D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

"I'm good, thanks," Escella says to Tommi. "Sit. Relax. I'd invite your friends to join you but not until they are done trading. Do you and your friends always travel with fresh boar meat?" Escella's words are friendly but her manner is reserved.

"What brings you to these parts?"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Lionel wandered over, carrying a large bowl of stew. He said to Esclella between mouthfulls, "Oh, hello there. I think I have seen you at the Happy Cow Tavern in Daggerford. I'm Lionel Hardcheese. We Doughty Daggerfordians are off to see if we can help Lord Darfin, at the Floshin Estate."

He swallowed some ale and added, "Of course, there seems like there might be a lotta orcs 'tween here and there. You're one of Kelson Darktreader's road-scouts, right? D'ya know a good back way in?"

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin wandered over and plopped down next to Tommi and nodded to Escella. He seems to be shinning a bew apple with a vit of cloth and smiles at the woman as he offers it up to her.

"Hi, I think I've seen you about here and there in Daggerford, but never been properly introduced! Dandin 'Applesbane' at your service!"

The halfling seems to have one eye on the stew pot line and he seems to be smiling in anticipation as he watches people walk away with their food in-hand.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi describes some of their adventures to Escella, focusing on the others and away from himself. He's pulling at the leather thong wrapped around his wrist. He's late on introductions. "Escella, this is Dandin, Lionel. That's Angis back there. And Titus, who's around somewhere as well."

He feels his back relax. "If you're heading in the same direction as us, you could probably travel with us, if you like. Another pair of eyes would be welcome." He shrugs, as an offer it wasn't much, but it was sincere.

"If you are attempting to reach the estate I will accompany you. I need to get there myself." Escella says. "But it won't be as pleasant as travel to get there. There is an army camped outside their doors. And unlike a normal orc camp, this camp has discipline, patrols, and somehow, a well defined purpose. Something is strange about that army of orcs."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Overhearing the conversation, the Falcon came over to the table and said, "I have lived in this area all of my life. Before pursuing my passion as a tavernkeeper, I was a captain of the Floshin Household Guard under Lord Elorfindar (Lord Darfin's father). At any rate, I can help you with information: I do not know the best way past the orcish invaders, but I do know a way for you to communicate with the manor-house. Perhaps Lord Darfin or his sister, Lady Shalendra, would have a suggestion. The estate has vast gardens (most of which are likely stomped to ruin by the orcs) - but at the south-end of the garden, there is a secluded pond we call the Swan's Nest, for obvious reasons. There is a small shrine by the pond - a quiet place of worship. Lord Elorfindar's mother, before she went to Evermeet, installed a device capable of communicating with the manor house. If you were to slip past the orc's pickets, you could use the device to contact the house."

Escella laughs. "I know the place he means. I don't think the orcs know of the communication device. But the garden is near the central command tent. I've not tried to get near the garden. Maybe that is possible. But if we are spotted, it will be a dangerous flight to safety from the garden."

She drinks down the mug she had been nursing. "I assume you wish to rest from you road travels tonight. Let me know when you are ready to go. I can get you within a few hundred yards of the garden. But I've not approached it closer than that."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"The chapel, then. Good." Tommi says that, as if someone else has decided his next steps, and perhaps that is a relief to him.

"Thank you," he says, looking at the Falcon but trying to encompass Escella as well. "Do you have rooms for tonight?" If so, he books one, and falls asleep before he eats dinner. As a result he wakes early, and hungry, but after a big breakfast is ready to go.
OOC: Unless of course other things are happening before that which need to be addressed.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Tommi vaguely remembered some shouting and the stomping of feet in the night. He awoke to find the common room was at least as busy as it had been the night before. The Falcon nodded to him and Lionel came over, carrying a plate of sausages. "Did you hear, Tommi?" the young halfling asked, "They repelled some orcs in the night! Sent 'em packing! The Falcon says it was just a half-hearted raid. Not a real attack. One of the men said that they 'borrowed' our cross-bow, on top of the wagon. Said it was useful, but I hope that they didn't use all our quarrels. Have a sausage!"

Remove ads