D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin stood up from behind the reigns and waved to the guards as they pulled up. The carriage was dizzyingly high for him, but he missed droving his own cart too much and had asked for a turn behind the reigns.

"Ho there! We're the Doughty Daggerfordians, here to help with the orc problem! It's been a long ride and we're a bit tired from our first skirmish with the brutes, can we come across?"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Road
Morning
Round 0

Allowing the others to deal with the wagon, Angis butchered the war pig and then crawled into the back of the war wagon to tend his wounds and rest.

Short rest: 1D10+2 = [7]+2 = 9
Short rest: 1D10+2 = [3]+2 = 5
Short rest: 1D10+2 = [3]+2 = 5

Upon reaching Newfield, Angis roused, typical dwarven constitution making it like he was never sliced and diced by a giant boar and its orc rider. He checked his new stash of fresh pork and grinned. Now he just needed to cure it into good bacon.

“Looks like they been preparin’,” Angis said, noting the spiked gate.

Mounted Crossbow: +6 2d6 100/400

Marauding gnolls (Ardeep Forest, noble hunting party hostage)
Orcs in the north (Harpshield Castle, Floshin Estate, Newfield)
Lizardfolk with steel weapons and armor (Rock Tower, Crom’s Hold)

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Horde Breaker:
Reaction: Absorb Elements or Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 37/40 HD: 1/4d10+2

Bolts: 12
Bolts used: 0
Handaxes: 12/12

Spells
1) 2/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.

Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Dandin was thrilled (though not surprised) to discover that these folks had heard of the Doughty Daggerfordians. They laughed and said, "Welcome, gents!" and "Glad to see you lot!" as they opened the gates and let the wagon roll through.

They had a similar reception at the inn's stables, where several local lads were acting as grooms. The stables were packed, but the boys said (to Titus), "We'll find a place for them, m'lord." and, "They're in good 'ands, right enough!"

The wagon itself sat horseless in the yard in a place where, if the inn were attacked, it could be used for cover and the mounted crossbow had a good range to fire across the creek.

The Elfwood was packed. So packed that there were tents in the yard (even in the vegetable garden, in the plots that had already been harvested.) and the rooms were full - one extended family to a small room. By the time the Daggerfordians entered, the innkeeper had been told of their arrival, and he greeted them at the door himself.

"Greetings my friends, I am your humble host, Fehlkeun Thalurien. Of course, you may call me 'the Falcon' like everyone else." said the innkeeper with a smile and a bow, "There is food in those pots and ale in those mugs. None of it is quite as good as we normally offer, but there it is. We are not accepting payment at this time, but we must ask that you not over-indulge. We may need to keep this going for awhile, and alas, our stores are not unlimited."

He seemed as if he were about to say more, but he was called away by a man hauling a large keg from the cellar. He said as he turned to go, "There is so much to do, I'm afraid. Welcome to the Elfwood!"

GM: People of Daggerford Newfield: The Falcon
Owner and proprietor of the Elfwood tavern in Newfield, the Falcon is a retired member of the Lords Floshin Guard. As an elf, his several centuries of age barely show in his fine features. He has a long, thin nose, that suits his name, and the wiry build of an archer. Though friendly and gracious, he occasionally lets slip that he is battle-weary and increasingly world-weary.

In the corner of the inn, alone at a small table, sits a woman with black hair wearing dark leather pants and forest green leather jacket. She's staring into her mug of ale quietly. The other patrons give her some room. She is familiar so some of you, works for Kelson. Escella is her name if you've met her. She does not seem to notice your entry or The Falcon's boisterous welcome.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
NewfieldElfwood Tavern
Afternoon
Round 0

Angis helped himself to some ale and surveyed the crowded common room. “Luiks like they’ll be ‘ard pressed t’ find us a room,” he commented. “Guess ‘tis campin’ ‘round the wagon,” It wouldn't’ be the worst he’d had, and the ale was quite good as well. Obviously they hadn’t sunk so low as to be serving the dregs, thank the gods.

“Ran intae a band o’ yer orcs on th’way,” Angis commented. “Wot can ye tell us aboot them?”

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Horde Breaker:
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Spells
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi thanks the Falcon for his hospitality, as he empties out the remnants of old food, half eaten sandwiches and apples he has started but not returned to, into the pig slop at the side of the inn.

"You're very kind," he says, but that's when he notices the woman who looks like Escella. He'd known Escella back in the day, of course. She was a year or two younget than him, and while sdhe ran in better circles than he always had, she'd come to see his mom Jyn a few times. But then he'd heard she had left town, or maybe that she had died. Rumours being what they were, he wasn't sure what to believe, but he'd never been too troubled about people leaving Daggerford. Those with ambition often did.

"Escella?" he asked, as he approached her. "I'm Tommi, Jyn's boy. I'd thought you were... well, I'd heard... It's nice to see you. What brings you here?"

He doesn't seat himself down uninvited, but he has a hand deep in one pocket, running pebbles through his hands.

Escella manages to hear her name and turns to look in Tommi's direction. "Oh, hi. Jyn's boy, Tommi, right? How are you? Have a seat. I'm probably here for the same reason you are. Orcs. They have the family estate under siege and locked up tighter than drum."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that." He doesn't correct her. "We just saw some orcs on the road here, me'n my friends." He waves towards the door. "Can I, um, get you something? It's nice to see you. I've said that."

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin looked around the overcrowded in and nods in agreement to Angis. "Probably so, but these people need some cheering up as well, I think. Lets see if we can't help them out. Did anyone crab a slab of that boar meat? Might thicken up the stew pretty well."

Dandin had no need of a meal himself, but he pulled out a few apples and sliced them up before mixing in the few remaining slices of his special apple into the pile and handing out apple slices randomly to everyone he could find. He did his best not to let on that some of the slices were more special than others and didn't want anyone getting upset and/or fighting over the few good ones.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
NewfieldElfwood Tavern
Afternoon
Round 0

Angis nodded to Dandin. “There’s plenty o’ tha’ boar hangin’ in the wagon,” he said. Without a proper smoker and time, they would need to eat it up soon. Right now it was just wrapped in some old sacks with some leaves to keep it as fresh as possible.

Angis retrieved the boar meat and dumped it on a table in the common room in the inn. “Lookin’ t’ sell some guid boar meat,” he announced to the crowed. “Dunnae hae time t’ prepare it properly, sae it needs t’ be et. ‘Ere’s a bit f’r the stew f’r ye all t’ eat t’night, an’ the rest can be bought. Jus’ haggle wi’ young Dandin there.” He nodded to the merchant handing out apple slices.

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Horde Breaker:
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Spells

Remove ads