• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

tglassy

Explorer
OOC: Thanks for the assist.


Titus mentally commands Morwin to fly above and keep an eye on the girl, then he sticks close to Dandin.

OOC: Stealth, if needed. [roll0]
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Tommi sees the mass of bodies in front of him, huddled humans being driven along, but towering above them at the back is an extra large hobgoblin. He continues moving his way towards the dock, as he loads his third stone into the sling.

"Come on. We see him now. We'll kill this lot, just like we killed that general of theirs!" Shorgg's blade sits awkwardly in his belt, ready to be drawn if needed.

As he moves, he slides to the left hoping for a clear shot at the large creature approaching. But he sees one of the goblins distracted by one of the humans it is herding forward. Tommi seizes the opportunity, swings his arm, and fires at it instead.

OOC: Gohrag is about 65' south, and since he needs 30' for effective range with sneak attack as well as an ally. So no dice there this round. I'm hoping instead that the human Joulkounian just SW of the goblin at CL 48 gives Sneak attack. Working on that....

Move south 10'
Attack: vs CL 48. [roll0]. If a hit, damage = [roll1] plus, I trust [roll2] sneak attack.
Move East 20' hoping to get a clean shot next round at any goblin near a human)
Bonus: Dodge.
(with reaction of 15' more if an enemy ends their turn near me).
Edit: Ugh. Another crummy roll!

Edit 2: Well, if I'm allowed a re-roll because of the new site, I'll take it. To hit: 22, damage = 19.
 
Last edited:

Fradak

Explorer
Activating his jackhammer, Enseth punches the Bannerman's face repeatedly. "Go to sleep. Go to sleep."

OOC: Action: Battlefist: 2D20.HIGH(1)+5 = [1, 13]+5 = 18
1D8+3 = [2]+3 = 5

Bonus Action: War Priest Battlefist: 1D20+5 = [18]+5 = 23
1D8+3 = [4]+3 = 7

Total: 12

19/22 HD:1/1d8 - 2/2d6
AC: 20 (22 Shield of Faith, 25 Shield, 27 both)
PP: 14
Arcane Ward: 2/6 HP
Speed. 40 ft.
=============

Spell slots:
1st: 2/4
2nd: 1/2

Concentration:
Active Spell:

War Priest: 1/2
Arcane Recovery: 1/1
=============
Setup
Darts: 20/20
Javelins: 3/5
Caltrops: 100/100
Health Potions: 0
Coins: 272 gp, 9 sp.
 
Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Angis Honack
Julkoun/Goblin barracks
10:05 PM
Round 7

Like Enseth, Angis kept at the hobgoblin bannerman, slashing with his axes int the hobgloblin.

[sblock=Angis’ Actions]
Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Attack Hobgoblin Banner
Handaxe Hunters mark: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15
2D6+2 = [1, 5]+2 = 8

Bonus Action: Attack Hobgoblin Banner
Handaxe Hunters mark: 1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20
2D6+2 = [4, 6]+2 = 12

Horde Breaker:
Reaction: Absorb Elements or Opportunity Attack
Handaxe Hunters mark: 1D20+4 = [17]+4 = 21
2D6+2 = [2, 3]+2 = 7

Conditions:
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark (Hobgoblin Banner)
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 21/31 HD: 3/3d10+2

Bolts: 14
Bolts used: 1
Handaxes: 9/12

Spells
1) 2/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
Stop at Julkoun and ask about Estor the priest for Hadesha, the priestess of Chauntea in Daggerford. DEAD
Find out the fate of the storyteller Findledan (Jester’s Pride tavern) for the dryad Oyfanen outside Julkoun.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
[/sblock]
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Angis & Enseth vs Bannerman1 & Archer1

In spite of the banner flapping in their faces, Angis & Enseth made short work of the hobgoblin bannerman. The shield guardian pummelled the brute down, while the dwarf lay into him with his axes. An arrow fired from a hobgoblin archer who was quite far to the west, brought Angis out of his bloodlust as it narrowly avoided his left ear. He glanced around to see Tommi alone as the most grizzled-looking hobgoblin he had ever seen worked his way through the crowd of prisoners.

GM: Be back tomorrow to do Tommi, Averiel, & Enemies! Hey, at least I can get this going again!
Damage Taken:
(BGs) Bannerman1 5 & 7 (Enseth's Battlefist), 8 & 12 (Angis' Axes) (DEAD);
(PCs) None;
(NPCs) None
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Tommi & Averiel vs Goblin4, Gohrag, Hobgoblin4 & HobArcher3

Tommi ran toward the Julkounian prisoners as they were herded toward the docks. He slung a stone which struck a goblin guard in the head and it dropped to the ground with a squeak. The big hobgoblin, who must be Gohrag the Slaver, pushed his way past the prison gang and growled at his cohorts. He pointed at Tommi, and a hobgoblin flung a javelin at Jynn's boy that struck him hard in the shoulder as he tried to dodge away.

Averiel came running up behind him and fired two arrows at that hobgoblin. One struck its leg, but the other bounced off of an armour plate, broken. The Slaver growled and pointed at the Elf, and another hobgoblin fired a longbow at her and struck her in the leg in retaliation.

Findledan

The crowd of Julkounian prisoners was hustled past by the two remaining guards, but as they rounded the corner and headed for the docks, a large white-haired man in the back suddenly whipped the chains that bound him over the head of the hobgoblin who was herding him. He stepped behind the hobgoblin and began to choke him, while whispering something in the hobogoblin's ear.

GM: Damage Taken:
(BGs) Goblin4 19 (Tommi's Stone) (Dead); Hobgoblin4 9 (Averiel's Arrow);
Hobgoblin3 Grappled & Taunted (Findledan)
(PCs) Tommi 7 (Hobgoblin4's Javelin);
(NPCs) Averiel 8 (HobArcher3's Arrow)
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Location: Julkoun Lower Bailey; Encounter: Gorhag the Slaver & his Blood-White Banner

End Round Seven; Begin Round Eight

GM:
Name * (Space) * Perc * AC * HP * Hit Dice * Notes
(PCs)
Angis (CG35) PP14* AC14 HP 21/31 THP0 HD 3/3
Dandin (CC30) PP14 AC14 HP 18/18 HD 3/3
Enseth (CE35) PP14 AC20* HP 19/22 THP2/6 HD 1/3
Wolf-Titus (CE30) PP13/18 AC13 HP 11/11 THP 3/3
Tommi (CO42) PP14 AC14 HP 1/21 HD 3/3
(NPCs)
Averiel (CP39) PP15* AC14 HP 21/27 THP 0/3 HD 4/8
Findledan (CJ50) PP15 AC11 HP 22/44 HD 8/8 Slots 0/4 0/2
Morwin (CD28) PP15* AC12 HP 2/5
ORB4 (CG33) PP13* AC11 HP 1/1 Help
Zasha (BY27) PP11 AC11 HP 3/3 Hiding
Julkounians (Lots)
Name * (Space) * HP Damage * Notes
(Immediate Threat)
HobArcher1 (BL37)
*Bannerman1 (CF34) HP less 59 (Dead)
Gohrag (CL47)
Hobgoblin4 (CM46) HP less 9
HobArcher3 (CH50)
(Escorting Prisoners)
Hobgoblin3 (CG47) Grappled, Taunted
*Goblin4 (CL48) HP less 19 (Dead)
Goblin5 (CM54)
(Still at the Docks)
Goblin6 (CM64)
Goblin7 (CM67)
Bannerman2 (CL60)
(Still at the Town Shrine)
GoblinBully3 (AT51)
Hobgoblin5 (AB35)
Hobgoblin6 (AB41
GoblinBully4 (AE36)
Goblin8 (AH36)
Goblin9 (AI39)
JLBailey8.jpg
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Tommi is congratulating himself when the goblin's spear pierces him in the shoulder, lodging itself deep and shattering his scapula. It's not his sling arm, he thinks, as blood pours out and down his leather shirt.

He has screamed, though he does not hear it himself. Tommi's knees buckle, and he staggers back.

He sees Sheren's face in his mind's eye, but it is just a flash. He wants to attack, but is not certain he will even stand. And so instead he reaches for a small red vial on the outside of his shoulder pack and drinks it.

Move: Northeast 30'
Action: drink healing potion (0 remaining). Heal 7 hp (2d4+2=7) == total 8 hp.
Bonus: Dodge.
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
Dandin heard the det cries of the bannerman as he rounded the corner. Angus and Enseth wete there and they looked, if not terribly wounded, a bit worn down from the fight. He looked down at the dead hobgoblin, remembering something.

Some of the Daggerfordian soldiers had been out training when their units oendant had been stolen by another squad. Their captain had been furious and volunteered the entire unit to latrine duty for a month. He'd made a killing on peppermint oil at the time.

Curious to see what would happen, he picked up the banner and waved it about to get the hobgoblin's attention.

"Hey, look what we've got!"

Move: CF33
Free Object Interaction
Action: Dodge?
 

Fradak

Explorer
"GOHRAG!" called the Shield Guardian.

Enseth's shoulder opened and 4 projectiles flew right on target.

"Bzzz! Boo-Wee!" buzzed the familiar.
"Mind your language, ORB4. Hiding would defeat my purpose."

HP: 13/22 HD:1/1d8 - 2/2d6
AC: 20 (22 Shield of Faith, 25 Shield, 27 both)
PP: 14
Arcane Ward: 2/6 HP
Speed. 40 ft.
=============
Spell slots:
1st: 3/4
2nd: 0/2
Concentration:
Active Spell:
War Priest:
1/2
Arcane Recovery: 0/1
=============
Setup
Darts: 20/20
Javelins: 3/5
Caltrops: 100/100
Health Potions: 0
Coins: 272 gp, 9 sp.
 
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Tommi, Dandin, & Enseth vs Gohrag, Bannerman2, & HobArcher3

Tommi limped away to lean on a small building and drink a potion, while he watched as the big Hobgoblin yelled and pointed at his friend Dandin, who had lifted the Blood-White Banner. A hobgoblin archer fired an arrow at the halfling, who ducked behind the corner of a building, waving the banner as a distraction.

Then Enseth marched forward and unleased a barrage of little missiles from his shoulder. The Slaver staggered back, but was still standing as the smoke cleared. He bellowed, and from between the buildings heading for the docks, where a goblin was still trying to herd the prisoners, another banner came fluttering as if on the wind.

At first, it appeared that the banner was an object on its own, but it fluttered unnaturally, as if it created its own wind. Then it unfurled in the middle of the battle, a hobgoblin holding it by a cross-bar, and the hobgoblin blew into the hollow crossbar and unleashed a hail of darts at Dandin and Angis. The halfling ducked behind the dwarf and his own banner and was spared, but the dwarf took two darts in his arms, which stung him badly.

Then the grizzled Hobgoblin strode forward and hefted a javelin, and threw it directly into Enseth's chest. With a crashing sound, the javelin pierced clean through the Shield Guardian and stuck out the other side.

GM: Damage Taken:
(BGs) Gohrag 15 (Enseth's missiles);
(PCs) Angis 5 & 4 (Bannerman2's Darts); Enseth 8 (Gohrag's Javelin Crit); Tommi +7 Healing (Potion);
(NPCs) None
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
The human, Tommi, was seriously wounded he'd moved up too much and made a target of himself. Now it was Averial's turn.

Moving forward, just enough to show her face in the torchlight, she smiled at the hobgoblin's leader before firing off a pair of arrows at him and then moving back into the darkness behind her once more.

Move to within 15' of nearest Hobgoblin, fire and then move+dash away.

Shortbow: 2#1d20+5 17 18 2#1d6+3 6 8
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Angis Honack
Julkoun/Goblin barracks
10:05 PM
Round 8

Angis glowered down at the banner-bearing hobgoblin and stomped the banner into the dirt. When an arrow whistled past his ear, he glowered at the archer.

“Tha’ big one,” Angis said, pointing with his axe. “‘e’s gotta be the leader.” Angis started stalking toward the big slaver when another banner-bearing hobgoblin appeared and fired a bunch of darts into the dwarven ranger. Angis grunted

“Two can play tha’ game,” Angis said, charging forward, moving his magical mark onto the hobgoblin, and throwing an axe and drawing another..

Save:
Move: Toward Gohrag
Free Object Interaction: Draw another axe
Action: Attack Gohrag
Handaxe Hunters mark: 1D20+4 = [6]+4 = 10
2D6+2 = [6, 3]+2 = 11

Bonus Action: Move Hunter’s Mark onto Gohrag
Horde Breaker:
Reaction: Absorb Elements or Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark (Gohrag)
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 12/31 HD: 3/3d10+2

Bolts: 14
Bolts used: 1
Handaxes: 8/12

Spells
1) 2/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.


Stop at Julkoun and ask about Estor the priest for Hadesha, the priestess of Chauntea in Daggerford. DEAD
Find out the fate of the storyteller Findledan (Jester’s Pride tavern) for the dryad Oyfanen outside Julkoun.

Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Wild-eyed, and white hair blowing in the evening breeze, Findelan drags the grappled hobgoblin to separate himself from the larger pack. He heads east, slowly, the hobgoblin a shield between him and the others. "Perhaps Gohrag won't even see," he thinks to himself.

He feels the stench of the creature whose arms he has pinned with the chain, and as he drags him away he uses his free hand to grab a sword.

"I've got you, you little pisser," he whispers into the creature's ear, and he wedges the short sword in his left hand through the folds of the creature's armor, and hears him whimper.

OOC: Move: 15' due West, dragging the grappled hobgoblin.
Attack: shortsword: 1d20+4=18. Damage = 1d6+2= 8. Woo hoo.
Bonus (to help maintain grapple), Taunt (use 2 of 2, none left). [don't know if you want me rolling the save for the hobgoblin or not, but here goes, since I think that was the second roll you posted last round). 1d20+1 vs DC 12 = 5.

Woo hoo-- until his next action, the hobgob will have disadv on attacks, saves, and ability checks).
 
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Angis & Averiel vs Gohrag, HobArcher1, & Hobgoblin4

As another arrow whizzed past him, Angis stomped toward the hobgoblin leader, coming up next to Enseth, who was sparking where the javelin was protruding. He threw an axe at the slaver, who knocked it aside with his own, much larger axe. The big hobgoblin was not so quick against Averiel's arrows: as she dashed past him, the elf put two into his heavy armour. Thunk! Thunk!

The slaver growled and pointed at the elf, and the hobgoblin beside him chased her while pulling his last javelin. The hobgoblin flung it at her as she fled, and it struck her in the back, nearly knocking her to the ground.

TitusWolf & Morwin vs Bannerman2

Titus-the-wolf rushed past the others and leapt into the air, landing hard on the second bannerman who staggered back but kept his feet. Titus' familiar flew in, distracting the hobgoblin as the wolf bit the bannerman's arm, savagely tearing at its flesh.

GM: Damage Taken:
(BGs) Gohrag 6 & 8 (Averiel's Arrows); Bannerman2 13 (Wolf Bite);
(PCs) None; (NPCs) Averiel 10 (HG4's Javelin)
 
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Findledan vs Hobgoblin3

Findledan was chained to the other prisoners and the group was being driven away. Still, the big storyteller dragged the hobgoblin into a corner of a nearby building and slid the brute's shortsword out of its sheath and thrust it into the hobgoblin's abdomen. The hobgoblin wheezed, but he put up a fierce fight and the big storyteller was hard pressed to keep him held. The nearest Julkounian to him was dragged along with him and tried to help, pulling at the chain and kicking at the hobgoblin, to little avail.

At the front of the line, the goblin was trying to bring them along, but the group had stopped. He was kicking the poor woman at the front and trying to get her to move forward, but even if she wanted to do as she was told, she couldn't. The goblin called down the docks for help, but only one goblin began to work his way forward, as the other one was still trying to secure the uncooperative prisoners aboard one of the boats.

The Town Shrine

Across town, a goblin who had been sent by the Slaver, yelled to the remaining guards. They began to drive the remaining prisoners from the Town Shrine at double-time. They were serious now, and threatening death, so the scared remaining group moved as quickly as they could across the town while being whipped and shoved.

These shouts were loud enough that the Doughty Daggerfordians could hear, even through the distraction of battle, that more prisoners (and their guards) were on their way toward them.

GM: Damage Taken:
(BGs) HG3 8 (Findledan's stolen sword);
(PCs) None; (NPCs) None
Hobgoblin3 Escape (Athletics) vs Findledan's Grapple (even with the taunt!)
Escape: 2D20.LOW(1)+2 = [19, 18]+2 = 20
Findledan will need to make a dc20 Athletics check or be thrown off. He has both advantage (from being helped) and disadvantage (from being dragged by the chain) so it evens out.
[/spolier]
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
GM: Location: Julkoun Lower Bailey; Encounter: Gorhag the Slaver & his Blood-White Banner
JLBailey9.jpg

Locations:
(BGs) Gohrag (CJ42), BM2 (CL39), HA1 (BR36), HA3 (CH46), HG3 (CG49), HG4 (CP41);
(PCs) Angis (CI40), Dandin (CF33), Enseth (CH39), Titus (CL38), Tommi (CU36);
(NPCs) Averiel (CK32), Findledan (CJ50), Morwin (CD28), ORB4 (CG39), Zasha (BY27);
Julkounians (Lots)
(Off Map - Docks) G5 (CM56); G6 (CM59), G7 (CL69)
(Off Map - Shrine) G8 (AM34), G9 (AN38), GB3 (AK41), GB4 (AJ34), HG5 (AH36), HG6 (AN35)
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * (Notes)
(PCs)
Angis AC14 HP 12/31 THP0 HD 3/3 PP14*
Dandin AC14 HP 18/18 HD 3/3 PP14
Enseth AC20* HP 13/22 THP0/6 HD 1/3 PP14
Wolf-Titus AC13 HP 11/11 THP 3/3 PP13/18
Tommi AC14 HP 8/21 HD 3/3 PP14
(NPCs)
Averiel AC14 HP 11/27 THP 0/3 HD 4/8 PP15*
Findledan AC11 HP 22/44 HD 2/8 PP15 (Slots 0/4 0/2)
Morwin AC12 HP 2/5 PP15*
ORB4 AC11 HP 1/1 PP13* (Helping)
Zasha AC11 HP 3/3 PP11 (Hiding)
Name * Damage Taken * (Notes)
(Immediate Threat)
Gohrag 14, Bannerman2 13, HobArcher1 0, HobArcher3 0, Hobgoblin3 8, Hobgoblin4 9
(Docks Goblins)
Goblin5 0, Goblin6 0, Goblin7 0
(Town Shrine Group)
Goblin8 0, Goblin9 0, GoblinBully3 0, GoblinBully4 0, Hobgoblin5 0, Hobgoblin6 0
End Round Eight; Begin Round Nine
 
Last edited:

gargoyleking

Explorer
HAH! You missed me! Gorak, is it? You don't mind if I keep this, right? Might be handy for holding up a scarecrow!

The halfling cackles as he dances back the way he came, waving the banner about for emphasis and disappearing behind the house.

Viscious Mockery DC 13 Wis or take Viscious Mockery: 1d4 3 psychic damage and suffer Disadvantage on their first attack roll before the start of my next turn.

Move to CD30. Behind the corner of the house to take as much cover as-is possible.
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Tommi feels the healing energies of the potion. His legs no longer wobble, and so he throws his hand into his pocket to draw forth three more stones. He blows into his closed fist, his personal ritual for good luck, and pushes himself away from the wall he finds he's leaning against.

Nearest threat.

The bannerman attacking Titus.

He lunges himself towards it, loading the stone as he moves. An underhanded spin of the sling, and it's released, coursing through the air at the enemy...

...and past him.

OOC: Bonus: cast magic Stone.
Move: 30' to CO 34.
Attack: 1d20+5. If a hit, damage =3d6+3.
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Findledan feels the blade slide into the hobgoblin, and when he draws it out, it is sheathed in the creatures blood.

Red, like his own. That might change when he tells this story later.

The hobgoblin struggles, and Findelan loses his one-handed grip, however.
OOC: Findelan's Athletics check: 1d20+4=12. Breaks grapple.



He continues to try to drag the creature away from sees the Gohrag (he had heard it as a title, but he realizes that it might be a name -- he's not sure. the hobgoblin he's attacking, though -- he won't have a name or title in this story) continue onwards. That's good. Divide and conquer.

He thrusts the blade again into the creature. The hobgoblin struggles against his captor, and the blade slides cleanly until it hits bone.

Findledan looks at the creature -- where are the keys to these manacles?

OOC: Move 15' if possible. None.
Attack: 1d20+4= 18, which (if a hit) damage 1d6+2=7 piercing.


Can he make a perception check among the captors for a way of breaking them, without using an action? If so, then perception = (passive) 15 or (active) 1d20+5=9.


edits in bold
 
Last edited:

Advertisement

Top