• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

PF [IC] - TIDERULER OF MARAN

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Nerath Wall/Long Return
Morning
Round 0

Morgrym eyed the haggling dwarf and halfling and their mushrooms, studying their magic auras. When the other halfling approached them, Morgrym didn’t even really look at him as he maintained his study.

“Who’re those?” he asked, gesturing to the two hagglers.

OOC: Morgrym will try and do the 3 round study to get all the information from Detect Magic.


[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 59/59 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 16 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 8 Ref: 2 Will: 8 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA; +4 v fey and plant effects)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions: Detect Magic (49r)

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Goodberry, Produce Flame [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Communal Endure Elements, Ironskin, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)][/sblock]
 

Shayuri

Villager
Shayuri hung back a little and glanced around the cavernous mushroom marketplace. Though she could retrace the steps that had led them all here, it was still hard to convince the itch in her fingers that this would somehow lead further along towards her path. Was it all a distraction?

But then again, she was in too deep to stop now. Alone she'd be too vulnerable now...and surely they could accomplish more together than she could alone.

Morgrym had cast a spell, and there was a peculiar intensity to his stare. Perhaps she could confer with him once they had a quiet moment and see what he'd seen...
 
EVERYONE

Marius stays out of sight and nearby the halfling as planned.

[Perfectly possible, especially after those rolls!]

“Who’re those?” he asked, gesturing to the two hagglers.
"Oh, them... Willy Lomax and Tessa. She's one o'our best, I tell ya! Learned a great deal from her! Willy's a... local merchant o' sorts. He brings us stuff we need in exchange for a cut on our special crops..." - the halfling gestures towards the box. "If you wanna take a look, I can bring ya some!"

Watching from afar Morgrym already understands the nature of the deals: both Willy and Tessa employ bartering charms, using magic to sweeten deals and smooth the talk. Between them, the mushrooms hold natural properties themselves: the batch they're negotiating seems to increase perception and create illusions, all at once... They could certainly be used in interesting alchemic experiments...

The youth pulls a couple of mushrooms and waves them in front of the group.

"Smell this... Bet you ain't finding better or fresher anywhere in these parts!" - he smiles. "Delivers one heck uffa punch when you mix it with mead! Willy himself could tell ya more. He's been using stuff from the manor along with his beverage. His wagons sell all over the valley these days! I guess he got a little sumthin-sumthin up there, if ya ask me... But then again, everyone's happier for it!"
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Nerath Wall/Long Return
Morning
Round 0

Seeing that the magic on the two hagglers was benign, Morgrym turned his attention to the mushroom the young dwarf had given him. He turned it in his hand to determine what kind it was and what properties it had, keeping in mind what he said about mixing it with mead.

Nature: 1D20+9 = [16]+9 = 25

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 59/59 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 16 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 8 Ref: 2 Will: 8 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA; +4 v fey and plant effects)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions: Detect Magic (49r)

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Goodberry, Produce Flame [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Communal Endure Elements, Ironskin, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)][/sblock]
 

Shayuri

Villager
Shayuri sighs and goes to Morgrym.

"Not to be a spoilsport, but is this really important enough to take time on?"
 
EVERYONE

A quick study of the mushrooms is enough to determine its nature. It's a potent hallucinogen, bearing intensified effects when mixed up with any sort of alcohol. A toadstool might buzz even a dwarf, let alone a weaker creature, such as a halfling. the thing can be addictive, if used incorrectly and for extended periods of time. It also seems that a number of religious cults has taken to use these mushrooms in order to achieve a peculiar sort of apotheosis.


[System-wise, eating one of these randomly leads the person to be affected by blindness/deafness/silent image/ghost sound/hypnotic pattern. It holds 10% chance of bestowing the user with detect thoughts. Effects last for a full round, leading the user to 1d4 hours of 'hangover'.]


"Sooo... You ok there?" - he asks Morgrym, glancing at the group right afterwards. "You... Look like the sort that might be in need of some help, I reckon." - slowly, he begins to pay attention to the ragged band that follows the heroes. "Say, where did you come from, again?" - he goes to the stall, reaching out for a small cage underneath it. From his position, Marius sees that the cage holds a small lizard in a collar. No larger than his forearm,, the creature seems to have a pair of well-developed hind legs, made for leaping and running. The collar as well seems prepared to lodge small messages.

The halfling eyes the weapons and the ragged state of the servants. He motions for the group to remain in silence. "You keep that sample, sir... Taste it later on and you'll realize it's high quality!" - he rolls a small piece of parchment through his fingers, placing it within the beast's collar as he releases it. The small creature leaps from the cage onto the floor, and bolts off towards the fields.

The halfling goes on, showing samples and negotiating loosely. Arvana accompanies Morgrym, feeding the duo with small talk here and there. Soon enough, a new pair of halflings arrive - young and old female. Both are clad in light clothes, decorating their bodies in strange pattern tattoos and strange bead collars and bracelets.


[Ok, group roll. Anyone willing to engage in conversation can help disguise the odd encounter as a simple purchase. Roll Bluff, please. At least one of you has to roll. Arvana only supports the roll. :)]

"Ow, here they are! Belara will be mostly glad to show ya'll 'round!" - he excuses himself and marches towards the dwarf and the halfling in the adjacent stall, making an active effort to block anyone's sight towards the heroes.

The old woman smiles. Silently, she gestures for the group to follow her.

As soon as the group walks a bit into the plantation, she starts talking, softly and patiently.

"So, you're the cause of all the noise around, hm?" - she smiles, while the young halfling remains silent. "Dram's men came here earlier, asking for an orc shaman, a traveling dwarf, a pair of hooded women and a shifty monk. There's more, and then there's less, I see." - she motions towards the band. "I can offer shelter, if you come with me. And then we can discuss what in the blazes Dram wants with you." - she points forward as the group enters the plantation.



[Ok, Marius's still hidden, of course. The others are quite visible. You're just a few steps into the plantation, away from curious eyes. You can still leave, if you want to,or make special preparations before you move on, if you so choose. Belara and her young companion will lead the party, if you choose to follow them. Oh, the group can also grab samples from the stall before leaving. Also, everyone, please, roll Sense Motive. :)]

[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Nerath Wall/Mushroom caves
Morning
Round 0

Bluff: 1D20-3 = [17]-3 = 14
Sense Motive: 1D20+5 = [11]+5 = 16

Morgrym slipped the mushroom into his pouch and eyed the man as he released the lizard warily. “An’ jus’ wot’s yer relationship with Dram?” he asked as the two female halflings arrived. The offer of shelter could be helpful, so he figured they might as well check it out.

“There a way out of these caves other than the way we came in?” Morgrym asked. It would be helpful in case Dram’s goons showed up. But then that lizard could have been sent to summon them, too.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 59/59 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 16 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 8 Ref: 2 Will: 8 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA; +4 v fey and plant effects)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions: Detect Magic (49r)

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Goodberry, Produce Flame [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Communal Endure Elements, Ironskin, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)][/sblock]
 

Shayuri

Villager
With a sigh Shayuri moved along with the others. Though she didn't seem wholly on board with this 'distraction' one couldn't fault her for not giving the 'innocent transaction' play her all...she was quite animated in her haggling and inspecting wares.

Of course, all that came at a certain cost. It was hard to concentrate on reading others when focused on the performance.

[roll0] Bluff
[roll1] Sense Motive
 

Advertisement

Top