5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

gargoyleking

Explorer
"Well, I guess that didn't work. Oh well, can't win 'em all..."

Dandin watches chaos ensue for a moment. Wolf-Titus disappeared behind one building, Enseth, behind another. For his own part, Dandin was now just too far away to do anything useful. So he ran, hoping to catch up.

OOC: Move/dash to CC 27?
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Unaware that others are not following him towards the docks, Tommi continues South. His eye is tracking Orb, which hovers next to the remaining archer. As the Hobgoblin is distracted, Tommi loads his sling, and with an underhand swing lobs a stone, hoping to hit the archer in the skull.

OOC: Round 5.
Move 30' South, to CF 39.
Action: Attack HobArcher2 with Magic Stone. Advantage (help from Orb): better of [roll0] and [roll1]. If a hit, damage = [roll2] (with Sneak Attack).
Bonus: Dodge.

If anyone ends their turn within 5' of Tommi, reaction to move 15' away.
Stones left: 2.
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Angis Honack
Julkoun/Goblin barracks
10:05 PM
Round 5


Scanning the town to the left, Angis saw it mostly clear. He crept along the side of the building after Enseth. When he got to the other corner, he spotted the hobgoblin archer. He shifted his magical mark to the archer and fired his crossbow at the hobgoblin being harried by Orb.


[sblock=Angis’ Actions]
Save:
Move: CE35
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Shoot Hobgoblin Archer
Heavy crossbow: 1D20+3 = [20]+3 = 23
1D10+1D6+1 = [7]+[4]+1 = 12

Crit damage: 1D10+1D6+1 = [3]+[6]+1 = 10
Total Damage: 22
Bonus Action: Move Hunter’s Mark to Hobgoblin Archer
Horde Breaker:
Reaction: Absorb Elements or Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark (Hobgoblin Archer)
Inspiration:
[/sblock]


[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 30/31+3thp HD: 3/3d10+2


Bolts: 14
Bolts used: 1
Handaxes: 9/12


Spells
1) 2/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.
[/sblock]


[sblock=Party Loot]
[/sblock]


[sblock=Goals]
Stop at Julkoun and ask about Estor the priest for Hadesha, the priestess of Chauntea in Daggerford. DEAD
Find out the fate of the storyteller Findledan (Jester’s Pride tavern) for the dryad Oyfanen outside Julkoun.
[/sblock]


[sblock=Party]
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
[/sblock]
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Tommi vs HobArcher2

Tommi ran toward the docks. He wasn't sure what he could do if he arrived there by himself, but he hoped it would be heroic. Spinning his head to the side, he saw a hobgoblin drawing an arrow while ducking under ORB4. Before the hobgoblin could aim at him, he slung a stone that struck the brute right between the eyes. The hobgoblin's face screwed up, and it fell to the ground. The arrow dropped harmlessly at his feet.

Angis vs Bannerman1

Angis came to the corner of the building and raised his crossbow toward the archer. Before he could settle his mark, he saw the stone strike and the hobgoblin fall. Then suddenly, the hobgoblin with the bloody banner was there in front of him, seemingly out of nowhere. The goblin stood between Angis and Tommi, and swung the banner overhead in a wide arc. The fabric of the banner hid the fiendish spikes on the ends of the cross-bars, and both Angis and Tommi were scraped by them as the banner passed around.

Then Angis settled his mark on the hobgoblin and put a quarrel deep into the villain's chest at close-range. The hobgoblin gasped and staggered, but through some crazed will of zealotry, the hobgoblin did not fall.

GM: Bannerman is tough.
Damage Taken:
(BGs) HArcher2 17 (Tommi's stone, Dead); HBannerman1 22 (Angis' quarrel)
(PCs) Angis 3 (Banner) & Tommi 3 (Banner);
(NPCs) None
HobBannerman1's banner (2 vs Angis, 2 vs Tommi)
4#1d20+5: 4 # 8 [1d20=3] 22 [1d20=17] 19 [1d20=14] 12 [1d20=7]
4#1d4+2: 4 # 6 [1d4=4] 3 [1d4=1] 3 [1d4=1] 5 [1d4=3]
 
Last edited:

tglassy

Explorer
Titus rushes towards the girl and the hobgoblin, ready to pounce once he gets there.

OOC: Move towards them. If I can get in range, Attack. If not, take the Dodge Action.

If attack: [roll0] or [roll1] Plus a DC 11 Str Save or be knocked prone.
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Dandin, Morwin, Tituswolf, & Zasha vs Hobgoblin2

Zasha ducked away from the Hobgoblin, kicking him in the shin and she ran around the corner of the building. But the hobgoblin was right behind her, and she was sure that it would catch her before she made the next corner. Then, in the shadows, she saw two eyes glowing in the dark: A wolf! She stopped dead in her tracks and the hobgoblin grabbed her from behind. The wolf snarled and leapt at her, and she thought she would die - but the wolf went right over her and crashed heavily into the chest of the hobgoblin!

So fixated on her was the hobgoblin, that he had not seen the wolf until the last moment. The hobgoblin let go of the girl and fell on his back with the wolf on top. The wolf snapped at his face, biting his cheek and tearing at the flesh. The hobgoblin hollered in pain and fear.

Zasha moved to get away, but she saw another pair of glowing eyes. These two were much smaller and a winged cat flew up to her and to her surprise, it landed in her arms.

Dandin ran to catch up with the others, and he ducked into the lane between buldings. He wasn't sure at first where Titus and Morwin were going in the dark of the lane, but then he heard the holler of the hobgoblin and he could just make out the girl in the shadows at the other end of the lane.



GM: Damage Taken:
(BGs) Hobgoblin2 6 & knocked prone (Wolf);
(PCs) None; (NPCs) None
Hobgoblin Strength save vs TitusWolf
1d20+1: 2 [1d20=1]
 
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Enseth & Averiel vs GoblinBully2

As the goblin slavers tried to rush the group of Julkounians to the docks, one of the goblins broke off and ran toward the west, presumably heading for the Town Shrine and the other prisoners.

Another goblin approached the fighting and fired his bow at Enseth as the Shield Guardian stepped between Angis and the hobgoblin bannerman. His little arrow pinged off of Enseth's shield and the Shield Guardian switched to offensive mode, spinning his shield and slamming the hobgoblin bannerman with his Battlefist.

Averiel ran into the open and returned fire on Enseth's behalf at the goblin, striking him in the leg.


GM: Have we lost Fradak or is he just on extended vacation? It's been awhile.
Damage Taken:
(BGs) Bannerman1 5 (Enseth's Battlefist); GoblinBully2 8 (Averiel's Arrow);
(PCs) None; (NPCs) None
GoblinBully2 shortbow vs Enseth (who was still Dodging from last round)
2d20l1+4: 13 [2d20l1=[9], 18]
1d6+2: 4 [1d6=2]
Averiel shortbow vs GB2
2#1d20+4: 2 # 8 [1d20=4] 16 [1d20=12]
2#1d6+2: 2 # 7 [1d6=5] 8 [1d6=6]
Enseth Battlefist vs Bannerman1
2d20k1+5: 24 [2d20k1=[19], 1]
1d8+3: 5 [1d8=2]
 
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Location: Julkoun Lower Bailey; Encounter: Gorhag the Slaver & his Blood-White Banner

End Round Five; Begin Round Six

GM:
Name * (Space) * Perc * AC * HP * Hit Dice * Notes
(PCs)
Angis (CE35) PP14* AC14 HP 30/31 THP0 HD 3/3
Dandin (CC27) PP14 AC14 HP 18/18 HD 3/3
Enseth (CE36) PP14 AC20* HP 19/22 HD 1/3
Wolf-Titus (BS25) PP13/18 AC13 HP 11/11 THP 3/3
Tommi (CF39) PP14 AC14 HP 11/21 HD 3/3
(NPCs)
Averiel (CK29) PP15* AC14 HP 26/27 THP 3/3 HD 2/3
Morwin (BS27) PP15* AC12 HP 2/5
ORB4 (CE38) PP13* AC11 HP 1/1 Help
Zasha (BS26) PP11 AC11 HP 3/3
Julkounians (Lots)
(Immediate Threat)
HobArcher1 (AZ40)
*HobArcher2 (CA39) HP less 17 (Dead)
Bannerman1 (CE37) HP less 27 C: Expeditious Retreat
GoblinBully2 (BU44) HP less 8
(Chasing Zasha)
Hobgoblin2 (BO22) HP less 6 (Prone)
(Crossing Town)
Hobgoblin3 (BY47)
GoblinBully3 (BP46)
Goblin4 (CE48)
Goblin5 (CF49)
(Dead at the Bridge)
*GoblinBully1 (CM20) HP less 20 (Dead)
*Goblin1 (CP19) HP less 10 (Dead)
*Goblin2 (CN19) HP less 13+ (Dead)
*Goblin3 (CI24) HP less 12 (Dead)
*Hobgoblin1 (CC28) HP less 16 (Dead)
(Docks)
Hobgoblin4 (CM55)
Gohrag (CL56)
HobArcher3 (CL58)
Goblin6 (CM63)
Goblin7 (CM67)
Bannerman2 (CM65)
(Town Shrine)
Hobgoblin5 (AB35)
Hobgoblin6 (AB41
GoblinBully4 (AE36)
Goblin8 (AH36)
Goblin9 (AI39)


JLBailey6.jpg
 
Last edited:

gargoyleking

Explorer
Suddenly Dandin understood what had drawn Tidus away from the others. He wasn't sure how best to help, but getting the girl away and out of immediate danger seemed best at this point. Moving up he called out to her.

"It's okay! He's a friendly wolf, he won't hurt you! Come over here and we'll protect you!

As the girl came to him he ushered her to a spot against the wall. And held his finger up to his lips. Now he spoke more quietly, almost conspiratorially to her.

"Good. Now, we're going to hide you way in an imaginary box. Don't worry, nobody will know it's imaginary but us. Now crouch down and try to be extra quiet, like a cat. There... and You're in a box!"

OOC: I'm making a bit of an assumption here, but at least I rolled a boss Persuasion:: 1d20+7 25 check. Minor illusion to create the image of a crate up against the wall of the building where Zasha stops.

Move to BX 28, I think she gets to BY 27 assuming she follows his advice.
 
Last edited:

Fradak

Explorer
Enseth targeted the Bannerman but he was too slow and missed. He stood ready to move forward if Angis could take care of him.

OOC: Enseth moves if the Hobgoblin falls and tries to protect Tommi while ORB4 gives him easy targets.
 
Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Angis Honack
Julkoun/Goblin barracks
10:05 PM
Round 5


OOC: I think Angis is down to 27 HP because the bannerman hit him for a bit this round.



Angis pulled up as he nearly lost his eye to the hobgoblin’s banner spear, instead just getting a light flesh wound on the cheek. Still, it bled into his beard. He dropped his heavy crossbow and pulled out a hand axe as he stepped around Enseth to attack the banner hobgoblin, following his axe up with his fist.


[sblock=Angis’ Actions]
Save:
Move: CF35
Free Object Interaction: Draw handaxe
Action: Attack Hobgoblin Banner
Handaxe: 1D20+4 = [1]+4 = 5
1D6+2 = [6]+2 = 8

Bonus Action: Offhand attack with fist, if allowed?
Unarmed strike: 1D20+4 = [9]+4 = 13
Damage, if it hits: 3
Hunter’s Mark damage: Hunters Mark: 1D6 = [4] = 4
Horde Breaker:
Reaction: Absorb Elements or Opportunity Attack
Handaxe: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15
1D6+2 = [4]+2 = 6

Conditions:
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark (Hobgoblin Banner)
Inspiration:
[/sblock]


[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 27/31+3thp HD: 3/3d10+2


Bolts: 14
Bolts used: 1
Handaxes: 9/12


Spells
1) 2/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.
[/sblock]


[sblock=Party Loot]
[/sblock]


[sblock=Goals]
Stop at Julkoun and ask about Estor the priest for Hadesha, the priestess of Chauntea in Daggerford. DEAD
Find out the fate of the storyteller Findledan (Jester’s Pride tavern) for the dryad Oyfanen outside Julkoun.
[/sblock]


[sblock=Party]
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
[/sblock]
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
The Bannerman had hit him too, and so Tommi loaded his sling, and sent a stone towards the fleeing Hobgoblin who was distracted by Angis.

OOC: Move as needed to have a clear shot while keeping distance.
Sling: [roll0] to hit. Damage (w/sneak attack) = [roll1].
Bonus: Dodge.
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Enseth, Angis, Tommi & Averiel vs Bannerman1, GBully2, & HobArcher1

Enseth and Angis moved in on the hobgoblin bannerman, who swung his banner around defensively. The white-and-red fabric flapped in their faces and even Enseth's sensors could not follow the movements. When they could see again, the hobgoblin was gone, only to appear behind them. Angis just managed to get his axe up in time, deflecting three quick blows from the spear-points hidden in the cross-bar of his banner. A fourth strike stabbed him in the shoulder.

Tommi had taken some distance and he saw the hobgoblin spinning his banner before disappearing in a flash of fabric and reappearing behind his friends - it must have been some kind of magic. He slung his stone at the hobgoblin, but it too was lost in the spinning fabric.

Tommi ducked as a goblin fired an arrow at him; it went over his shoulder and Averiel returned fire, killing the snarling goblin with an arrow to the chest.

From somewhat far away in the dim light, an arrow came from another hobgoblin archer, and it headed true for Enseth.

GM: Bannerman can teleport. @tglassy Titus needs to go. Does Enseth have a trick to stop the arrow?
Damage Taken:
(BGs) GoblinBully1 6 (Averiel's Arrow, Dead);
(PCs) Angis 6 (Banner); Enseth 9 (HobArcher1's Arrow);
(NPCs) None
 
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Gohrag the Slaver

Gohrag had been growing impatient. These humans were valuable slaves, but they were uncooperative. In their fear, they had been disobedient and often confused as they were loaded on the boats. It was taking longer than he would have liked. Most of the Village had been abandoned by the other goblinoids as the horde had broken apart after the death of General Shorgg.

He moved away from the docks to see what was taking so long and he saw Tommi and Averiel before his view was blocked by a gaggle of Julkounians being driven forward by some of his men.

Tommi, for his part, also saw the large, mean-looking hobgoblin coming up from the docks before his view was also blocked by the captured villager chain-gang.
 

Fradak

Explorer
OOC: Calling Enseth's Arcane Devices - tricks... It will break ORB4's little core.
Shield it is.

HP: 19/22
Arcane Ward: 2/6 (+2 because of Shield)
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Angis Honack
Julkoun/Goblin barracks
10:05 PM
Round 6


Angis grunted as the spear point took him in the shoulder. He yanked out a second axe and sent them weaving, slashing at fabric and at the hobgoblin bannerman.


[sblock=Angis’ Actions]
Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction: Draw handaxe
Action: Attack Hobgoblin Banner
Handaxe: 1D20+4 = [8]+4 = 12
1D6+2 = [5]+2 = 7

Hunters Mark: 1D6 = [4] = 4
Bonus Action: Attack Hobgoblin Banner
Handaxe: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15
1D6+2 = [3]+2 = 5

Hunters Mark: 1D6 = [4] = 4
Horde Breaker:
Reaction: Absorb Elements or Opportunity Attack
Handaxe: 1D20+4 = [4]+4 = 8
1D6+2 = [6]+2 = 8

Hunters Mark: 1D6 = [1] = 1
Conditions:
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark (Hobgoblin Banner)
Inspiration:
[/sblock]


[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 21/31+3thp HD: 3/3d10+2


Bolts: 14
Bolts used: 1
Handaxes: 9/12


Spells
1) 2/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.
[/sblock]


[sblock=Party Loot]
[/sblock]


[sblock=Goals]
Stop at Julkoun and ask about Estor the priest for Hadesha, the priestess of Chauntea in Daggerford. DEAD
Find out the fate of the storyteller Findledan (Jester’s Pride tavern) for the dryad Oyfanen outside Julkoun.
[/sblock]


[sblock=Party]
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
[/sblock]
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Dandin, Tituswolf, Morwin, & Zasha vs Hobgoblin2

Dandin ushered the girl to a spot where she could safely lean against a wall. She was still carrying Morwin, who helped to keep her calm as Dandin surrounded her in an illusion of a crate. She sat silently, hidden, patting the winged cat.

The hobgoblin was struggling with Titus. He tried to get the wolf off of him with a handaxe and failed to get to his feet, as Titus mauled him to death, tearing at his flesh with his wolf's teeth.



 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
GM: Location: Julkoun Lower Bailey; Encounter: Gorhag the Slaver & his Blood-White Banner
JLBailey7.jpg
(PCs)
Name * (Space) * Perc * AC * HP * Hit Dice * Notes
Angis
(CF36) PP14* AC14 HP 21/31 THP0 HD 3/3
Dandin (BX28) PP14 AC14 HP 18/18 HD 3/3
Enseth (CE36) PP14 AC20* HP 19/22 THP2/6 HD 1/3
Wolf-Titus (BS25) PP13/18 AC13 HP 11/11 THP 3/3
Tommi (CL40) PP14 AC14 HP 8/21 HD 3/3
(NPCs)
Averiel
(CL36) PP15* AC14 HP 26/27 THP 3/3 HD 2/3
Morwin (BY27) PP15* AC12 HP 2/5
ORB4 (CE38) PP13* AC11 HP 1/1 Help
Zasha (BY27) PP11 AC11 HP 3/3
Julkounians (Lots)
(Immediate Threat)
HobArcher1
(ABF37)
Bannerman1 (CE37) HP less 27 C: Expeditious Retreat
(Approaching Threat)
Gohrag (CL53)
Hobgoblin4 (CM52)
HobArcher3 (CL55)
(Crossing Town)
Hobgoblin3 (CG47)
Goblin4 (CL48)
Goblin5 (CM49)
(Dead)
*GoblinBully1 (CM20) HP less 20 (Dead)
*GoblinBully2 (CC43) HP less 14 (Dead)
*Goblin1 (CP19) HP less 10 (Dead)
*Goblin2 (CN19) HP less 13+ (Dead)
*Goblin3 (CI24) HP less 12 (Dead)
*Hobgoblin1 (CC28) HP less 16 (Dead)
*Hobgoblin2 (BR25) HP less 12 (Dead)
*HobArcher2 (CA39) HP less 17 (Dead)
(Docks)
Goblin6 (CM63)
Goblin7 (CM67)
Bannerman2 (CM65)
(Town Shrine)
GoblinBully3 (BD46) (Running)
Hobgoblin5 (AB35)
Hobgoblin6 (AB41)
GoblinBully4 (AE36)
Goblin8 (AH36)
Goblin9 (AI39)
 
Last edited:

gargoyleking

Explorer
"Good! Now, what's your name? Zasha? That's a pretty name. I'm Dandin and we're here to help. Now, I'm just going to go and make sure it's safe for you to make a run for it. Do you know how to get to the workhouse? All the adults we've helped so far are there. So you'll be safe there, okay? Now, when I tell you to run, you just run straight up that bridge and to the workhouse. We just have to make sure nobody can hurt you on the way first, understand? Good!"

Once said, Dandin slunk across the alleyway and along the backside of the building as quietly as he could muster.

[/ooc]Move: CC 29(30?)

Hide: Stealth: 1d20+4 17[/ooc]
 
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Dandin and Zasha

The girl nodded as Dandin instructed her. She was bold and brave and she looked up on the smoky darkness toward the workhouse. She released her hold on Morwin, who returned to follow Titus, and she waited in the illusion for Dandin's signal as the halfling disapeared into the darkness at the end of the lane.
 

Advertisement

Top