D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

Vairar washes the blood off his weapons and body, cleans the clothes as much as he can and mends the tears left by the dog and the orc. He changes to some robes and hangs round medallion around his neck. It shows a bird, a stork, flying against the white cloud on a blue field.

"Thank you, Talynen" he speaks of course in elven before turning to the companions and turning to common.
"You already met Lord Darfin if I understood the things correctly. He must be more worried than he let on earlier to sponsor an outside group. What do you know of the situation in the area? I came here to see how many warriors are needed in the future, but it seems the future already is."

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi is grateful for the offer to have his clothes cleaned. If he's honest, he doesn't wash them much, generally relying on them being sun-dried after a quic wash in the stream. He puts down his bag, and pulls off his shirt and (moderstly covering himself) his trousers. He also unpacks his bag and puts some dirty clothes in the pile.

"Um, thanks," he says with a coy smile. "My mom usually does my washing for me. Bit embarrassing really," he says, though in truth he is not embarrassed, just considers himself lucky to have a patient and understanding parent. "I've not seen her in a bit."

Tommi breathes in the air deeply. "Everything seems so fresh here," he suggests to Talynen.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
After passing through a beautifully furnished study, with a large unlit hearth, Talynen led the group to a T-shaped hallway with four guest bedrooms; two small and two large. At the foot of the T was a bathroom tiled with white and azure ceramic and adorned with floral motifs. A large ceramic tub with a brass spigot was in one of the corners and a wooden toilet stall was in the other. Sitting on a set of elegant wall shelves were several painted clay urns, bathing implements, and various fragrant soaps.

When Tommi began to undress, Talynen waved to a previously unseen elemental creature, who manifested as a small tornado and swept up Tommi's clothes and carried them off down the hallway. Talynen smiled at Tommi's embarrassment and gestured toward the bath, telling him, "Speak the words ura'nehen if you'd like your water hotter, and nieke'nehen if you would like it cooler - the tap will understand."

Then he turned to continue his conversation with Escella and Vairar, saying, "This manor has stood much as it is for a thousand years. I'd hate to be here for its destruction, but I doubt that it will come to that. We have repelled four attacks in the past tenday, but the orcs persist. Their numbers have grown beyond what we would have expected the most formidable local war-chief to ever achieve. We are still no wiser to their ultimate goal - or at least I am not, you will have to ask Lord Darfin."

"Orcs all over seem to be on an uprising," Escella says. "It bodes unwell for all." She steps into the privacy of the bath and soaks for bit. She has not seen actual combat in awhile and she is feeling a little perturbed even though she knew it was likely. Still, she is glad to find the blood, especially hers, has been removed from her clothing as she dries off and gets dressed. She dips into her back and pulls out a small vial. She dabs a bit of its contents on her wrists and rubs them together. A little floral, a little almost like honey.

The lady elf was a bit haughty. She knew her type from the circles of nobility in Daggerford. Hopefully this perfume would upset her delicate senses. She stepped back into the public area and waited for the summons to see Lord Darfin. None of her companions were out so her wait would be in silence until they were finished with their baths.

Vairar strips down fully and enjoys the bath. You can see his ears are missing, mangled burnt flesh in their place. His body is full of scars, burns and other marks of abuse. Very much NOT your typical perfect elf. And he doesn't seem to be ashamed of it.

As he catches the eye of someone looking he simply says "Orcs."

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
By the time everyone had bathed, the little elementals had returned with their garments, cleaned and repaired with fine stitching. When they had all dressed and sufficiently rested, Talynen took them down the T-shaped hallway. At the top of the T was a large window that overlooked a central garden one floor down. In the garden was a large, ancient Blueleaf Tree. The hallway turned to the north at the end of the lefthand 'bar" of the T, where Talynen passed a few closed doors. The long corridor there was adorned with portraits painted in oil on wooden planks. The portraits depicted members of the Floshin family including Darfin and his sister Shalendra, and two other male elves - according to the nameplates, Elorshin and Filvendor.

At the end of the portrait hall, Talynen opened the door to a grand sitting room. The two fireplaces of this luxurious lounge were built in blocks of opalescent marble, while the round table, shelves, and chairs were made of wood and engraved with an oak leaf design. Three leather armchairs sat in the southern part of the room. A marble bust on a stand on the west wall depicted an elf with deep, wise eyes and a receding hairline. In addition to the door in the south wall through which they entered, there were doors in the center of the eastern and western walls, while to the north was an arched window.

After a few minutes, Talynen opened the eastern door, and Lord Darfin walked through, perfectly timed.

"Hello my friends," smiled the elf lord graciously, "Angis, Dandin, and Tommi, if I remember correctly, from Sir Isteval's dinner. I see you have met Vairar."

He nodded to the cleric and then turned to Escella, "We have not met, but I welcome you to Floshin Manor. I assume that you are all here to help?"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Floshin Estates/Swan’s Nest
Late Afternoon
Round 0

Angis didn’t say much to Talynen. He never did get along well with elves anyway. When it was his turn to bathe, the dirty, smelly dwarven ranger sank gratefully into the tub. He was mostly quick and efficient in getting the road dust and blood out of his beard and hair -- all over his squat body.

When he was finished, he sank down to enjoy the hot water. It wasn’t like he could do much else until his clothes were back. Very carefully he reached for the small oilskin pouch he kept close. He’d wiped off the blood. Opening it, he withdrew a small pink, lacy handkerchief, careful not to get it wet. He held it to his nose and inhaled the lingering perfumed scent, letting back in the painful memories. He read over a few painful letters also kept carefully in the pouch. Then he put it all back and sank back into the water, considering letting it do what the orcs could not and ending the pain.

Angis was his usual grouchy self when he rejoined the others in the sitting room, now freshly bathed and clothes cleaned. Not giving a hoot for protocol, he pulled a whetstone out and started sharpening out the nicks in his axes from the battle against the orcs, returning to his normal brooding state.

Angis looked up when Lord Darfin joined them and nodded to the elven nobleman. “Sounds like yer local orc chief is on one o’ those turns those bluidy monsters take in unitin’ the tribes. Only way t’ solve tha’ is t’ cut orf the ‘ead.”

Mounted Crossbow: +6 2d6 100/400

Marauding gnolls (Ardeep Forest, noble hunting party hostage)
Orcs in the north (Harpshield Castle, Floshin Estate, Newfield)
Lizardfolk with steel weapons and armor (Rock Tower, Crom’s Hold)

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Horde Breaker:
Reaction:
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark (599r)
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14/15 (dual wield)
HP: 40/40 HD: 1/4d10+2

Bolts: 11
Bolts used:
Handaxes: 12/12

Spells
1) 2/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.

Escella
Vairar - elven cleric
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter

Vairar bows to the lord, but remains silent. He merges stitches from the clothes into repaired cloth via mending until the lord comes and than just puts them back into the backpack until they are needed again.

OOC: he is in his priestly robes at the moment

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin had a higher quality set of clothes wrapped up in an oilskin for just such occasions. Not that he didn't take care to look good at all times, including in his adventuring gear, but for soccial occasions and with a bit of preparation time he wanted to be able to dress to impress. So when he arrived, he looked ready for business. He'd even pulled out his bottle of perfume and applied just a touch behind his jaw on either side. In this instance, he'd left his armor behind, though the business tunic was cleverly designed to go well with or without armor. He felt there was no need for this neeting. The building seemed well and secure, and he wanted to show that he felt safe here.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin had a higher quality set of clothes wrapped up in an oilskin for just such occasions. Not that he didn't take care to look good at all times, including in his adventuring gear, but for soccial occasions and with a bit of preparation time he wanted to be able to dress to impress. So when he arrived, he looked ready for business. He'd even pulled out his bottle of perfume and applied just a touch behind his jaw on either side. In this instance, he'd left his armor behind, though the business tunic was cleverly designed to go well with or without armor. He felt there was no need for this neeting. The building seemed well and secure, and he wanted to show that he felt safe here.

When Lord Darfin appeared, Dandin bowed politely and was about to speak when Angis interjected. He frowned a bit in consternation as the dwarf threw protocol, and politeness out the window in one entence. Then with a sigh he returned his attention to their host.

"Thank you Lord Darfin, and we're glad to see that you're all doing well here, despite the circumstances. We hope that we can help to correct the situation.

This is Escella, we met her at the tavern where most of the refugees are holed up. She helped us find your communicatiin device. Escella, Lord Darfin."

Remove ads