D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Lionel thought that he too could sneak out to get a good vantage point on the gnolls. He followed Tommi as quiet as he could and kept his crossbow ready.

Bonus Action: Cunning action (hide) Stealth check: 1D20+4 = [13]+4 = 17
Action: Dash
Move: to about 10' behind Tommi

Does hidden creatures get advantage on attacks?

A while back...
Vairar sighs "Of course it had to be dwarves." he thinks as he introduces himself to the grizzled warrior.

As he and the orc removed themselves from the company - what a weird thought! - he worked slowly, tired after all the tribulations.
When the challenge came he nods at Lunn
"It seems you and I are again together. Don't run off. If you will hold them away, I can use Shatterpike. Otherwise I'd take the shield too."

Vairar looks over the monsters calling out, but doesn't show himself, reviewing the spells left to him.

OOC: I'll assume Lunn confirms he will be in the breach :D @Neurotic
Also, I'm still owing some redesign due to errata, I'll write a proposal by the end of the week

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The oversized hyena turned in circles down by the old road, growing impatient. Lunn and Vairar followed the foundation, staying low, until they were hunkered down in a pile of stones near where a grand entrance had once stood. Lionel joined Tommi under the tree out front, where they could see the gnolls slowly creeping forward, searching for targets among the rubble.

Escella knew the place well, and she moved to a spot where she had a wide-range of vision, and yet could not be seen from down by the road. This proved fortunate, as she heard some rustling in the undergrowth behind the lodge, and counted three gnolls moving toward them from behind, hidden deep in the shadows of the growing darkness.

OOC: No one attacked, including the gnolls, this round, so I'll roll it forward. Feel free to post any questions in the OOC.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Encounter: Doughty Daggerfordians vs Gnolls at Nandar Lodge
NandarLodge2.jpg

(General Features) Difficult Terrain: Trees, Rocks, Water; Visibility: Dim (Dusk), Dark under trees; Cover: Walls, Rocks
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Dornuk AC18* HP 53/71 HD 0/6 PP14* MA 3/3 BM 3/3 dc15
Escella AC14 HP 20/33 HD 0/6 PP18 SS 4/4 3/3 2/2 SP 5/5
Helgrim AC19 HP 58/58 HD 0/6 PP11* SD 0/5d8 dc15
Lionel AC16 HP 51/51 HD 4/6 PP14
Tommi AC14 HP 37/39 HD 3/6 PP17
Vairar AC18*(20*) HP 29/45 HD 1/6 PP13* SS 2/4 1/3 1/3
(NPCs)
Oh-Six AC13(18) HP 22/22 HD 4/4 PP15(20)* Shock+5,1d8; SS 2/3 fly60'
Name * AC * HP * PP * (Notes)
(BGs)
"Flind" AC14 HP65/65 PP10*
Hyena "Worg" AC13 HP27/27 PP12*
Gnolls AC14 HP22ea PP9*
-Gn1 22/22; Gn2 22/22;
-Gn3 22/22; Gn4 22/22;
GM: End Round One; Begin Round Two

Escella Bok
AC 14; HP 20/33; HD 0/1d8 0/5d6 PP18 SS 4/4 3/3 2/2 SP 2/5

Escella moves to n15 and casts Darkness in that spot using 3 sorcery points, 2 to enable her to see through the darkness and 1 to cast the spell silently and gesturelessly. As she walks past Helgrim she whispers, "Two gnolls and a flind are coming from that direction."

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Lionel, who haven't yet noticed the gnolls behind him, whispers to Tommi; If you take the right archer then I will take the left one. Let's fire at the same time. On three, Lionel let the bolt fly and, in the dim light, he could see that it hits the gnoll. The knoll was badly injured but was still standing.
Quickly, Lionel moved to another tree further south and tried to hide behind it. The tree was small but so was he, too.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi's eyes go wide -- he's nowhere near close enough to hit anything with his sling, and he's shaking his head no as Lionel fires. Suddenly desperate, he charges three stones, and moves to where he can lob one of them at the target Lionel just hit.

OOC: BOnus action: Magic Stone (3 stones left).
Lionel has just attacked AJ23 (I think). Tommi can't get SA on either right now, so he will
Move to Y20 (where he'll be able to be seen), and then
Attack AJ23 as well (range 60', no SA): 1d20+7=25 HIT damage=1d6+4=9 killing it, I believe.

Tommi is not hiding now

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Nodding to Escella as the magical darkness passes him by, Helgrim smiles tightly. Ah yes, these are certainly capable adventurers; young and inexperienced, but working together and utilising their strengths.

He laughs when he hears a gnoll get hit by something -- a bolt, and a pebble, possibly? -- and the battle is on.

Counting on the others to take the lead, Helgrim instead turns back to where the flind and the other two gnolls are, hoping to catch them off guard in their poor attempt at an ambush. While moving up to where Escella just came down from, the old dwarf produces his heavy crossbow and when he's in position, he spots one of the gnolls and fires a bolt at it.

OOC: Move to where Escella was (m22?), shoot heavy crossbow at the closest gnoll (g27):
1D20+3 = [14]+3 = 17
1D10 = [9] = 9 piercing damage

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases