log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Dispensables)


log in or register to remove this ad

EarlyBird

First Post
"Maybe four," Zander whispered to Loreen. "And maybe the drac. In which case we are done for regardless." he shrugs.

"When you open it I'll give the all clear to whoever is there that will hopefully put them a little off and the rest of you can ambush them."

Adjusting the grip on his hand axe just in case Zander nods to Loreen. "Ready?" he asks.

OOC: When the door opens...

..."Hey! Cat Piss!" Zander yells through the barely open door. Giving the password for everything is clear. "It's me Zander." he states as the door opens the rest of the way. Deception 1d20+3 = 14
 


Location: Inner Temple (Various Rooms)

Encounter: Bardaby & Beast Boys & Cultists vs Bob & Pyrus

Round Five

As the rest of the Dispensables moved toward the north door, Pyrus took note of the aftermath of his detonation. Bardaby the Beast, was on fire and falling to the ground, as was nearly everyone else in the room.

A quarrel from a crossbow banged off the door near his head, and Pyrus took a step back. More men moved into the room, but much more cautiously now, watching those already there roll about, burning. The barricade was on fire as well, as smoke and the smell of burtn flesh filled the room.

Suddenly Bob, hairless and smouldering, leapt to his feet and ran a javelin through a Beast Boy who was bending over Bardaby, trying to smouther his flames. Another Beast Boy moved toward them, and Bob threw another javelin, skewering the man. By then, the mercenary with the metal jaw had put himself out, and slammed his axe into Bob's back, dropping the big barbarian for what, by the gods, should be the final time.

Then more mercenaries fired crossbows at Pyrus, and it seemed like it would be a good time to join the others. Pyrus could see more cultists, led by a Priest of some sort, coming through that south door - cautiously, but they were coming all the same.

GM: I've split the groups into two posts again. It's just soooo much to keep track of. And the map won't fit everything. Other group to follow soon. Sorry, Prickly!
[sblock=Notes]
Pyrus 25 (J9) Detonation dc14 Con Save (20(10) fire)
Thug 20 (to AB15) Crossbow 14 vs Pyrus w/Cover (Miss)
Cultist8 & C9 16 (Y14, Z15) Burnt to Death
Cultist10 16 (Y16) Dodge
Cultist11 16 (to Z18) Dash
Bobranthus 14 (W9) Dying 20 (+1 HP); Javelins 25 & 21 vs BB7 & BB9 (Hit for 6 & 8); Dying
LockJaw 14 (W10) Axe 11 & 22 vs Bob (Miss & Hit for 9)
Beast Boy7 11 (X8) Death by Javelin
Beast Boy8 11 (Z8) Burnt to Death
Beast Boy9 11 (Z11) Death by Javelin
Beast Boy10 11 (AA14) Burnt to Death
Beast Boy11 11 (toAA16) Crossbow 14 vs Pyrus w/Cover (Miss)
Beast Boy12 11 (toAC16) Crossbow 23 vs Pyrus w/Cover (Hit for 5)
Acolyte5 10 (X12) Burnt to Death
Acolyte6 10 (Y11) Burnt to Death
Acolyte7 10 (to AA18) Dodge
Acolyte8 10 (to X20) Dodge
Acolyte9 10 (to Z20) Dodge
Guard5 9 (S7) Crossbow 6 vs Pyrus (Miss)
The Beast 3 (X9) Burnt & Dying
Priest 2 (to Y19) Dodge
[/sblock]
[sblock=Rolls]
Acolytes

The Beast
Save: 1D20+3 = [17]+3 = 20
Con Save vs Pyrus
Death: 1D20 = [12] = 12
Death Save (Made 1)

Beast Boys
Save: 1D20+1 = [17]+1 = 18
1D20+1 = [10]+1 = 11
1D20+1 = [20]+1 = 21
1D20+1 = [3]+1 = 4
Con Save vs Pyrus
Attack: 1D20+4 = [10]+4 = 14
1D8+2 = [7]+2 = 9
1D20+4 = [19]+4 = 23
1D8+2 = [3]+2 = 5


Cultists Dash

Guards
Attack: 1D20+3 = [3]+3 = 6
1D8+1 = [1]+1 = 2


LockJaw
Save: 1D20+2 = [6]+2 = 8
Con Save vs Pyrus
Attack: 2D20.HIGH(1)+5 = [6, 6]+5 = 11
1D8+3 = [4]+3 = 7
2D20.HIGH(1)+5 = [13, 17]+5 = 22
1D8+3 = [6]+3 = 9


Priest
Init: 1D20 = [2] = 2

Thug
Init: 1D20+2 = [18]+2 = 20

Attack: 1D20+4 = [10]+4 = 14
1D10+2 = [9]+2 = 1
1
[/sblock]
Damage Taken
PCs Bob 55+20=55-1+9=Dying, Pyrus 17+5=22,
BGs Acolyte5 0+20=Dead, A6 0+20=Dead, Beast 64+20(10)=Dying,
BeastBoy7 0+20(10)+6=Dead, BB8 0+20=Dead, BB9 0+20(10)+8=Dead, BB10 0+20=Dead,
Cultist8 0+20=Dead, C9 0+20=Dead, C10 0, Guard5 0, LockJaw 0+20+8=28
BGs (Added) Acolyte7 0, A8 0, A9 0, BeastBoy11 0, BB12 0, Cultist11 0, Guard6 0, Priest 0, Thug 0


Temple5.png
 
Last edited:

Location: Dretchroyaster's Audience Chamber

Encounter: Guards

Round One

The Dispensables readied themselves to go through the north door, not being sure what was behind it.
Zander gave the code-word, and Loren opened the door. For a brief moment the guards were confused: They could see Zander, but a stranger was coming through the door. They hesitated only a moment, long enough for the Dispensables to lay in with an attack, which for the most part, the guards defended against.

Then the front rank thrust halberds at Terrus, while the back rank fired crossbows at him.

GM: I'm starting this as if it is a totally new fight to clear up the clutter. Zander's deception ruined their readied actions, but they still got a turn (not quite "surprise"). If Terrus' AC is 17 like it says in my notes then he was hit twice, otherwise not. Let me know. Also, Terrus and Zander can do their readied actions, and then still take a turn after that.
[sblock=Notes]
Drako 26 (to J17) Ready EB 10 & 8 (Miss)
Pyrus 25 (R18) (Detonation into the other room)
Terrus 25 (to K13) Ready Psi Hammer (Doing?)
Torbin 22 (to I15) Ready Bow 15 & 13 vs G2 w/Cover (Miss)
Sesto 13 (to L15) Heal self (9 HP); Sacred Flame dc15 Dex Save (14(0) radiant)
Lorenn 12 (to H2) Arcana 16 vs North Door ("Safe"), Open it
Guard5 9 (U17) (this is the one that shot at Pyrus)
Zander 9 (to L6) Deception 14; Ready Hand-Axe (Doing?)
Guard1 4 (I11) Halberd 5 vs Terrus (Miss)
Guard2 4 (K11) Halberd 17 vs Terrus (Hit? for 3)
Guard3 4 (H8) Crossbow 11 vs Terrus (Miss)
Guard4 4 (L8) Crossbow 19 vs Terrus w/Cover (Hit? for 5)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Rolls]
Torbin
Attack: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15
1D8+2 = [1]+2 = 3
1D20+4 = [9]+4 = 13
1D8+2 = [4]+2 = 6

Guards
Init: 1D20 = [4] = 4
Attack: 1D20+4 = [1]+4 = 5
1D10+2 = [5]+2 = 7
1D20+4 = [13]+4 = 17
1D10+2 = [1]+2 = 3

Attack: 1D20+3 = [8]+3 = 11
1D8+1 = [4]+1 = 5
1D20+3 = [16]+3 = 19
1D8+1 = [4]+1 = 5

[/sblock]
Damage Taken
PCs Drako 34, Lorenn 7, Pyrus 22, Sesto 27-9=18, Terrus 29+3+5=37, Torbin 8, Zander 0
BGs Guard1 0, G2 0, G3 0, G4 0, G5 0


AChamber1.png
 



EarlyBird

First Post
Zander dives low as the bolts fly past him and tries a side arm toss of the axe in his hand.

The weapon flies well off target skidding across the floor of the room. "Troll crap!" the warrior swears as he uses the confused looks on the faces of the guards to quickly push by them and into the room.

OOC: Well can only say at least my first combat roll of the game wasn't a 1. Nope it was a 2 lol
1d20+5 = 7
Move to L1 - Will take the AoO from the guard at I1


[sblock=Combat]
AC: 19
HP: 44/44
Speed: 30'
Saves: STR +5, DEX +2, CON +4, INT -1, WIS +0, CHA +1
Features: Second Wind (10+4)-unused, Action Surge-unused
Combat:
-longsword +5 1d8+3, crit 19-20
-handaxe(m) +5 1d6+3, crit 19-20
-handaxe(r) +5 1d6+3, crit 19-20, rng 20/60
[/sblock]
 

Still slightly confused and thinking Zander is being chased, the guard lets him pass without attacking, saying, "Get in here and watch what yer doin' with that axe!"
 

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: I assume we're attacking the guys to the North?


Pyrus will close the warded door and move to join the rest, blasting the guard at I11. (DC 14 dex save or take [roll0] fire damage)

Terrus will rush the room, attacking the guy to the right of the entrance. ([roll1] damage [roll2])


Sent from my iPad using EN World
 

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Lets add some knock back to that. 1psi point should hit him into his buddy behind him. DC 12 Str check or take [roll0] extra damage and be knocked back 10 feet.



Sent from my iPhone using EN World
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer

Fradak

Explorer
Lorenn rushes into the corridor and pierces a guard with his rapier.

OOC:
Movement: To a guard, already in melee if possible (sneak).
Action: Booming Blade.
To hit: Rapier: 1D20+6 = [12]+6 = 18

Rapier+Booming Blade: 2D8+3 = [2, 6]+3 = 11
Sneak: 1D6 = [3] = 3
BB Movement: 2D8 = [2, 4] = 6
Total: 14 (+6)

Bonus action: Disengage
Movement: Two steps back to induce the guard to follow.

Reaction: if hit (15-18), cast shield


[sblock=Statblock]
HP: 28
Potions: 2/4
Spell slots:
1st: 3/4
2nd: 1/2
Bladesong: 1/2
Arcane Recovery: 1/1

[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Prickly Pear

Explorer
Sesto ducked as Drako sent his horrible dark energy rays at the guards on the other side of the door. Pyrus followed quickly with a burst of fire, almost blistering Sesto's ears. Terrus rushes past, great sword high in the air, nearly knocking Sesto over. Next, a couple of arrows fly past, narrowly missing Sesto but finding its mark. After all this, Sesto stays put and let go of another flame.

OOC: The narrative is not quite right since Sesto is mostly behind all these people but I had a little writing inspiration and it makes for a good story!!!
Action: Sesto casts Sacred Flame cantrip: Sacred Flame damage (Radiant, Dex save DC15 for no damage): 2D8 = [5, 1] = 6
Move: no
AC 18
HP 20/38 (11 from healing potion and 9 from Healing Words)
Spell slot used: 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/3, 3rd 1/2
Channel Divinity used: 1/1
 

Location: Dretchroyaster's Audience Chamber

Encounter: Guards

Round Two

One by one, the guards watching Dretchroyaster's audience chamber fell to the assault of the Dispensables.

GM: I did this round twice. I was almost done and I lost everything. I did it again, only to find out that all the guards died anyway. Sorry if my description wound up... lacking.
[sblock=Notes]
Drako 26 (J17) E-Blast 11 & 10 (Miss)
Pyrus 25 (to M18) FireBlast dc14 Dex vs G1 (14(0) Fire)
Terrus 25 (to J12) Sword 18 & Knockback dc12 Str vs G2 (Hit for 14 & 1)
Torbin 22 (I15) Bow 24 & 17 vs G4 (Hit for 9 & 4)
Sesto 13 (L15) Sacred Flame dc15 Dex Save vs G3 (6 radiant)
Lorenn 12 (to J11 then K9) Rapier 18 vs G1 (Hit for 14)
Guard5 9 (U17) (Stuck in other Room)
Zander 9 (to I9) Sword 17 vs G3 (Hit for 10)
Guard1 4 (I11) Dead
Guard2 4 (K11) Dead
Guard3 4 (H8) Dead
Guard4 4 (L8) Dead
[/sblock]
[sblock=Rolls]
Drako
Spell: 1D20+6 = [5]+6 = 11
1D10+4 = [6]+4 = 10
1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10
1D10+4 = [10]+4 = 14

Zander
Attack: 1D20+5 = [12]+5 = 17
1D8+3 = [7]+3 = 10

Guards
Save: 1D20+1 = [15]+1 = 16
G1 Dex Save vs Pyrus (Made it)
Save: 1D20 = [3] = 3
G3 Dex Save vs Sesto (Fail)
[/sblock]
Damage Taken
PCs Drako 34, Lorenn 7, Pyrus 22, Sesto 18, Terrus 37, Torbin 8, Zander 0
BGs Guard1 0+14(0)+14=Dead, G2 0+15=Dead, G3 0+6+10=Dead, G4 0+9+4=Dead


AChamber2.png
 

After a long and hard-fought battle, the Dispensables finally found themselves in momentary peace. There was time to mourn the loss of Bobranthus, to catch one's breath, and to decide what to do next...
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Torbin slips into the room and trains his bow through the doors until they are closed and secured. Releasing the tension on the bowstring he takes a moment to look around the chamber. "They'll probably take some time to lick their wounds. But I think we need to as well... Not so sure that this is a good place for it though..."

Keeping an arrow knocked, he eyed the treasure pile, though he stayed well away from it.

Squirrels are evil!
 

The vaulted ceiling in this grand hall rises to around fifty feet. The sound of water comes from the dark ledge to the west. The large double doors to the north are each carved with the shape of huge eyes. The wall to the left of the door has a small alcove, like a statue is missing. The platform to the northeast is some fifteen feet off the ground and positively covered in many thousands of coins. The doors to the east are similar to other doors in the complex: heavy, steel-banded oak, secured with a ring-latch, with no visible lock.
 

EarlyBird

First Post
"Let me catch my breath, and my bearings," Zander said wiping the blood from his blade off with the hem of the dead guards robe. "I'll see if I can't be useful and figure out a good place to hunker down in."

OOC: DM told me before Zander knows this place, so hoping to get a bit of info to lay out for everyone.
 

Fradak

Explorer
"Barricade the door guys, they are coming." Lorenn rushes to the east door and quickly looks out. If it's safe, he lets Eko fly to get any info about enemy mouvements before closing the door and securing it with the ring-latch. Then he focuses on his familiar to see by his eyes.
 
Last edited:

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top