Pathfinder 1E [IC] - TIDERULER OF MARAN

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Near Maran
Night
Round 0

Morgrym glared back at the giant orc, warning her to try him. He was a dwarf, by the gods! No orc would outdo him!

Then he held the blade aloft. He couldn’t help but admire the fine craftsmanship, the glint of the steel in the moonlight, and then the sudden glow of the blade. It certainly got the wyverns attention!

“Aye, yuir soul will be free once we kill yeh, yeh great, bluidy lizard!” Morgram cried back, shoving the blade back into the sheath inside of his armor and picking up his battle axe once more, even as a colorfully robed figure joins the fray to blast at the wyvern.

Initiative: 1D20+3 = [3]+3 = 6

OOC: Morgrym still has his Entangle spell up, so anything on the ground should be making saves to get slowed.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 38/39 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 15 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 7 Ref: 2 Will: 7 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
Storm Burst 6/7/day

Conditions: Barkskin: +2 AC (290/300r); Entangle (23/30r)

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1. Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Entangle*, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Barkskin*, Flaming Sphere*, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
[/sblock]

HAGADARK

[Ok, after a bit of number-crunching, she gets twelve levels from the carnage, plus one she had before. I'm assuming you'd either focus fire or kill weaker enemies, the result being capped basically on account of available time. You can decide what spells she'll use. Just remember to consider the casting time. She's under your control, as all other orcs. She won't, however, engage in physical combat, no matter what happens.]

OOC: Let's say it is 10 levels, I need a round or two buffing once wyvern comes. And I need to see what spells to use. Neurotics list has one nice power word :) But I have tanglefoot bag that can bring down a flier. Full post a bit later

What is the type of the captains surrounding the wyvern? Humanoid? Would they be vulnerable to Hold Person (rather than Hold Monster?)
One other question: how heavy was the idol? Could we simply be taking it with us? At some point we send hunters away and I remain with the party.

Preparation round 1:
move: retrieve tanglefoot bag and hold it in hand
standard: drink enlarge extract

Preparation round 2:
move: retrieve mutagen and hold it in hand
standard: ready tanglefoot bag to throw when wyvern gets in range

[roll0]

Last edited:

Archon Basileus

First Post

INITIATIVE ORDER

SHAY 23
WYVERN 22
HAGADARK 18
WARLORD MAGES 11
WARLORD CAPTAINS 7
MORGRYM 6
MARIUS 4

[@MetaVoid, both orc party and Mhuagra act at the same time you do!]

Shay's attack hits the beast, enraging it! The wyvern's eyes shine in the dark as it roars violently, shaking the ground beneath it! The creature does not turn to the mage, though! Resolved, it charges against the blade's holder! It flaps a pair of huge wings as it flies by the group, aiming straight at Morgrym! It's claws are open as it attempts to grab the dwarf and fly away with him! With tremendous strength and agility, the creature dives through Morgrym's vines, ripping them appart as they fail to entangle it's legs, and brings the dwarf up by the shoulders, flying some 15 feet upwards before he can escape! The beast roars in triumph, defying the other warriors!

Lured in by Marius' alerts, three groups of saurians appear from the shadows! They seem eager to reach the dwarf, despite the Wyvern's precise strike and sudden abduction! Whether they're more willing to fight the companions or each other remains a mystery!

THE EASTERN GUARDIAN - WYVERN

One of the draconian servants of the Black King, linked to the Enslaver by ancient pacts.

[sblock]

AC 19
HP ???
ATTACK +7
CMB +12 (+16)
CMD +23

FORT +9
REF +6
WILL +8

[/sblock]

WARLORD CAPTAIN

Leaders of the Black King armies in this plane of existence, these lizardmen employ dual-wielding techniques to fight their foes.

[sblock]

AC 16
HP 30
ATTACK +4
CMB +7
CMD +14

FORT +7
REF +2
WILL +3

[/sblock]

WARLORD MAGE

Belonging to a fire-worship cult of ascetic snake-mages, they employ elemental powers to attack their enemies, leading the armies of the Black King in this world.
[sblock]

AC 13
HP 18
ATTACK +2
CMB +4
CMD +6

FORT +4
REF +2
WILL +7

Spells: elemental spell attacks and a few defensive spells.
[/sblock]

MAP UPDATED

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet..._nqispO67s2ZXLunqhdY4dnNwI/edit#gid=572290431

@Neurotic @KahlessNestor @MetaVoid @Shayuri

[Ok, so I got Shay's damage on the beast. After a few nasty rolls, it has Morgrym within it's claws. I also rolled a second initiative for the orcs, but it turns out it would be simpler - and better to you - if you guys move them in Hagadark's initiative. I've ID'ed the warriors and mages with WC and MC tags in the map.]

Hagadark follows the path of the wyvern timing his throw in attempt to ensnare the beast before reaching the people he was sent to retrieve. Even with the distance, he manages to hit the creature, but it's great strength and awkward angle of the attack only partially blocks one wing.

[sblock=Orcish]
"Klutha, get among those three! Get the last one! Ho-og! Charge the one furthest away and protect our archers from those with the weapons."
[/sblock]

The orcs move immediately, any doubt about Hagadark ability to lead them dispelled by the favor of the ancient spirit and easy victory against giant sorceress.

After shouting his instructions and orcs moving out of his way, Hagadark runs after the wyvern. He could help his hunters by throwing a bomb, but at this moment not losing the dagger was a priority. Noticing the dwarves near the casters at the last moment he tries to divert them toward the snakes.
"Dwarves, the wyvern is gone. Get those snakes!"

Unfortunately, turning back at the last moment ruins his aim even after so big a target. He isn't used to throwing the flasks upward.

Those watching might be interested to see big burly orc looking as a dumb fighter and still bloody from enemy blood he drank smile at shamans antics and failure before it gestures in unmistakable sign of spellcasting. As would be expected from such an idiot, there is no effect.

OOC:
I was thinking of phantasmal killer to 1 shot the wyvern, but I have no idea what DC are we talking about and besides, party will not get distracted by sidekicks.

I feel this was very unfortunate turn for me, with all the rolls going on the enemy side :(

[sblock=Actions]
Free speech for dwarves: not sure about skill in combat, ignore if it is not free
Diplomacy for the dwarves: 1D20+2 = [14]+2 = 16

Readied attack: Tanglefoot bag at the wyvern at full 2 range increments (AD 14): 1D20+6-4 = [10]+6-4 = 12 - enlarged lowers my dex, but still hits by one :) even better if it flew in direct line which would put it essentially directly above the orcs.

Wyvern: Ref DC 15 to remain flying: 1D20+6 = [18]+6 = 24 :(
Wyvern is at -2 attack, -4 dexterity and moves at half-speed - regardless of save for Tanglefoot bag duration: 2D4 = [4, 4] = 8 rounds
THIS IS BEFORE IT ATTACKS MOURGRYM!!

Move: to AF16-AG17 (takes OA from AD16)
WC AD 16 vs Hagadark AC 17: 1D20+4 = [15]+4 = 19 - of course it hits; damage?

Standard: Cold bombs; cold damage; : 1D20+6-2 = [2]+6-2 = 6; 2D6+6 = [1, 4]+6 = 11 - really?! MISS

Orc Archers against Z18 MC
Archers vs Z18 MC AC: 1D20 = [12] = 12
1D20 = [9] = 9
- one probable hit, another questionable (cover?)

Klutha moves between the casters targeting the one behind. Is it possible to stand on the boulder between them AA 18? If not or she has not enough move attack AA 19 from AB 18
Move: AB 18 or AA 18
Klutha vs Z18 MC: 1D20 = [9] = 9
if she moves up the boulder
w: 1D20+8 = [16]+8 = 24 <-- auto corrected, should be +2 WC OA for total of 18 (of course)
Ho-og
Move:
Ho-og vs AB 15: 1D20 = [12] = 12

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Archon Basileus

First Post
EDIT: after grabbing Morgrym, the beast breaks Morgrym's entangling branches, but gets caught by the tanglefoot bag! It holds Morgrym firmly as it attempts to free itself, cursing Hagadark for his trick!

[Ok, the grapple still happens, even with the penalties. But it gets stuck, and boy does it get stuck! Also, where did you throw the cold bombs?I'll use the 1d8 clock roll to determine where it did land in the end!]

OOC:
I threw the bombs at its rear end at its original position. This close, the bomb would go to AI 13 to avoid hitting Arvana. Except I can exclude up to 4 creatures from the bomb effect and guess who those people will be :)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Marius flings his small weapon perfectly as the wyvern grabs Mourgrym, small star bursting under the wing. But the next flap of the wing smothers the fire leaving only blackened spot instead of wing in flames.

He slides next to the wyvern trying to free Mourgrym, but the trashing of the captured creature spoil his aim.

OOC: I'm at work so I cannot see the map - if the wyvern is close enough for 5' step and full attack, Maruis misses. If not, ignore the flurry (attack2 and damage2) and use first roll with +2 (should hit for 10 +1fire damage)
DM: Or re-roll the attack

[sblock=Actions]
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Confirmed due to retrain
Total: 4 phsysical and 6 fire damage
Ref save to keep burning passed (21)

Flurry of misses and wasted elemental fist
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Archon Basileus

First Post
The beast is set loose once more, flying upwards as it holds the druid! It reaches almost 15 feet as soon as it takes the hit, but it seems mostly unscathed by Marius' attacks!

[Ok, I'm counting the first attack and correcting the roll to the one made by @
MetaVoid; the Wyvern is on the loose, increasing height once more!]

The archers manage to harm one of the Yuan-ti mages, but marginally. One of the arrows break against the stones that obscure his image, while the other goes for his chest, staining his robes in dark blood! The creature prepares a response, but Klutha's sword descends as she leaps to the boulder and attacks! She splits the creature's head in two, bringing her down in a single, potent strike! Shortly after, Hagadark's misguided bomb

To the same effect, Ho-og is able to cut deep, forcing the mage to curl in agony, as it hisses and bleeds! The mage intones a chant and responds with a scorching ray, trying to burn the orc, but he jumps to the left and evades the beam of fire!

Further north, a lizardman begins to speak in impossible languages, while the other, startled by the first, attacks mercilessly, trying to slay him! He swings twice, but only the first attack cuts the creature, drawing little blood but enraging the other creature, that intensifies it's odd cursing!

Two warriors swing their swords against Hagadark, maddened by the sheer size of the creature! They swing frantically, but only one attack is able to slash him on his arm [4 points of damage].

The Yuan-ti do not seem eager to retreat! Two of them cast scorching rays against Klutha, and while one of them explodes the fire to the skies, the other one targets her with perfection! Despite her skill, she can't dodge the move, slipping around the boulder and receiving the burns from the ray! She screams in rage and pain as her sword rises, ready to fight!

The last Yuan-ti moves forward, raising powder and brimstone from a pouch. As he recites the words, the companions know what to expect. Seconds later, a huge flame sphere manifests right on top of Hagadark! They seem to consider the shaman a threat, probably on account of his size!

[Ok, @MetaVoid, reflex roll! :D]

In response to the heroes' pleas, a few dwarves join the fight, attacking the mages!Their success is limited, but they manage to bruise and corner the snakes through the south.

@Neurotic @KahlessNestor @MetaVoid @Shayuri

[Also, @Shayuri, for simple reference I placed Shay in the back, as requested. Feel free to move her if you wish!]

THE EASTERN GUARDIAN - WYVERN

One of the draconian servants of the Black King, linked to the Enslaver by ancient pacts.
[sblock]

AC 19
HP ???
ATTACK +7
CMB +12 (+16)
CMD +23

FORT +9
REF +6
WILL +8
[/sblock]

WARLORD CAPTAIN

Leaders of the Black King armies in this plane of existence, these lizardmen employ dual-wielding techniques to fight their foes.

[sblock]
AC 16
HP 30
ATTACK +4
CMB +7
CMD +14

FORT +7
REF +2
WILL +3

[/sblock]

WARLORD MAGE

Belonging to a fire-worship cult of ascetic snake-mages, they employ elemental powers to attack their enemies, leading the armies of the Black King in this world.

[sblock]

AC 13
HP 18
ATTACK +2
CMB +4
CMD +6

FORT +4
REF +2
WILL +7

Spells: elemental spell attacks and a few defensive spells.

[/sblock]

ORC FIGHTER

Members of Hagadark's hunting party, they employ heavy weapons to close combat.

[sblock]

AC 17
HP 42

ATTACK +6
DMG: 1D10+4
CMB +9
CMD +12

FORT +7
REF +5
WILL +2

[/sblock]

ORC ARCHER

Members of Hagadark's hunting party, they use short bows to wear of their prey.

[sblock]

AC 17
HP 42

ATTACK +6
DMG 1D6+4
CMB +9
CMD +12

FORT +7
REF +5
WILL +2

[/sblock]

TUGG-MHUAGRA - BLOOD LEVEL = 7

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
The beast is set loose once more, flying upwards as it holds the druid! It reaches almost 15 feet as soon as it takes the hit, but it seems mostly unscathed by Marius' attacks!

OOC: Can Marius attack before it goes out of reach or I need to grab it's tail/leg/Mourgrym to bring it down? :)
Jump? But unless tail or something is below 15' he has no chance of reaching it
Acrobatics high jump: 1D20+8 = [4]+8 = 12 - use this if it is < 15' - not sure how high this is, but probably not high enough :(

To the same effect, Ho-og is able to cut deep, forcing the mage to curl in agony, as it hisses and bleeds! The mage intones a chant and responds with a scorching ray, trying to burn the orc, but he jumps to the left and evades the beam of fire!
OOC: Ranged attack in melee should provoke OA unless 5' step is done.

Remove ads