5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Angis Honack
Julkoun/Docks
10:06 PM
Round 13

Angis ratcheted another bolt into his crossbow as he marched toward the goblins herding people toward the docks. He took targeted a hobgoblin with his mark, took aim, and fired at him, then quickly reloaded and sent another bolt downfield into the goblin next to the one he’d just shot.

OOC: First time using Horde Breaker!


Save:
Move: To CC39
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Attack BS43
Heavy Crossbow Hunters Mark: 1D20+3 = [13]+3 = 16
1D10+1D6+1 = [1]+[5]+1 = 7

Bonus Action: Move Hunter’s Mark to BS43
Horde Breaker: Attack BT44
Heavy Crossbow: 1D20+3 = [8]+3 = 11
1D10+1 = [10]+1 = 11

Reaction: Absorb Elements or Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark (BS43)
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 3/31 HD: 3/3d10+2

Bolts: 11
Bolts used: 4
Handaxes: 7/12

Spells
1) 2/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.


Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Tommi & Enseth vs HobArcher3

Enseth smashed his shield into the hobgoblin's nose and she stumbled back. As she recovered, she raised her hand axe, and a stone slung from Tommi's sling struck her just above her left eye. She fell to the ground, defeated. Tommi rushed away to stand over the fallen form of Gohrag the Slaver, who appeared to still be breathing.

Angis vs Goblin8 & Hobgoblin6

Angis stomped toward the gaggle of chained Julkounians and their goblin and hobgoblin guards. He pulled two quarrels and loaded and fired them in quick succession. His first target, a goblin, was struck in the stomach and it fell to the ground gurgling. A nearby woman gasped. His second quarrel bounced off of a now-alert hobgoblin's shield, and the guard returned fire by flinging a javelin at Angis. The dwarf side-stepped at the last moment, and the javelin struck the ground beside him.

OOC: I'll do Dandin and Averiel in a bit, but I also need @Kobold Stew Findledan and @tglassy Titus to go.


GM: Damage Taken:
(BGs) HobArcher3 14 (Tommi's Stone, Dead); Goblin8 7 (Angis' Quarrel, Dead);
(PCs) None; (NPCs) None
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Findelan, free of the chains, and with gobln corpses around him slides the key into the fold in his sash and heads towards the docks. There is a crowd there, and in the front of the crowd is a man with a knife. And so everything seems alright. The humans, on the dock and the boats, are safe and guarded.

It's then he sees the one goblin in the back. Before he can process it, he has reacted. He extends a fist and with a flick of the wrist his fingers splay open. When he does, the air beside the goblin bursts with an explosive force.

EDIT:
Findelan calls out -- "You won't see much from back there. Think you can face an old man?"

OOC: Move south 30' to CK 58.
Viscious Mockery vs. the gob in the back. Wis Save vs DC 12 or Damage = 1d4=4 and disadvantage next turn.


OOC: Move: south 30' to CK58.
Action: cast Shatter, centered on CK 45 (with the goblin at the perimeter of 10' but hopefully no one else). DC 12 Con save, or
OOC:
 
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Dandin & Averiel vs Goblin9

Dandin ran toward the docks, waving for the others to follow him. Averiel followed him, but not before putting an arrow into one of the goblins guarding the prison group who had crossed the town. She did not stop to see that though she had wounded the goblin, she had not killed it.

Findledan & Davis vs Goblin7

Findledan mocked the goblin on the docks. The goblin was busy gathering the Julkounian prisoners together, and at first seemed to be ignoring the big storyteller, but then, as Findledan and the knife-wielding Julkounian named Davis came toward the docks, the goblin suddenly drew a blade and came running toward them.

Titus vs GoblinBully3

Titus was excited to find that he could channel energy and fire it, so he tried it at one of the goblins. His accuracy was terrible with his new-found ability and all he managed to do was to draw fire. The goblin shot an arrow at him, and it was a near thing.

Cross-town Goblins

The goblin slavers continued to drive the Julkounians toward the docks. Some of them took cover amongst the townsfolk, while others flung javelins or fired arrows as the pack moved forward.

GM: Damage Taken:
(BGs) Goblin9 5 (Averiel's Arrow);
(PCs) Titus 5 (GB3's Arrow, or 0 if he has his shield on... I dunno);
(NPCs) None
Averiel vs G9
Bow: 1D20+4 = [1]+4 = 5; 1D6+2 = [1]+2 = 3
1D20+4 = [13]+4 = 17; 1D6+2 = [3]+2 = 5

G7 Wisdom vs Findledan. Got his attention, but did't hurt him. He's running up the dock, but out of time.
Save: 1D20-1 = [13]-1 = 12
Titus vs GB3
EB: 1D20+3 = [5]+3 = 8; 1D10 = [8] = 8
GB3 vs Titus
(Hmm... that would get him if he's not wearing a shield.)
Bow: 1D20+4 = [12]+4 = 16; 1D6+2 = [3]+2 = 5
HG5 vs Enseth (Useless of course)
Javelin: 1D20+3 = [7]+3 = 10; 1D6+1 = [1]+1 = 2
G9 vs Angis
Bow: 1D20+4 = [1]+4 = 5; 1D6+2 = [4]+2 =6
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
GM: Encounter: Doughty Daggerfordians vs Gorhag the Slaver & his Blood-White Banner in Julkoun
JLBailey14.jpg

Locations:
(BGs) Gohrag(CI39); G7(CL60); G8(BS43); G9(BS47); GB3(BX51); GB4(BU45); HA3(BZ44); HG5(BS45); HG6(BW45);
(PCs) Angis(CC39); Dandin(CL50); Enseth(BZ43); Titus(CD48); Tommi(CI40);
(NPCs) Averiel(CM51); Davis(CL56); Findledan(CK58); Morwin(xx); ORB4(xx); Julkounians (Lots);
(Off Map - In front of Jester's Pride) Zasha(DH2);
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Angis AC14 HP 3/31 THP0 HD 3/3 PP14* SS 1/3 (C: Mark)
Dandin AC14 HP 18/18 HD 3/3 PP14 SS 2/4 1/2 Insp 1/3
Enseth AC20* HP 13/22 THP 2/6 HD 1/3 PP14 SS 0/4 0/2
Titus AC18* HP 5/27 HD 2/3 PP11 SS ?/1
Tommi AC14 HP 3/21 HD 3/3 PP14
(NPCs)
Averiel AC14 HP 11/27 THP 0/3 HD 4/8 PP15*
Findledan AC11 HP 17/44 HD 2/8 PP15 SS 0/4 0/2
Morwin AC12 HP 0/5 PP15* (Dead)
ORB4 AC11 HP 0/1 PP13* (Dead)
Zasha AC11 HP 3/3 PP11 (Running)
Name * Damage Taken * (Notes)
(BGs)
Gohrag 55 (Dying), HobArcher3 14 (Dead), GoblinBully3 0
(Town Shrine Group)
Goblin8 7 (Dead), Goblin9 5, GoblinBully4 0, Hobgoblin5 0, Hobgoblin6 0
(Docks)
Goblin7 0
End Round Thirteen; Begin Round Fourteen
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Ghorag the Slaver lies at Tommi's feet, and Tommi who sees the crowd of citydwellers and goblins approaching from the west. But he also sees the creature's chest rise and fall. It's wounded, certainly. but the breathing isn't laboured. He's unconscious, but not in pain.

That's not good enough. Tommi draws Gutter, General Shorgg's shortsword. The foul blade will never be clean -- indeed, the rust that Tommi sees might be part of the thing's enchantment.

He begins sawing at Ghorag's throat with Gutter, and he sees the skin catch in the serrated edge as he pulls it along.

OOC: OOC: attempting to kill Ghorag. Don't know where he is on death saves, etc. But I'll roll and let the interpretation follow.

To hit, if needed (with advantage): 1d20+4 (5, 9) = 9. Ugh. Damage would be 1d6+3=9, possibly plus 2d6=9 for sneak attack.
EDIT: no move, he's staying until this is done. Bonus: dodge.
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
Dandin watches an old man move up and take a stab at the goblin. He nods in appreciation of the bravery involved in the act. But in the meantime he moves in yo help him out. A well placed sling stone flues in towards the goblin's head.

Move 25' down
Sling: 1d20+4 15 1d4+2 4
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Angis Honack
Julkoun/Docks
10:06 PM
Round 14

Close enough now, Angis lets his crossbow go, slinging it along his side as he rushes toward the goblins, drawing an axe as he moved his mark to the goblin, swinging as he reached the creature.

Save:
Move: To BX44
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Attack BW45
Handaxe Hunters mark: 1D20+4 = [19]+4 = 23
2D6+2 = [2, 5]+2 = 9

Bonus Action: Move Hunter’s Mark to BW45
Horde Breaker:
Reaction: Absorb Elements or Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark (BW45)
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 3/31 HD: 3/3d10+2

Bolts: 11
Bolts used: 4
Handaxes: 7/12

Spells
1) 2/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.


Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
Averial got a good look at the people about the dock. Not more than a single goblin and he was facing what looked like a capable. If older man. In the meantime. There were still a number of foes the other way. She smiled as Dandin's stone flung true and moved to the corner of the building where sge could work her bow from a bit of cover. She looked for any foes who were engaging. Or about to be engaged by her allies and used the advantages that gave her.

Shortbow: 2#1d20+5 19 20 2#1d6+3 4 4 1d6 1

She's still wounded so she's going to play off of the cover of the building. Even using her bonus dash to duck out of sight if possible.
 

Fradak

Explorer
Enseth stays close to Angis and strikes the Hobgoblin, trying get his attention.

OOC: Movement : BW44.
Attack with Battlefist but miss.
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Findledan & Dandin

The goblin from the docks rushed Findledan, brandishing a sword. The big storyteller got in the first blow, cutting the goblin's arm. The little creature yelled and lunged for the large man, but was struck dead by a stone from Dandin's sling and the halfling mimicked tipping his hat to the man. Dandin noticed that the light rain had made his hair stick to his forehead, and it suddenly occurred to him how lucky he'd been, so far - he was entirely uninjured.

Tommi & Gohrag

Even mortally injured, the large hobgoblin slaver awoke just enough from his unconscious stupor to shove Tommi back as the lad attempted the grizzly work of putting him down.

OOC: D&D doesn't simulate very well the state of being unable to fight, but still alive. I felt like using it here story-wise, to excuse how you'd "miss" a guy who's "unconscious". It makes Gohrag pretty scary, too.


GM: Damage Taken:
(BGs) Goblin7 4 (Findledan's sword) & 4 (Dandin's stone) (Dead);
(PCs) None; (NPCs) None
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Angis, Averiel, & Enseth vs Hobgoblin5 & 6

Angis let his crossbow drop to his hip and moved to engage the hobgoblin leading the prisoners. Enseth stomped forward beside him, and the Julkounians scattered in terror as a large metal construct loomed out of the dimness, shining lights and clanging. The hobgoblins moved to intercept, and a lone goblin struggled to control the frightened prisoners.

Enseth's battlefist slammed into the lead hobgoblin's shield as Angis hacked the same hobgoblin's thigh with his axe. Another hobgoblin came up, and Angis and Enseth saw for the first time hobgoblin teamwork, as the two hobgoblins locked their shields and drove forward, hacking at them with swords. It would have been bad for the Daggerfordians, had their elf ally Averiel not climbed up onto a building's porch-roof, and shot one of the two hobgoblins dead from above its shield.

Titus vs GoblinBully3 & 4

Determined to learn to fire this new strange energy, Titus tried once more to hit a goblin who was shooting at him. This time he managed to wing the goblin, searing the creature's shoulder. That goblin ran for cover, but another goblin that was hiding in the crowd of Julkounians shot an arrow at Titus that struck him in the chest. Struggling to breathe, the young nobleman found himself falling to the ground in the muck of the wet dirt road.

GM: Damage Taken:
(BGs) GB3 3 (Titus' EB); HG6 9 (Angis' Axe) & 5 (Averiel's Arrow); HG5 4 (Averiel's Arrow)
(PCs) Enseth 7 (HG5's Sword); Titus 8 (GB4's Arrow) (Down);
(NPCs) None
Hobgoblin5 & 6 vs Enseth & Angis, respectively. Ouch!
Edit: I forgot to resolve Averiel's arrows. So HG6 would be down first, lucky for both of you.
Angis avoids 13 damage and Enseth avoids 11 (martial advantage)
Sword:
HG5: 1D20+3 = [18]+3 = 21; 1D8+1 = [6]+1 = 7 & 2D6 = [5, 6] = 11
HG6: 1D20+3 = [11]+3 = 14; 1D8+1 = [6]+1 = 7 & 2D6 = [3, 1] = 4

Titus vs GB3
EB: 1D20+3 = [13]+3 = 16; 1D10 = [3] = 3
GoblinBully3 & 4 vs Titus
Bow:
GB3: 1D20+4 = [6]+4 = 10; 1D6+2 = [3]+2 = 5
GB4: 1D20+4 = [12]+4 = 16; 1D6+2 = [6]+2 = 8
 
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
GM: Encounter: Doughty Daggerfordians vs Gorhag the Slaver & his Blood-White Banner in Julkoun
JLBailey15.png

Locations:
(BGs) Gohrag(CI39); G7(CL59); G9(BT48); GB3(BZ53); GB4(BV47); HG5(BW44); HG6(BW45);
(PCs) Angis(BX44); Dandin(CN55); Enseth(BX45); Titus(CD48); Tommi(CI40);
(NPCs) Averiel(CE51); Davis(CL56); Findledan(CL58); Morwin(xx); ORB4(xx); Julkounians (Lots);
(Escaped to Jester's Pride) Zasha;
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Angis AC14 HP 3/31 THP0 HD 3/3 PP14* SS 1/3 (C: Mark)
Dandin AC14 HP 18/18 HD 3/3 PP14 SS 2/4 1/2 Insp 1/3
Enseth AC20* HP 8/22 THP 0/6 HD 1/3 PP14 SS 0/4 0/2
Titus AC18* HP 0/27 HD 2/3 PP11 SS ?/1 (Dying!)
Tommi AC14 HP 3/21 HD 3/3 PP14
(NPCs)
Averiel AC14 HP 11/27 THP 0/3 HD 4/8 PP15*
Findledan AC11 HP 17/44 HD 2/8 PP15 SS 0/4 0/2
Morwin AC12 HP 0/5 PP15* (Dead)
ORB4 AC11 HP 0/1 PP13* (Dead)
Zasha AC11 HP 3/3 PP11 (Safe)
Name * Damage Taken * (Notes)
(BGs)
Gohrag 55 (Dying); GoblinBully3 0; GB4 0;
Goblin9 5; Hobgoblin5 4, HG6 14 (Dead)
(Docks)
Goblin7 8 (Dead)
End Round Fourteen; Begin Round Fifteen
 

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Really! Really! Again!? Aaggh!


The arrow struck, and the world went silent. The only thing Titus could hear was the thrum of his heartbeat in his ears.

He fell to one knee, and heard a voice in his mind. Magic. Power. Just beyond his grasp. The power to live.

[roll]1d20+3[/roll]
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
Dandin grinned at Findledan as ge glanced around. He didn't see any other greenskins in the area at the moment and it sounded like the battle with the last group was joined now.

"Get these people free and maybe some of them armed. The upper Bailey is safe. But I wouldn't go running up to it. We'll see if we can finish this!" And with that, he was off, running back to the corner of the building. He got there just in time to see Titus collapse with an arrow in his chest. He didn't know where the attack had come from, but that guant blob of people was likely to become a problem soon. Thinking quickly, Dandin cast his most powerful sleeping spell right at the center of the group.

Sleep 2nd Level: 7d8 31 Aiming at the crowd of prisoners. Just hoping to knock most of them out and give us a chance to puck out the rest of the hostiles.

Ibwanted to drop a healing word for Titus, but realized at the last moment that I can't cast it ans sleep together. I can wake him up next round though.

0/2 2nd levels spells available
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Angis Honack
Julkoun/Docks
10:06 PM
Round 15

“Bluidy ‘ell!” Angis said as he saw Titus go down. “Die, ye wankin’ horse-sucker!” he snarled at the hobgoblin remaining facing him and Enseth. He needed to put it down and go help Titus.

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Attack BW44
Handaxe Hunters mark: 1D20+4 = [14]+4 = 18
2D6+2 = [4, 4]+2 = 10

Bonus Action: Move Hunter’s Mark to (BW44)
Horde Breaker:
Reaction: Absorb Elements or Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark (BW44)
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 3/31 HD: 3/3d10+2

Bolts: 11
Bolts used: 4
Handaxes: 7/12

Spells
1) 2/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.


Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Findelan ensures that all the humans at the docks are alright.

"Stay calm, and stay docked!" he bellows, his resonant voice carrying above the nosie of the creaking boats. Then he laughs. "All will be well, my friends," as he kicks the goblin corpse.

OOC: Ensure that no boats leave; the space might be needed for others!
 

Advertisement

Top