• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Angis Honack
Julkoun/Goblin barracks
10:05 PM
Round 9

OOC: I believe Angis can make it to Gohrag this round and still attack? If not, then make them throws and he’ll draw more axes as needed.


Angis gave a dwarven battle cry. “T'dr'duzk b'hazg t't!”* He rushed up to Gohrag and slashed at the hobgoblin with his axes.

*"It’s the most menacing dwarf battle cry there is! Once it’s been shouted someone has to be killed!”
“What’s it mean?”
“Today Is A Good Day For Someone Else To Die!" -- Carrot and Angua (Terry Pratchett, in Feet of Clay.)

Save:
Move: Toward Gohrag
Free Object Interaction: Draw another axe?
Action: Attack Gohrag
Handaxe Hunters mark: 1D20+4 = [14]+4 = 18
2D6+2 = [6, 3]+2 = 11

Bonus Action: Attack Gohrag
Handaxe Hunters mark: 1D20+4 = [1]+4 = 5
2D6+2 = [2, 2]+2 = 6

Horde Breaker:
Reaction: Absorb Elements or Opportunity Attack
Handaxe Hunters mark: 1D20+4 = [9]+4 = 13
2D6+2 = [1, 1]+2 = 4

Conditions:
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark (Gohrag)
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 12/31 HD: 3/3d10+2

Bolts: 14
Bolts used: 1
Handaxes: 8/12

Spells
1) 2/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.


Stop at Julkoun and ask about Estor the priest for Hadesha, the priestess of Chauntea in Daggerford. DEAD
Find out the fate of the storyteller Findledan (Jester’s Pride tavern) for the dryad Oyfanen outside Julkoun.

Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Titus & Tommi vs Bannerman2

While Morwin the tressym flew into the bannerman's face, Titus the wolf tore at the bannerman's arm with his teeth, trying to pull the creature down. The bannerman swung his banner around, scratching the wolf with a sharp blade hidden within. Switching his grip, the bannerman chopped with the cross-bar, and Morwin was puncture through. The familiar disappeared in a puff of fur and feathers.

Tommi came forward and slung a stone at the bannerman, who glanced over his shoulder as the stone hurled past. Then, in a flurry of fabric, the bannerman disappeared and appeared behind Tommi. Jynn's boy ducked just in time as the banner's sharp blade swung over his head.

Findledan vs Hobgoblin3

Having thrown Findledan off, the hobgoblin pulled a javelin off of the rack on his back. The storyteller had taken his sword, so he was forced to use the throwing weapon as a spear, lunging at the big human and piercing his thigh. Findledan was determined to be free and he ignored the sharp pain in his thigh as he lunged at the hobgoblin - and he ran the brute through.

Before the hobgoblin's body was fully on the ground, Findledan was on it, rummaging through its things for the heavy iron key that belonged to the manacles. There it was!

GM: Damage Taken:
(BGs) Bannerman2 6 (Wolf Bite); Hobgoblin3 7 (Findledan's Sword, Dead)
(PCs) Titus 5 & 5 (Banner);
(NPCs) Findledan 5 (HG3's Spear); Morwin 4 (Banner, "Dead")
Titus & Morwin (Helping) vs BM2 (& BM2's Save)
Wolf: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [19, 7]+4 = 23
2D4+2 = [2, 2]+2 = 6; Save: 1D20+1 = [16]+1 = 17

BM2 4 attacks vs Titus, Titus, Morwin & Tommi
Banner: 1D20+5+1D4 = [11]+5+[3] = 19; 1D4+3 = [2]+3 = 5
1D20+5+1D4 = [10]+5+[1] = 16; 1D4+3 = [2]+3 = 5
1D20+5+1D4 = [12]+5+[1] = 18; 1D4+3 = [1]+3 = 4
1D20+5+1D4 = [1]+5+[3] = 9; 1D4+3 = [2]+3 = 5

HG3 vs Findledan
Javelin: 1D20+3 = [10]+3 = 13
1D6+1 = [4]+1 = 5

Oh, I forgot disadvantage from Findledan's taunt.
Of course, I also forgot Gohrag's leadership d4 (works like a "bless"). Still got him.
Javelin: 1D20+3+1D4 = [13]+3+[1] = 17
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
Averial was about to split her shots between the bannerman and the leader, but then the bannerman seemed to teleport and attacked Tommi. So she focussed her fure to try and finish him off while he was distracted. Unfortunately, the sudden change threw her aim off and both arrows likely missed.

Concerned with her own wounds, the elf moved to the side of the building and attempted to hide from at least some of the enemies behind the corner of the fireplace.

Shortbow: 2#1d20+5 14 12 2#2d6+3 13 6

Stealth: 1d20+5 17 1d8 3(Ignore the D8, Orokos added it even though I didn't.)
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Dandin, Angis, & Enseth vs Gohrag, Archers1 & 3, and Hobgoblin4

Dandin taunted the slaver and ran off behind the building, waving the banner. Gohrag roared as Angis ran up and bashed him with a handaxe. The big hobgoblin pointed toward the little halfing, and his bodyguard ran off, chasing the halfling. The slaver swung his axe in frustration, smashing it into the ground next to Angis as the dwarf side-stepped. But the big hobgoblin was quick, and he got his frustration under control. He raised his axe again and hooked it on the dwarf's shoulder. He hauled Angis around and called to his Archer who shot the dwarf in the back. Angis fell to his knees.

Enseth hauled the javelin out of his torso and threw it back, striking the big hobgoblin in the shoulder. The slaver staggered back, releasing his hold on Angis, who fell onto his back. Gohrag called out and another Archer shot at Enseth, and the arrow went right into the hole in the shield guardian's plating.

Averiel vs Bannerman2

Averiel fired two arrows at the bannerman attacking Tommi, but the banner spun around and the arrows were lost amongst the swirling fabric. The elf scout ran off and disappeared into the shadow of a building.

GM: Damage Taken:
(BGs) Gohrag 3 (Dandin's Taunt), 11 (Angis' Axe) & 9 (Enseth's Javelin);
(PCs) Angis 11 (Gohrag's Axe) & 8 (HA3's Arrow) (Dying!); Enseth 5 (HA1's Arrow);
(NPCs) None
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
GM: Encounter: Doughty Daggerfordians vs Gorhag the Slaver & his Blood-White Banner in Julkoun
JLBailey10.jpg

Locations:
(BGs) Gohrag (CJ42); BM2 (CQ38); HA1 (BU36); HA3 (CB41); HG3 (CG49); HG4 (CG31);
(PCs) Angis (CJ41); Dandin (CD30); Enseth (CH39); WolfTitus (CL38); Tommi (CP38);
(NPCs) Averiel(CU30); Findledan (CJ50); Morwin (CD28); ORB4 (CG43); Zasha (BY27);
Julkounians (Lots);
(Docks) G5 (CL52); (Off Map - Docks) G6 (CM57); G7 (CL58);
(Off Map - Crossing Town) G8(AT34); G9(AO38); GB3(AT39); GB4(AQ34); HG5(AO36); HG6(AU35)
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * (Notes)
(PCs)
Angis AC14 HP 0/31 THP0 HD 3/3 PP14* (Dying!)
Dandin AC14 HP 18/18 HD 3/3 PP14
Enseth AC20* HP 8/22 THP0/6 HD 1/3 PP14
Wolf-Titus AC13 HP 4/11 THP 0/3 PP13/18
Tommi AC14 HP 8/21 HD 3/3 PP14
(NPCs)
Averiel AC14 HP 11/27 THP 0/3 HD 4/8 PP15* (Hidden)
Findledan AC11 HP 17/44 HD 2/8 PP15 (Slots 0/4 0/2)
Morwin AC12 HP 0/5 PP15 (Dead)
ORB4 AC11 HP 1/1 PP13* (Helping)
Zasha AC11 HP 3/3 PP11 (Hiding)
Name * Damage Taken * (Notes)
(Immediate Threat)
Gohrag 37, Bannerman2 13, HobArcher1 0, HobArcher3 0, Hobgoblin3 16 (Dead), Hobgoblin4 9
(Docks Goblins)
Goblin5 0, Goblin6 0, Goblin7 0
(Town Shrine Group)
Goblin8 0, Goblin9 0, GoblinBully3 0, GoblinBully4 0, Hobgoblin5 0, Hobgoblin6 0
End Round Nine; Begin Round Ten
 

Fradak

Explorer
Enseth activates his defensive mode and, from behind his shield, shoots Angis with a quick fix dart. Then he sends ORB4 to help anyone targeting Gohrag.
OOC: Last round Reaction : Shield (HP: 13, Ward: 2)
Action: Dodge
Bonus Action: Healing Word: 1D4+2 = [2]+2 = 4 on Angis
ORB4: Help then FLyby behind Enseth

HP: 13/22 HD:1/1d8 - 2/2d6
AC: 20 (22 Shield of Faith, 25 Shield, 27 both)
PP: 14
Arcane Ward: 2/6 HP
Speed. 40 ft.
=============
Spell slots:
1st: 1/4
2nd: 0/2
Concentration:
Active Spell:
War Priest:
1/2
Arcane Recovery: 0/1
=============
Setup
Darts: 20/20
Javelins: 3/5
Caltrops: 100/100
Health Potions: 0
Coins: 272 gp, 9 sp.
 
Last edited:

gargoyleking

Explorer
Dandin grinned to himself as he feint seems to have worked. He drops the banner uncerimoniously on the ground as he listens to the angry shouts coming around the other side of the building and spots the one already injured hobgoblin come up around the corner. As the greenskin eyes him and looks for their missing banner, Dandin draws his rapier and lunges. It was a good shot, but the blade scraped off of the creature's armor.

"Crud! A little help here?

Averial, watching this encounter, smiles to herself. Dandin was a rather sly one, she thought, though his plans didn't always pan out the way he seemed to envision them. Still, this gave her an opening and she loosed a pair of arrows.

Rapier: 1d20+4 12 1d8+2 10

Dandin ApplesBane

Shortbow: 2#1d20+5 21 16 2#2d6+3 8 12
If the first arrow downs the hobgoblin, the second would be aimed at Gorag. So as to not waste her sneak attacks. If possible.
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Tommi, having slipped away from the Bannerman that had appeared suddenly beside him, takes a few steps and sees Angis in hand-to-hand combat with Ghorag.

Tommi lobs a stone towards the hulking leader, and continues onward, remaining on the balls of his feet.

OOC: Starting position 15' to the south of Bannerman 2 (CP41).

Move 30' to CO 45
Attack Ghorag: roll 1d20+5=17; damage if a hit with sneak attack = 3d6+3=18 bludgeoning. (1 stone left)
Bonus action: dodge.

(reaction, if anyone ends turn w/in 5', is to move 15' away to safety).
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Findelan uses the iron key to undo as many Julkounians as he can.

OOC: If he can do two of them first, he'll do that. It wasn't clear form your ooc message if it's three total (in which case they'd all be his fllow prisoners, keeping the chains on himself), 2+himself, or two (others) total, but whatever it is, that's what he'll do (in order of preference).
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Dandin & Averiel vs Hobgoblin4

Dandin lunged for the hobgoblin who was chasing him, but the brute was so well armoured that his blade slid across with a high-pitched scraping sound. The hobgoblin raised a big sword, and Dandin thought for a moment that this might be his last. Then the Hobgoblin fell forward and Dandin hopped out of the way. An arrow stuck up from the hobgoblin's back, fired by Averiel, wherever she was, off in the shadows.

Enseth, Titus, & Tommi vs Gohrag, Bannerman2, & the Archers

Having downed Angis, the big hobgoblin stepped over the fallen dwarf and began to move toward Enseth, The shield guardian activated his defences and his large shield snapped up, ready to block. Then Titus the wolf leapt on the hobgoblin's back, but he couldn't find a good spot to bite, and the big hobgoblin barely moved from the weight of the wolf.

As Titus hopped back down to the ground, the annoyed hobgoblin swung his axe at the wolf half-heartedly, and Titus jumped away, narrowly avoiding a mighty blow. The slaver turned on Enseth and brought his axe down hard as the shield came up. A mighty clang rang out across the bailey.

Tommi was ducking and weaving away from the bannerman, and Gohrag, who was a very organised leader, turned to instruct his underling on how best to dispatch the fleet-footed youth. Just at the moment the slaver turned, Tommi unleashed a very fast and lucky stone from his sling that struck the big Hobgoblin on the bridge of his turned-up nose. The hobgoblin's head snapped back, and he fell to the ground.

The bannerman cried out in rage and he rushed to his leader's side. He struck furiously with the banner's hidden blade at Enseth, but there was no getting through the shield guardian's defences. The bannerman turned on the nearby wolf, and slashed through its fur. The magic that had turned Titus into a wolf faltered, and as he reformed into a man, the bannerman slashed a gash across the nobleman's face.

The two archers moved together into the open. One of them took his revenge on Tommi with an arrow that grazed the lad's arm. The other tried his luck shooting Enseth, but to no avail.

GM: Damage Taken:
(BGs) Gohrag 18 (Tommi's lucky stone) (Dying);
(PCs) Tituswolf 4 (Banner, "dead"); Titus 7 (Banner); Tommi 5;
(NPCs) None
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Angis Honack
Julkoun/Goblin barracks
10:06 PM
Round 10

Angis felt the world go dark again. Then suddenly he gasped for breath and came back to consciousness on his back. Bloody hell! But Gohrag the hobgoblin leader was down, at least.

Angis picked himself up and snatched one of his fallen axes into his hand. He murmured his magic again and marked the bannerhobgoblin. Then he swung his axe.

Save:
Move: Toward Banner
Free Object Interaction: Pick up axe
Action: Attack Banner
Handaxe Hunters mark: 1D20+4 = [8]+4 = 12
2D6+2 = [3, 4]+2 = 9

Bonus Action: Cast Hunter’s Mark
Horde Breaker: If there’s another enemy within 5’ of the Banner
Handaxe Hunters mark: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15
2D6+2 = [2, 3]+2 = 7

Reaction: Absorb Elements or Opportunity Attack
Handaxe Hunters mark: 1D20+4 = [3]+4 = 7
2D6+2 = [2, 5]+2 = 9

Conditions:
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark (Banner)
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 4/31 HD: 3/3d10+2

Bolts: 14
Bolts used: 1
Handaxes: 7/12

Spells
1) 2/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.



Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Angis & Zasha

Angis woke lying on his back. The axe-wound still stung, but he found the pain had dulled. A little dart stuck out of his cheek, that had fired from Enseth and he found that his whole jaw was numb. He grabbed a hand axe that was lying on the ground next to him and rolled to his feet, joining the scrum with Enseth and Titus against the bannerman, who blocked his first tentative axe-hack with the end of the banner.

Zasha peeked out from the illusion of a crate from in the shadows of the lane. She waved at Dandin, wondering if it was safe to run for the bridge.

Findledan vs Goblin5

Findledan had just finished unlocking his wrists (holding his shortsword under his arm) when the whole chain-gang lurched forward. A woman screamed. She was being pulled by a goblin in front and a man in the middle was being pushed by a goblin. From behind the crowd stepped another goblin, who had noticed that he was getting free. The goblin lunged forward with a fiendish knife and slashed a gash in the big storyteller's arm.

GM: Damage Taken:
(BGs) None; (PCs) None;
(NPCs) Findledan 4 (Goblin5's Knife)
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
GM: Encounter: Doughty Daggerfordians vs Gorhag the Slaver & his Blood-White Banner in Julkoun
JLBailey11.jpg

Locations:
(BGs) Gohrag (CI39); BM2 (CH38); G5 (CJ51); HA1 (BX42); HA3 (BZ44); HG4 (CG30);
(PCs) Angis (CJ41); Dandin (CF30); Enseth (CH39); Titus (CI38); Tommi (CO45);
(NPCs) Averiel(CU30); Findledan (CI51); Morwin (CD28); ORB4 (CJ39); Zasha (BZ27);
Julkounians (Lots);
(BGs Crossing Town) G8(BD35); G9(AY39); GB3(BD40); GB4(BA35); HG5(AY37); HG6(BE36);
(Off Map - Docks) G6 (CM53); G7 (CM59)
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Angis AC14 HP 4/31 THP0 HD 3/3 PP14* SS 1/3 (C: Mark)
Dandin AC14 HP 18/18 HD 3/3 PP14 SS 2/4 1/2 Insp 1/3
Enseth AC20* HP 8/22 THP 0/6 HD 1/3 PP14 SS 0/4 0/2
Titus AC18* HP 10/27 HD 2/3 PP11 SS ?/1
Tommi AC14 HP 3/21 HD 3/3 PP14
(NPCs)
Averiel AC14 HP 11/27 THP 0/3 HD 4/8 PP15* (Hidden)
Findledan AC11 HP 17/44 HD 2/8 PP15 SS 0/4 0/2
Morwin AC12 HP 0/5 PP15 (Dead)
ORB4 AC11 HP 1/1 PP13* (Helping)
Zasha AC11 HP 3/3 PP11 (Hiding)
Name * Damage Taken * (Notes)
(Immediate Threat)
Gohrag 55 (Dying), Bannerman2 13, HobArcher1 0, HobArcher3 0, Hobgoblin4 9
(Docks Goblins now Coming Up)
Goblin5 0, Goblin6 0, Goblin7 0
(Town Shrine Group now Crossing Town)
Goblin8 0, Goblin9 0, GoblinBully3 0, GoblinBully4 0, Hobgoblin5 0, Hobgoblin6 0
End Round Ten; Begin Round Eleven
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Elated to see his stone fell the huge creature Ghorag, Tommi whirls around looking for a foe. There's a group of Julkounians by a building to the south of Tommi, so he dashes forward, lobs a stone, and then starts heading towards his companions, as he fishes out three more stones.

OOC:
Move 25' East (to CJ 45)
Attack G5: 1d20+5=19. If a hit, damage = 3d6+3=9 bludgeoning.
Continue move: 5' north (to CJ 44).
Bonus: Cast Magic Stone.
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Findledan coughs when the goblin's dirk dives deep into his midriff. Though he is older, he is grateful tat the creature did not stab him a few inches lower.

A rock sails through, and Findledan thinks it is a momentary distraction for the goblin [who drops to the ground in a pool of blood?]. He ignores his wound, and continues to free his companions.
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
Dandin shrinks in a bit as the Hobgoblin raises his weapon to strike. Then gasps when instead it falls over with an arrow in it's back. He looks at it for a second and then shrugs and looks around. The area looked mostly clear now.

"Zasha now! Averial! Little girl making a run for it! Give her some cover please!"

Except for that second bannerman, who was giving the others trouble. He wondered if it was the way they fought, or maybe something special about their banners. In either case though, he stepped forward and taunted it in his usual way.

"Hey ugly! Your buddy's banner's laying in the dirt. Maybe you should drop yours too!"

Viscious Mockery DC 13 or Viscious Mockery: 1d4 1 damage and DA on his first attack this round.

Averial will move(and dash if needs be) towards Zasha and watch for anyone even looking the wrong way at Zasha and shoot them.

Shortbow: 2#1d20+5 22 25 2#1d6+3 5 4
2nd shot Crit: 1d6 5
 

Advertisement

Top