5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Angis Honack
Julkoun/Goblin barracks
10:06 PM
Round 11

Angis swept down and picked up his second axe, twirling both in his hands as he blocked the bannerman. Then ORB4 swept in, and Angis watched for his openings, his axes slashing at the hobgoblin.

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction: Pick up axe second axe
Action: Attack Banner - Advantage from ORB4
Handaxe Hunters mark: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [2, 17]+4 = 21
2D6+2 = [2, 1]+2 = 5

Bonus Action: Attack Banner - Advantage from ORB4
Handaxe Hunters mark: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [1, 19]+4 = 23
2D6+2 = [2, 1]+2 = 5

Horde Breaker:
Reaction: Absorb Elements or Opportunity Attack
Handaxe Hunters mark: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15
2D6+2 = [1, 2]+2 = 5

Conditions:
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark (Banner)
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 4/31 HD: 3/3d10+2

Bolts: 14
Bolts used: 1
Handaxes: 7/12

Spells
1) 2/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.



Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Dandin, Titus, Angis, & ORB4 vs Bannerman2

Dandin taunted the bannerman and the frustrated hobgoblin lashed out at all around him even as Enseth stomped away. Titus and Angis circled around him and they defended themselves as the banner swung around, but the cross-bar caught ORB4 and the little construct crashed to the ground.

Titus and Angis found their moment then, and they lunged on the bannerman, slashing with sword and hacking with axe, and the hobgoblin fell in a bloody heap, the banner fluttering to the ground beside him.

Averiel & Zasha

Dandin gave Zasha the signal and the girl ran for the bridge as fast as her legs could carry her. Averiel ran with her to make sure that she was safe, and when the girl's feet safely hit the bridge (the fire had gone out in the rain), Averiel returned to meet up with Dandin on the road that faced the battle.

GM: Damage Taken:
(BGs) BM2 1 Psi (Dandin's Taunt) & 13 (Titus' Sword) & 5 & 5 (Angis' Axes) (DEAD)
(PCs) None; (NPCs) ORB4 4 (Smashed)
 
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Enseth vs Archers

Enseth stomped towards the archers and they retreated, firing their bows at him. Neither stood a chance against his superior defences and Enseth easily blocked both arrows and caught up to one of the archers before she could flee very far. She threw down her bow and drew a hand-axe, ready to defend herself from the big shield guardian. The other archer took cover behind the corner of a building as a large group of Julkounians came up, being force-marched across the town square at as high a speed as they could manage while chained together.

Tommi & Findledan vs Goblins5 & 6

Tommi's stone cracked the head of the goblin who had stabbed Findledan's leg, and it fell to the ground. Findledan unlocked the chains from the closest two Julkounians (a husband and wife) and the man reached down to pick up the goblin's dirk. The chain-gang was dragged forward, and one of the goblins saw the trouble at the end of the line and came at the Julkounian man with a knife of his own, but Findledan stepped in the way, shouldering the goblin to rescue the man.

GM: Damage Taken:
(BGs) Goblin5 9 (Tommi's Stone) (Dead);
(PCs) None; (NPCs) None
Archer1 vs Enseth
Bow: 1D20+3 = [3]+3 = 6; 1D8+1 = [5]+1 = 6
Archer3 vs Enseth (Not even close, and I forgot to roll disadvantage for them!)
Bow: 1D20+4 = [4]+4 = 8; 1D8+2 = [7]+2 = 9
Goblin6 vs Findledan (Crappy goblin rolls this turn!)
Dagger: 1D20+4 = [4]+4 = 8; 1D4+2 = [4]+2 = 6
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
GM: Encounter: Doughty Daggerfordians vs Gorhag the Slaver & his Blood-White Banner in Julkoun
JLBailey12.jpg

Locations:
(BGs) G6 (CL52); G8(BL41); G9(BG45); GB3(BN45); GB4(BI41); HA1 (BU36); HA3 (BZ44); HG5(BG43); HG6(BM42);
(PCs) Angis (CH39); Dandin (CJ30); Enseth (BZ43); Titus (CI38); Tommi (CJ45);
(NPCs) Averiel(CK30); Findledan (CJ51); Morwin (xx); ORB4 (xx); Julkounians (Lots);
(BGs - Dead) Gohrag (CI39); BM2 (CH38); G5 (CJ51); HG4 (CG30);
(Off Map) (Bridge) Zasha (CL22); (Docks) G7 (CM59); Even More Julkounians (Boats)
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Angis AC14 HP 4/31 THP0 HD 3/3 PP14* SS 1/3 (C: Mark)
Dandin AC14 HP 18/18 HD 3/3 PP14 SS 2/4 1/2 Insp 1/3
Enseth AC20* HP 8/22 THP 0/6 HD 1/3 PP14 SS 0/4 0/2
Titus AC18* HP 10/27 HD 2/3 PP11 SS ?/1
Tommi AC14 HP 3/21 HD 3/3 PP14
(NPCs)
Averiel AC14 HP 11/27 THP 0/3 HD 4/8 PP15* (Hidden)
Findledan AC11 HP 17/44 HD 2/8 PP15 SS 0/4 0/2
Morwin AC12 HP 0/5 PP15* (Dead)
ORB4 AC11 HP 0/1 PP13* (Dead)
Zasha AC11 HP 3/3 PP11 (Running)
Name * Damage Taken * (Notes)
(Immediate Threat)
Gohrag 55 (Dying), Bannerman2 37 (Dead), HobArcher1 0, HobArcher3 0
(Docks Goblins now Fighting)
Goblin5 9 (Dead), Goblin6 0
(Town Shrine Group now on Scene)
Goblin8 0, Goblin9 0, GoblinBully3 0, GoblinBully4 0, Hobgoblin5 0, Hobgoblin6 0
(Alone on the Docks)
Goblin7 0
End Round Eleven; Begin Round Twelve
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
Dandin smiles as he watches Zasha make a run for it. He didn't see anyone who could really threaten her right now. But there was a lot yet to do. Turning he ran up to Angus and Titus. He could see the haggard look on Angus's face and smiled encouragingly at the dwarf.

"Cheer up Angus! We've basically got them on the run! Say, is that the leader? Maybe if we stick his head on that banner pole..."

Move+Dash 50' towards Angus/Titus, following this up with a healing word.
Healing Word: 1d4+3 4
Why is it that every time I use this spell I roll a 1? Yeesh!
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
FIndelan sees the lone goblin left pulling at the remaining chained prisoners.

"Enough," he says, finishing unbinding another prisoner. He stands to his full height, short sword in one hand, key in the other.
He drags himself forward 5 feet, pulling the chains he wears with him, and swings down upon the goblin

OOC: Bonus -- unbuckle another?
Move: 5' east
Attack G6 at CL52. Roll 1d20+4=21. If a hit damage = 1d6+2=7.
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Tommi heads east, weaving as he goes with elklike grace. He lobs a stone with a quick overhand throw at the archer positioned next to Enseth.

OOC: Bonus: Dodge.
Move: 30' west (to CD45)
Attack HA3 at BZ44. 1d20+5=15. If a hit, damage = 3d6+3=13 (sneak attack; 2 stones left).
Reaction: 15' move if enemy ends turn next to me.
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
Averial keeps track of the girl, making sure to watch out and make sure that nothing comes into threat range until she is well out of the way. Then (if nothing pops up), she moves south until she can find a likely target and fires off a couple more arrows.

Can we just use the rolls from last turn? I'm kind of busy atm.
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Angis Honack
Julkoun/Docks
10:06 PM
Round 12

Dandin rushed up to Angis with some healing. “Thank’ee,” the dwarf told him. “Aye, put it on the pike if ye like.”

With the bannerhob dead, Angis surveyed the scene. He saw Enseth taking one of the archers, the other slinking away to the nearby building. Angis marked the archer and dropped his axes so he could pull out his crossbow, taking aim at the archer., but the bolt pinged off the stonework.

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction: Drop axes
Action: Attack Archer BU36
Heavy Crossbow Hunters Mark: 1D20+3 = [6]+3 = 9
1D10+1D6+1 = [4]+[5]+1 = 10

Bonus Action: Move Hunter’s Mark to Archer
Horde Breaker:
Reaction: Absorb Elements or Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark (Archer BU36)
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 8/31 HD: 3/3d10+2

Bolts: 13
Bolts used: 2
Handaxes: 7/12

Spells
1) 2/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.


Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
 

Fradak

Explorer
Enseth distracts the archer with brief but rapid flashes of his headlamp while ORB4 stuns the other one with his taser.

OOC: help action for Angis (BU36 )and Tommi (BZ44).

HP: 13/22 HD:1/1d8 - 2/2d6
AC: 20 (22 Shield of Faith, 25 Shield, 27 both)
PP: 14
Arcane Ward: 2/6 HP
Speed. 40 ft.
=============
Spell slots:
1st: 0/4
2nd: 0/2
Concentration:
Active Spell:
War Priest:
1/2
Arcane Recovery: 0/1
=============
Setup
Darts: 20/20
Javelins: 3/5
Caltrops: 100/100
Health Potions: 0
Coins: 272 gp, 9 sp.
 
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Dandin, Averiel, and Angis vs Archer1

Dandin ran over and encouraged Angis, who loaded and fired a crossbow at the hobgoblin archer who was hiding behind the edge of a building. His quarrel skipped off of the building's cornerstone, and the archer returned fire, grazing the dwarf's forearm. Finally, Averiel returned from having seen Zasha over the bridge, and she put two arrows into the hobgoblin's chest, putting an end to it.

GM: Sorry I didn't get it done, I've got more to do today than I thought... almost there though.
Damage Taken:
(BGs) HArcher1 5 & 9 (Averiel's Arrows, Dead);
(PCs) Angis 4 Healing (Dandin's Word) & 5 (HArcher1's Arrow);
(NPCs) None
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Enseth, Tommi, & Titus vs HArcher3 & GoblinBully3

Enseth shone his light at the hobgoblin archer (who now held a hand axe). It was a distraction, but it failed to stop the hobgoblin from ducking as Tommi flung a stone at her. Titus, who had come up beside Tommi, focused energy through his sword and fired it at her as well. He had only just begun to realise his newfound abilities, and the energy swerved over the hobgoblin's shoulder.

The hobgoblin hacked away with her axe at Enseth, but nothing would get through his outer plating. The final group of Julkounian prisoners drew closer, and even in the growing gloom of the evening, the goblin and hobgoblin slaver guards knew that trouble was before them. One of the goblins slipped out of the group and fired an arrow at Titus as it ran for the cover of a building. The arrow fell short of its target, striking the ground between Titus and Tommi.

Findledan vs Goblin6

Findledan stepped forward to protect his fellow prisoners. The big storyteller hacked the goblin that had come to see what the holdup was. The goblin fell at his feet from his powerful blow. He had hoped to unlock at least one more of the Julkounians, but he saw that there was one last goblin, dragging the group away down the dock toward the waiting boats.

GM: Damage Taken:
(BGs) G6 7 (Findledan's Sword);
(PCs) None; (NPCs) None
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
GM: Encounter: Doughty Daggerfordians vs Gorhag the Slaver & his Blood-White Banner in Julkoun
JLBailey13.jpg

Locations:
(BGs) G6 (CL52); G8(BS43); G9(BN47); GB3(BT49); GB4(BP43); HA1 (BU36); HA3 (BZ44); HG5(BN45); HG6(BT44);
(PCs) Angis (CH39); Dandin (CI40); Enseth (BZ43); Titus (CI38); Tommi (CD45);
(NPCs) Averiel(CD37); Findledan (CJ51); Morwin (xx); ORB4 (xx); Julkounians (Lots);
(Off Map) (Top of Bridge) Zasha (CR12); (Docks) G7 (CM65); Even More Julkounians (Boats)
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Angis AC14 HP 3/31 THP0 HD 3/3 PP14* SS 1/3 (C: Mark)
Dandin AC14 HP 18/18 HD 3/3 PP14 SS 2/4 1/2 Insp 1/3
Enseth AC20* HP 13/22 THP 2/6 HD 1/3 PP14 SS 0/4 0/2
Titus AC18* HP 10/27 HD 2/3 PP11 SS ?/1
Tommi AC14 HP 3/21 HD 3/3 PP14
(NPCs)
Averiel AC14 HP 11/27 THP 0/3 HD 4/8 PP15* (Hidden)
Findledan AC11 HP 17/44 HD 2/8 PP15 SS 0/4 0/2
Morwin AC12 HP 0/5 PP15* (Dead)
ORB4 AC11 HP 0/1 PP13* (Dead)
Zasha AC11 HP 3/3 PP11 (Running)
Name * Damage Taken * (Notes)
(Immediate Threat)
Gohrag 55 (Dying), HobArcher1 14 (Dead), HobArcher3 0, GoblinBully3 0
(Docks Goblins)
Goblin6 7 (Dead), Goblin7 0
(Town Shrine Group now on Scene)
Goblin8 0, Goblin9 0, GoblinBully4 0, Hobgoblin5 0, Hobgoblin6 0
End Round Twelve; Begin Round Thirteen
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Enseth keeps distracting the archer, and guides Tommi to his next attack.
He lobs a stone but he does not hold his gaze to see if it hits.

Instead, he turns, and , struck by an impulse he rushes towards the dying Hobgoblin leader.

OOC: Attack HA3 at BZ43. 1d20+5=9. If a hit damage=3d6+3=14. (sneak attack; 1 stone left).
If Ensenth helps, then second d20+5=24.
Move 30'+Dash 30' to Gohrag.
Reaction: 15' move if enemy ends turn next to me.
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
GM: For Findledan:
JLBDocks.jpg

Findledan (CK52); Davis (CK54); Goblin7 (CM65); Lots of Julkounian Prisoners
Note: Davis (Julkounian dockworker) has a knife he took from a goblin.
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
Dandin looked around and realized suddenly that hos friends were heading the wrong way. True, the majority of the remaining enemy was over there, but there were plenty other people already in the boats. He wasn't sure if he could do anything useful with the thought that came into his head. But he had to try.

"Hey! Where are you guys going! We have to stop the boats from getting away!"

With that, he was running towards the docks, he needed a better view so that he could target his remaining spells effectively.
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
Averial looked for targets, she picked out the softest one she could find and fired off a couple more arrows in an attempt to neutralize it. Then she heard Dandin's call and realized that they'd distracted themselves from the group who'd just been drug down to the docks. She moved swiftly, dashing behind the halfling in an attempt to get a clear view of what was happening down there

Action: 2 shots at the squishiest target she can find, then move+dash to gain a better perspective to the south.
 

Advertisement

Top