/21 HD 3/3
[/sblock]
[sblock=Allies (NPCs)]
Averiel (CY10) PP15* AC14 HP 26/27 THP 3/3 HD 2/3
Morwin (CN16) PP15* AC12 HP 5/5 Help
ORB4 (CU14) PP13* AC11 HP 1/1 Help
Zasha (AZ14) PP11 AC11 HP 3/3 (Hidden)
Julkounians (Lots)
[/sblock]
[Sblock=Enemies (BGs)]
Bridge
GoblinBully1 (CM20) HP less 8
*Goblin1 (CP19) HP less 10 (Dead)
*Goblin2 (CN19) HP less 13+ (Dead)
*Goblin3 (CI23) HP less 12 (Dead)
Hobgoblin1 (CC28)
Searching
Hobgoblin2 (BJ19)
Near Tree
HobArcher1 (AT40)
Hobgoblin3 (BK49)
GoblinBully2 (BM45)
Goblin4 (BP45)
Goblin5 (BP47)
HobArcher2 (BO51)
Docks
Gohrag (CK58)
GoblinBully3 (CM58)
Goblin6 (CM63)
Goblin7 (CM68)
Hobgoblin4 (CO59)
HobArcher3 (CL60)
Bannerman1 (CM65)
Bannerman2 (CO56)
Town Shrine
Hobgoblin5 (AB35)
Hobgoblin6 (AB41
GoblinBully4 (AE36)
Goblin8 (AH36)
Goblin9 (AI39)
[/sblock]



[sblock=Map]JLBailey3.png
[/sblock]
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
Looking down into the most Dandin noticed a stick surrounded by wavelets. It must've fallen from the bridge as they hurried across it. Then he looked up just in time to watch one of the goblins get hit by something from the sky and stagger. Then a pair of arrows sprouted from it's chest and it fell over. Dandin shrugged in consternation and hurried forward and fired at the last goblin. This stone flew wide and bounced off of the the bridge post, only to actually strike it's target. Though, he couldn't be sure if this one was able to wound the goblin or not.

OOC: Move to CO 19
Sling:: 1d20+4 5 1d4+2 5
Lucky!: 1d20+4 13
 
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Titus vs GoblinBully1, Morwin & Dandin vs Hobgoblin1

Titus mauled the downed, struggling goblin to death and his familiar Morwin flew off to harass the next target - the hobgoblin. The hobgoblin had run out into the open and was about to raise a horn to its mouth when the Tressym flew into its face. It shooed the winged cat away with an arm and made again to blow the horn when Dandin's stone bounced off the bridge and struck it in the hand. It caused no injury, but it stung, and it so angered the Hobgoblin, that instead of raising the alarm, the creature plucked a javelin off of a small rack on its back and flung it at the halfling. Dandin danced to one side, and the javelin stuck into the wood of the bridge.

OOC: Looks like I forgot to put a dead-skull on Goblin3, who's in the middle of the clearing at the bottom of the bridge. He's the one who was struck with Averiel's arrows, so he's dead. No more goblins here anymore, just one angry Hobgoblin. I'll assume Tituswolf runs down the bridge after killing the last goblin. Tommi can get Sneak Attack from Morwin on the Hobgoblin.


GM:
Damage Taken:
(BGs) GoblinBully1 12 (Dead);
(PCs) None; (NPCs) None
[sblock=Notes]
Hobgoblin1 javelin vs Dandin
1d20+3: 10 [1d20=7]; 1d6+1: 3 [1d6=2]
[/sblock]
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Angis Honack
Julkoun/Goblin barracks
10:05 PM
Round 3


Concentration check: 1d20+2 21


“Get those fires oot!” Angis yelled as he went barreling down the bridge toward the remaining hobgoblin.


OOC: I don’t thing Angis can get in range to attack the hobgoblin, so he’s going to double move toward him and move Hunter’s Mark to him.



[sblock=Angis’ Actions]
Save:
Move: Dash to hobgogl
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action: Move Hunter’s Mark to Hobgoblin
Horde Breaker:
Reaction: Absorb Elements or Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark (Hobgoblin)
Inspiration:
[/sblock]


[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 30/31+3thp HD: 3/3d10+2


Bolts: 15
Bolts used: 0
Handaxes: 11/12


Spells
1) 2/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.
[/sblock]


[sblock=Party Loot]
[/sblock]


[sblock=Goals]
Stop at Julkoun and ask about Estor the priest for Hadesha, the priestess of Chauntea in Daggerford. DEAD
Find out the fate of the storyteller Findledan (Jester’s Pride tavern) for the dryad Oyfanen outside Julkoun.
[/sblock]


[sblock=Party]
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
[/sblock]
 

Fradak

Explorer
[Strategic advice: ] Never leave your wingman.

Complying with his Master's directives, Enseth stays in formation with Angis and move forward to the Hobgoblin.

ORB4, mark the target for our friends, will you.
"Bee-boop" acknowledged the drone before flying to the Hobgoblin.

OOC: Movement: with Angis
ORB4: help anyone who's trying to shoot the Hobgoblin.

Enseth's ward took 6 of the 9 damage so he is at 19/22 hp.

[sblock=Statblock]HP: 19/22 HD:1/1d8 - 2/2d6
AC: 20 (22 Shield of Faith, 25 Shield, 27 both)
PP: 14
Arcane Ward: 0/6 HP
Speed. 40 ft.
=============
Spell slots:
1st: 3/4
2nd: 1/2
Concentration:
Active Spell:
War Priest: 2/2
Arcane Recovery: 1/1
=============
Setup
Darts: 20/20
Javelins: 3/5
Caltrops: 100/100
Health Potions: 0
Coins: 272 gp, 9 sp.
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
"I'll get the fires" shouts Tommi to Angis and the rest, as he tries to lob his third stone into the remaining Hobgoblin.

OOC: ROund 3.
Attack, with advantage (help from Orb): better of [roll0] and [roll1]. If a hit, damage = [roll2] (with Sneak Attack).

Move: Tommi will linger behind to put out the fires, now that he knows that works. Even if it takes 2 rounds, he can catch up with dash later, and putting out the fires, saving the bridge, seems the right thing to do. He needs to be with in 30' of them for that, so he'll move forward 30' now, and, (bonus) Dodge.

Sorry for being so slow on this turn.
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Angis, Enseth, ORB4, and Tommi

Angis and Enseth rushed down the bridge while Tommi considered the fire. He could snuff it out, as he had the other, but the light rain would probably do the trick. Without the goblins there to torch more of the bridge, it seemed likely that the fire would go out on its own, having only done damage to the rail - easily repaired.

Hoping he was right, Tommi launched a stone at the hobgoblin as it again began to lift a horn to blow the alarm while waving off ORB4. The stone struck the hobgoblin square in the nose, and the slaver fell to the ground, unable to breathe. It died wheezing.

Hobgoblin Archer2

Far to the south, a hobgoblin armed with a bow was on look-out. In the dim light of the fires on the bridge the hobgoblin could make out some shadowy figures moving about. The sound of the river was too loud to make out any sound of battle, but the archer was pretty sure that there were more, bigger creatures over there than the goblin fire-makers. He was about to investigate when a large group of prisoners where dragged past him, blocking his view.

Zasha vs Hobgoblin2

She was found. The pig-face who was looking for her came around the corner in his noisy armour and began to run toward her. Zasha jumped over the water-barrel and ran down the lane. She had played games like this with her cousins, but this was no game. She ran for her life, circling the building. She was scared of every shadow, wondering if there was a goblin there to jump on her.


GM:
Damage Taken:
(BGs) Hobgoblin1 16 (Tommi's Stone, Dead);
(PCs) None; (NPCs) None
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Location: Julkoun Lower Bailey; Encounter: Gorhag the Slaver & his Blood-White Banner


End Round Three; Begin Round Four


GM:
[sblock=Party (PCs)]
Name * (Space) * Perc * AC * HP * Hit Dice * Notes
Angis (CJ26) PP14* AC14 HP 30/31 THP0 HD 3/3
Dandin (CO19) PP14 AC14 HP 18/18 HD 3/3
Enseth (CJ27) PP14 AC20* HP 19/22 HD 1/3
Wolf-Titus (CL23) PP13/18 AC13 HP 11/11 THP 3/3
Tommi (CM21) PP14 AC14 Dodge HP 11/21 HD 3/3
[/sblock]
[sblock=Allies (NPCs)]
Averiel (CQ16) PP15* AC14 HP 26/27 THP 3/3 HD 2/3
Morwin (CI27) PP15* AC12 HP 5/5
ORB4 (CI29) PP13* AC11 HP 1/1 Help
Zasha (BC24) PP11 AC11 HP 3/3
Julkounians (Lots)
[/sblock]
[Sblock=Enemies (BGs)]
Dead at Bridge
*GoblinBully1 (CM20) HP less 20 (Dead)
*Goblin1 (CP19) HP less 10 (Dead)
*Goblin2 (CN19) HP less 13+ (Dead)
*Goblin3 (CI24) HP less 12 (Dead)
*Hobgoblin1 (CC28) HP less 16 (Dead)
Chasing
Hobgoblin2 (BE13)
Near Tree
HobArcher1 (AT40)
Crossing Town
Hobgoblin3 (BO49)
GoblinBully2 (BQ45)
Goblin4 (BT45)
Goblin5 (BT47)
HobArcher2 (BO51)
Docks
Gohrag (CK58)
Bannerman1 (CL51)
GoblinBully3 (CM52)
Goblin6 (CM63)
Goblin7 (CM67)
Hobgoblin4 (CO59)
HobArcher3 (CL60)
Bannerman2 (CM65)
Town Shrine
Hobgoblin5 (AB35)
Hobgoblin6 (AB41
GoblinBully4 (AE36)
Goblin8 (AH36)
Goblin9 (AI39)
[/sblock]



[sblock=Big Map]JLBailey4.png
[/sblock]
 

tglassy

Explorer
OOC: Titus mentally directs Morwin to fly up and survey the area. I want to see if he can spot the girl and let Titus know so he can go to her.
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
Dandin smiles as he watches Tommi's stone finish off the latest Hobgoblin. So far, it seemed that they'd gotten lucky in the not raising the alarm department. It probably wouldn't last much longer, but they needed to make it last as long as possible. He noticed a couple vague outlines over by the docks, and though he couldn't make much out in the darkness, he decided to play a bit of a ruse to 'hopefully' keep them happy. Not quite sure if it would work, he summoned up the image of a goblin standing where the one had fallen, a torch in it's hand and flames licking at the surface of the bridge. He, himself stood at the other side, trying to look like he was working at spreading the flames already there.

"You guys try and sneak up on another batch. Once the alarm is raised, I'll come running."

OOC: Deception: [roll0]
Minor Image for the fake goblin and FOI to pick up a fallen torch. Otherwise, just hoping the distance and the rain will make it hard to notice it's a goblin-sized halfling and not a goblin waving a torch around uselessly.
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Zasha vs Hobgoblin2

Zasha dashed down a lane. She had circled the building that she had been hiding behind, hoping that the hobgoblin would follow her the long way around, but somehow the brute had anticipated her tactic - he went the other way and quickly caught up to her. She would have screamed, but she did not want other goblins to join the hunt.

OOC: They are both out of time by dashing, so he hasn't grabbed her yet.


Morwin & Dandin

Morwin flew up into the air to give Titus an overview of the area. The winged cat spotted the girl and the hobgoblin in the lane, but was not watching when one of the goblins guarding the townsfolk spotted him and fired an arrow. By a miracle, the arrow only grazed the familiar, knocking feathers from his wing. He let out a yowl.

Dandin created an illusion of a goblin with a torch, and tried to appear like the goblins were still setting fire to the bridge - but his illusory torch flickered all wrong for the rain and the fires were going out, not increasing overall. Furthermore, there were far too many shadowy figures near the bridge. No, the hobgoblin lookout did not buy the ruse. He pushed his way through the crowd of prisoners passing by him and called to any nearby hobgoblins to join him.

GM: They haven't raised a general alarm yet, but there's a few hobgoblins coming to investigate.
Damage Taken:
(BGs) None; (PCs) None;
(NPCs) Morwin 3 (GoblinBully2's Arrow)
[Sblock=Notes]
Morwin Perception
1d20+5: 20 [1d20=15]
Zasha vs Hobgoblin2 (Deception vs Perception)
2#1d20: 2 # 5 [1d20=5] 15 [1d20=15]
GoblinBully2 Perception to spot Morwin
1d20-1: 18 [1d20=19]
GB2 shortbow vs Morwin
1d20+4 22 [1d20=18]; 1d6+2: 3 [1d6=1]
HobArcher2 Insight vs Dandin's 9 Deception
1d20: 13 [1d20=13]
[/sblock]
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Angis Honack
Julkoun/Goblin barracks
10:05 PM
Round 4


With the hobgoblin before him dead, and no others nearby, Angis looked around in the darkness and rain. He gestured toward Enseth to follow and headed for the corner of the nearby building. He dropped his hand axes and pulled out his crossbow as he moved his hunter’s mark to the approaching hobgoblin from the southeast. He drew a bead and fired.


[sblock=Angis’ Actions]
Save:
Move: Head to CD30 (corner of the building; probably short by 1 space)
Free Object Interaction: Draw crossbow
Action: Shoot hobgoblin in lower right corner. Should be in range of a heavy crossbow’s 100’
Heavy crossbow: 1D20+3 = [9]+3 = 12
1D10+1D6+1 = [10]+[6]+1 = 17

Bonus Action: Move Hunter’s Mark to Hobgoblin
Horde Breaker:
Reaction: Absorb Elements or Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark (Hobgoblin)
Inspiration:
[/sblock]


[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 30/31+3thp HD: 3/3d10+2


Bolts: 15
Bolts used: 0
Handaxes: 11/12


Spells
1) 2/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.
[/sblock]


[sblock=Party Loot]
[/sblock]


[sblock=Goals]
Stop at Julkoun and ask about Estor the priest for Hadesha, the priestess of Chauntea in Daggerford. DEAD
Find out the fate of the storyteller Findledan (Jester’s Pride tavern) for the dryad Oyfanen outside Julkoun.
[/sblock]


[sblock=Party]
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
[/sblock]
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Tommi dashes to the building in front of him for cover, trusting that the small fires will put themselves out without further damage to the bridge. He sees no gobins within reach, and so presses his back against the building's cheap plaster, and digs into his pocket and pulls out three more stones, blowing on them for good luck.

OOC: Move and Action (Dash) -- move 60' SW. That should put him in the CE column, somewhere between row 30 and 35, depending on how diagonals are figured.
Bonus: Cast Magic Stone. Stones remaining: 3.
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Angis vs HobBannerman1

Angis moved behind the closest building and fired his crossbow at a hobgoblin that was coming forward from the docks. The hobgoblin held a banner - a white sheet stained with blood on a long pole with a cross-bar. The hobgoblin spun the pole, and the quarrel went wide. Then the hobgoblin bannerman moved with uncanny speed, crossing the open field in quick strides. He disappeared from sight around the other side of the building. Angis was unsure as to which way the bannerman had gone, nor from which direction he might return.

Tommi

Convinced that the fire would go out on its own without seriously damaging the bridge, Tommi ran over to the same building as Angis and leaned on the wall next to a chimney, blowing on some of his sling-stones.

Averiel vs HobArcher2

Averiel leapt over the bridge's scorched railing, and landed on a grassy hill. She took a few ranging shots at the hobgoblin archer, but he was far away - even as he strode toward them, he easily side-stepped her arrows as they struck into the ground.


GM: [MENTION=6805410]Fradak[/MENTION] Enseth needs to go, if you have a moment. @tglassy Titus can still take a turn!
Damage Taken:
(BGs) None; (PCs) None; (NPCs) None
[Sblock=Notes]
Averiel Shortbow (long range) vs HobArcher2
2#2d20l1+4: 2 #6 [2d20l1=[2], 14] 10 [2d20l1=[6], 7]
2#1d6+2: 2 # 6 [1d6=4] 5 [1d6=3][/Sblock]
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Titus the Wolf

Through Morwin's eyes, Titus spotted a girl, desperately trying to get away from a very aggressive-looking hobgoblin. He dashed to her rescue, running between buildings. The lane was dark and he marvelled at how the world looked through his wolf-eyes. He could hear their struggle now, just around the corner.

Enseth & ORB4

"Seek!" Enseth's order registered in ORB4's sensors, and the little construct flew over the corner of the building. Sensing the hobgoblin archer, ORB4 buzzed down, flying about the creature's head and zapping it with little bolts of electricity. They were not damaging, but they stung and annoyed the hobgoblin, who swatted at the familiar with the end of his bow.

Enseth followed, stomping toward the target. As he began to round the corner of the building, his sensors registered a large number of foes, and calculated a defensive strategy. He raised his shield and pressed forward more slowly, ready to receive any oncoming assault.

GM: Made sense for Enseth to Dodge. ORB4 gives Advantage to the first person to Attack the Archer.
 
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Location: Julkoun Lower Bailey; Encounter: Gorhag the Slaver & his Blood-White Banner


End Round Four; Begin Round Five


GM:
[sblock=Party (PCs)]
Name * (Space) * Perc * AC * HP * Hit Dice * Notes
Angis (CJ26) PP14* AC14 HP 30/31 THP0 HD 3/3
Dandin (CM19) PP14 AC14 HP 18/18 HD 3/3
Enseth (CJ27) PP14 AC20* HP 19/22 HD 1/3
Wolf-Titus (CL23) PP13/18 AC13 HP 11/11 THP 3/3
Tommi (CF33) PP14 AC14 HP 11/21 HD 3/3
[/sblock]
[sblock=Allies (NPCs)]
Averiel (CP23) PP15* AC14 HP 26/27 THP 3/3 HD 2/3
Morwin (CC31) PP15* AC12 HP 2/5
ORB4 (BZ39) PP13* AC11 HP 1/1 Help
Zasha (BO23) PP11 AC11 HP 3/3
Julkounians (Lots)
[/sblock]
[Sblock=Enemies (BGs)]
Immediate Threat[/i]
HobArcher2 (CA39)
Bannerman1 (CC41) C: Expeditious Retreat
Goblin4 (BY45)
GoblinBully2 (BU44)
Chasing Zasha
Hobgoblin2 (BO22)
Crossing Town
Hobgoblin3 (BS47)
GoblinBully3 (CC46)
Goblin5 (BY47)
Dead at Bridge
*GoblinBully1 (CM20) HP less 20 (Dead)
*Goblin1 (CP19) HP less 10 (Dead)
*Goblin2 (CN19) HP less 13+ (Dead)
*Goblin3 (CI24) HP less 12 (Dead)
*Hobgoblin1 (CC28) HP less 16 (Dead)
Left Near Tree
HobArcher1 (AT40)
Docks
Gohrag (CK58)
Goblin6 (CM63)
Goblin7 (CM67)
Hobgoblin4 (CO59)
HobArcher3 (CL60)
Bannerman2 (CM65)
Town Shrine
Hobgoblin5 (AB35)
Hobgoblin6 (AB41
GoblinBully4 (AE36)
Goblin8 (AH36)
Goblin9 (AI39)
[/sblock]



[sblock=Map]JLBailey5.jpg
[/sblock]
 

Advertisement

Top