• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

PF [IC] - TIDERULER OF MARAN

MetaVoid

Explorer
OOC: One more thing you could be clearer about is that Arvana is still inside. For the zombies, I don't care. For a group member? Much more. This was what remained in my memory, but I just re-read that part in whole: "Arvana remains behind with the rest of the group - she leaves last" - and yes, she remains inside.



Hagadark risks giving away their position by shouting. It is even better if they look for them instead of looking in the cabin. Oozes aren't something Dram needs right now.
"Arvana, mists are all around, go! We'll find you!"

[sblock=Draconic]
"Marius, get the girls!"[/sblock]

He keeps moving away, but keeps in his hands mutagen and fire flask, ready to blast or fight as needed.
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
Marius slips back into the house and opens the door. "We need to move now! Go to your right and move as fast as you can. When you get out of the mist you may encounter additional enemies. But they are focused on the rest of the group right now. Move!" he commands in harsh whisper. "I will be right behind you for until we leave the mists then I'm going forward. Don't worry if you don't see me. Just keep going." He pushes Ariana out and beckons the oozes forward "Come, come. You will be fed soon, try not to kill your hosts."

As is usual for him, he essentially disappears into the mists as soon as he steps out of the door.

OOC: bodyguard on whoever steps out of the door and then on the last one of the group.
OA anything that comes within 10' if he notices it


[sblock=Actions]
Move: enter the house
Free: open the door
Free: Speech
Move: hide in the mists and follow the group
Stealth: 1D20+10 = [19]+10 = 29 - if they move faster than 40' (likely if they take double move) than the result is 24 (-5 stealth for movement > 1/2 my move)
[/sblock]
 
@MetaVoid, yup, Arvana remained within. Given that you were detected, she couldn't leave in time. You still have her, the girls and the zombies inside.]

MORGRYM/HAGADARK

As both the dwarf and the half-orc move away from the battlefield, they turn over their shoulders. Screams fill the mist area as combat unfolds against the creatures. No one followed suit, though. They can hide around and wait for the others or they can move on, at their leisure.


[Ok, you can go as far as 120' to the east, if you so choose. If you want to hide and wait for the others, please, roll stealth. Either way, roll perception - DC10. For the time being, I'll consider you just don't see Shay. When Shayuri returns, he can patch up from where he left.]



MARIUS


Back at the cottage, Marius manages to bring the others outside, one by one, as he protects them. Arvana's the first to leave, quickly pacing beyond and exhorting the others to do the same. She's closely followed by the girls and three of the four ooze zombies. The group manage to escape between the barrels and the crates, running towards east as they go, but right after that a trio of orcs - the same greens that shot Hagadark and Morgrym moments ago - arrive at the street, immediately engaging one of the spiders!


[Going east demands passing through an occupied tile or moving over the crates - a mandatory acrobatics roll either way.]


To make matters worse, fortune does not smile upon the last zombie and the captured rogue, since the alchemist on the roof falls down, crashing over an old chest, fighting madly against one of the spiders! Now the path outside is blocked!

From inside, Marius overhears the sound of ruffling, hurried steps! Soon after, he overhears the sound of planks being broken and tore apart, as if someone decided to claw his way outside through the front of the house!


[Ok, Arvana, the girls and three zombies left. Arvana's hidden down the alley, poking at the battle. The others fled. The zombies are quite slow, running at half speed. Still, this is enough for them to remain beyond reach. Inside, there's still one zombie and the rogue prisoner apprehended during the gang fight. Odds are he's trying to go through the barred windows or through the front door, now. Shay's currently nowhere to be seen, as I mentioned above. :)]

MAP UPDATED

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ohpx69gze-vTix7UWR1_0lLuSIW-xY1uiylvS0NDmnM/edit


@Neurotic @KahlessNestor @Shayuri @MetaVoid
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
Marius makes as if he will go after Alana and the girls...but hesitates. Pivoting quickly on his back leg, powerful kick swishes next to the alchemist and kicks the spider up in the air. Leg comes down as the former supporting leg snaps forward, hitting spiders center of mass. The sad, squiling sound comes from the dying creature as its legs curl inward.

"Remember that I could have left you to its clutches, enforcer. Help your people and let us pass or none of you will live to tell Dram about this."

Marius pulls the zombie out and pushes it eastward, protecting it with his own body, confident in his ability to turn arrows away and to avoid blows. From inside, the spirits stir as their charge defends the defenseless again


[sblock=Actions]
Attack vs Spider; damage; Attack vs Spider; damage: 1D20+8+4 = [19]+8+4 = 31
1D6+8 = [6]+8 = 14
1D20+8+4 = [18]+8+4 = 30
1D6+6 = [3]+6 = 9
- Total 22 damage
OOC: attack bonuses assume both combatants are prone, but with 19 and 18 I hit regardless.

Move: with zombie moving only 20', I think it can get to the square just left of the spider with Marius one square down on the line between the archer and the zombie. So, this round: move out of the house (difficult terrain over the spider corpse and one square east.

Next round: move east toward the spider, attack if needed, but expecting the command to let us pass in which case we go double move eastward.
[/sblock]
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Nerath Wall/Long Return
Morning
Round 3

“Bluidy ‘ell. Where are they?” Morgrym grumbled. “Why ain’t they followin’?” The dwarven druid ducked behind some crates to wait for the rest of the party. He’d done what he could to mask their escape. They just needed to get out of there!

Stealth: 1D20-1 = [9]-1 = 8

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action: Hide
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 59/59 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 16 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 8 Ref: 2 Will: 8 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA; +4 v fey and plant effects)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions:

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Goodberry, Produce Flame [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Communal Endure Elements, Ironskin, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)][/sblock]
 
EVERYONE

The alchemist looks up to Marius, with a confused and thankful glance. Around him, screams fill the air as the monk leaves with the zombie within grasp.

"WAIT!" - the alchemist screams. "Dram won't let you go. He' shut the cave gates, and he's closed the Valley! He wants you dead - especially the shaman! Seek Belara at the mushroom fields! She'll help you!" - with that, he rises, preparing a bomb to help his fellow enforcers! "Good luck" - he cries out, still dazzled by Marius' action, and returns to the fight.

[Ok, roll perception DC-15 to find a way east without a fight. If Marius fails, roll an attack!]

Meanwhile, both druid and shaman wait, expecting for any sign of their allies. The mists hide them consistently, and nothing comes out for a few agonizing seconds.


[Ok, I need that perception roll for both Morgrym and Hagadark - DC-10. Also, I need Hagadark's stealth roll.]

[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
Barely passed. I was hoping for 'let them pass ' order, but this is better.
We pass and have some info.

Now the rest of you, start mythicking or we will have trouble fighting... We're without heavy fighter :)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
 
Last edited:
EVERYONE


[OOC: everyone for their hyde, now! No orders, no stepping aside. :p]


Marius pulls the zombie forward. A few feet beyond, Arvana commands the others towards Morgrym and Hagadark's assumed position.

The group almost passes by the druid and the shaman, but the duo's capable of finding them at the edge of the mists. Reunited, the fugitives look a lot like a small mob: four shamblers, four refugees and the five heroes. This will surely make it a lot harder to pass unnoticed....

"Where to?" - Arvana's only question is followed by a concerned glancing around.

The heroes notice that the mists and the spiders have warned more pursuers. They're moving fast towards the abandoned house! One or two can even be seen tumbling down a nearby street to meet their companions! For now, this should be more than enough for them to slide away, but soon enough the size of the group will become a hindrance, to say the least.

"We can find the other refugees in the back caves..." - one of the dwaven maidens say, as an alternative to the mushroom fields, mentioned by the apprentice to Marius.

@Neurotic @KahlessNestor @Shayuri @MetaVoid
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
"Drams man risked a lot to point us toward the mushroom fields. You will be fairly safe, just don't get caught in another scheme for dangerous men. Find honest men, hard working men and help each other protect your communities. Fight if you need to, there is nothing to say that women cannot be powerful - you don't need to strike hardest in order to strike most dangerously" Marius points to women in their group.

He looks around meeting the eyes of the girls and catching sight of the zombies.
"Mourgrym, how fast can you cast your spell? We have hungry mouths here."
Turning back toward the girls
"Ladies, do you know where the caves are? Would you dare go there by yourselves? Anyone knows what mushroom fields are and where they are? Let's move while we talk." He keeps goind eastwards away from the pursuing group.
 
EVERYONE

Stealthily, the group moves around, avoiding the occasional search parties that still appear here and there.

"Ladies, do you know where the caves are? Would you dare go there by yourselves? Anyone knows what mushroom fields are and where they are? Let's move while we talk."
The feistier one responds almost immediately, in a secretive tone that adds nothing to situation, but denounces her own fear and weariness.


"The mushroom caves are in the back of this cave complex. They were the reason the settlers chose to dig and build here. Part of the mushrooms have been tamed by Belara's mentor with his druid powers, years ago. She's the main caretaker there. If Belara's willing to have us, we'll be safe. Everyone knows the place, but no one crosses her. Not there, anyway."

[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]
 

Shayuri

Villager
Perception and Stealth in that order: 1d20+5 17 1d20+4 7

As the crew made their escape, they saw the dragon-blooded woman Shayuri waving at the frantically as she ran to catch up from a block over. It was good fortune she spotted them after being separated in the fog, but stealth was well and truly out the window in her haste to rejoin the companions.

"Ah there you all are! I thought I'd lost you in that fog!"
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Nerath Wall/Long Return
Morning
Round 4

“Wherever we’re gaein’, we need t’ gae noo,” Morgrym said. “I c’n cast as I gae.” He pulled out one of his rations and dug out some dried berries. Palming them, the murmured some words of blessing.

Goodberry: 2D4 = [1, 4] = 5

“There,” he said. “Tha’s wot I c’n dae f’r t’day,” he said, handing over the five berries.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action: Hide
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 59/59 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 16 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 8 Ref: 2 Will: 8 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA; +4 v fey and plant effects)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions:

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Goodberry, Produce Flame [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Communal Endure Elements, Ironskin, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)][/sblock]
 

MetaVoid

Explorer
"That is actually great, we get to escort you there and at the same time check the caves we were pointed to. Assuming of course this is not just Drams contingency in case his killers fail." Hagadark is not enthusiastic about going once again blindly after the group. Especially since his original contract included bringing them here without knowing what's up.
 
EVERYONE

As Morgrym casts his spell, the zombies glance hypnotically towards the berries. they swallow the things almost immediately, still a bit incredulous, but as soon as the fruits kick in, they glance back at the druid with an odd expression.

"Good fruit. Good fruit! You made the good fruit, yes?" - one of them inquires as the heroes go along, eagerly seeking confirmation.

The group moves forward, attempting to avoid any patrols as best as possible. Here and there, they have the impression that their advances have been spotted, as if they were followed somehow, but as they glance around, they can't truly find anything to blame for it. On the contrary, their awareness is sufficient to keep them away from anyone's sight, and Dram's searching parties walk around unaware of the heroes' exact location...

The town in the caves spread out through a set of three main chambers, all of which are organized in well-mannered blocks and cozy homes. Here and there, the smell of fresh food is complemented by busy steps, children's voices, cart's wheel's and animal sounds.

After several minutes, the heroes manage to reach the mushroom fields. Hidden in the back of the caves, three chambers of impressive size house a wood of mushrooms, which spreads literally everywhere - floor, walls and roof. The fungi range from a few inches to several feet in size, growing in all colors and types. Amidst them, a perpetual row of workers keep busy, tending to the fungi as they grow and harvesting from chosen paths. On the walls and up above, engineered platforms and contraptions allow workers to get to the most stubborn exemplars, tending to the upside-down section of the farm.

Carts of a strange type of manure are brought in, while some workers spread it around, throughout selected areas. In the back, a few barns seem quite alive with cart traffic as well, as aurochs come and go, pulling cars filled with bottles of a strange glue. A line of greenhouses protect a peculiar combination of plants, from which no doubt all sorts of substances are gathered. Stubs and animal corpses won't be far as well, readily producing necrotic fungi for consumption.

A few encampments have been prepared around large tables. There, fungi are traded and workers take their rest.

One encampment in particular guards the entrance to this underworld set of valleys. The table nearby serves a group of tired workers that just climbed from the plantations, while another team prepares to go down the stone-and-sand path, reaching out for their tools and filling up a cart with bags of manure. Around the same table, a halfling girl tries to close a deal as she avidly discusses prices with two old dwarven peddlers. In the back, and old dwarf woman scolds a well-dressed dwarf gentleman, going on about corpses and fungi needs as he refuses to give her any credit.


[Ok, you reach the mushroom farms without further incident. The entrance is large enough so you can avoid being detected. You can go down towards the plantations without having to talk to anyone. the area you occupy is a bit above the thick of the three main halls, allowing you to map the area, despite the gloomy environment. Points of interest: the barns in the distance, from where most of the glue and manure's being handled; the encampments, set around large tables and housing workers and merchandise; the greenhouses; the closest table in particular, where the aforementioned debates take place.]

[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Nerath Wall/Long Return
Morning
Round 4

“Aye, I made the good fruit,” Morgrym said. “Tha’ shuild ‘old ye ‘til t’morrow.”

Morgrym grew quiet as they made their way to the caves. He looked around at the large mushrooms and the people haggling, the scent of the manure strong. He murmured a cantrip and scanned the immediate area for magic.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action: Cast Detect Magic
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 59/59 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 16 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 8 Ref: 2 Will: 8 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA; +4 v fey and plant effects)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions: Detect Magic (50r)

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Goodberry, Produce Flame [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Communal Endure Elements, Ironskin, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)][/sblock]
 

MetaVoid

Explorer
Hagadark watches carefully, but tries not to stare at anyone. He is an orc in dwarven settlement. He doesn't try to hide, that could be suspicious, but he doesn't intentionally attract attention to himself.
 
EVERYONE

Scanning the area for magic auras gives Morgrym an expected answer. Some of the farming tools have a faint aura around them. Many flasks, carefully placed in boxes over the bartering tables, follow the example. Even part of the manure has been deliberately enchanted, probably to facilitate growth. It wouldn't be too much to assume that a druid's been around as well, since many of the crops for sale still hold a faint memory of growth spells about them.

Oddly enough, Morgrym also sees strong auras coming from the dwarf merchant and the halfling debating with him. The halfling holds a magic medallion, and the dwarf, a magical hat, as well as a set of four magical rings. Dwarves and halflings from the fields aren't too reliant on magic, mind you, but these ones seem to be entirely comfortable with it - as well as with the strong magical aura coming from the mushrooms they're negotiating right now.

As Morgrym measures the strength of the auras, a young halfling of clever eyes approaches, chewing on a generous loaf of bread.

"Heya! So, how can I help ya'll?"
- he says, half of his mouth still full. The joyous expression vanishes for a second as he studies the group - or at least those he can see around - with a curious glance. "So nice t'see some distinct folks 'round these parts! So ya... You ain't from here, right?" - he asks in a low tone of complicity. He doesn't seem to recognize Hagadark, and if he does, he doesn't seem to care. "Bet ya heard from our fiiiine crops and figured you could score some of it for a damn good price, am I right? Mighty fine! Not a common sight ta see traveling folk 'round here. Not ever since the vanishings and them lizards running up and down the desert..." - he pulls up the front of his hat, studying the companions a bit more.
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
As soon as they passed into the shadows of the cave, Marius again fades into the background of flittering shadows and susurrus of many voices and many actions performed in enclosed space. He was never one for talking too much and remaining unnoticed helps with protection of his party.

He is next to the wall then ten paces along the group of workers as if one of them, quick step through the shadow between the carts left for loading and slide among the plants not yet loaded and he ends up on the side of the dwarven stall slightly behind the halfling. He remains still in the shadows watching.

OOC: Archon, if that's too much or it is impossible to approach the stall without being noticed, find some other place within 20-30 feet to settle him down.

[roll0]
[roll1]
 
Last edited:

Advertisement

Top