• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Dispensables)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Bob heaves with the effort for a moment, still chuckling between breaths and then takes one deep breath and grins at his compatriots. "That was a mighty battle eh, friends? We'd best be quick, but lets see what this one had about eh?" That said, he rolled the priest over to admire his handiwork. Not to mention look for a suitable trophy.

OOC: Second Wind:: 1D10+3 = [8]+3 = 11
(Current HP: 24/55)

Rolling the body.

Squirrels are evil!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Bob discovers a fiendish looking dagger made from a shard of black obsidian, sharpened to a deadly point held firm by obvious magicks as subtle grey runes flit along the blade. The handle is carved from some sort of bone (possibly a dragon's finger) and Silakul kept it on his person in an ebony-and-bone-decorated sheath.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"Ohoh! What have we here..." Bob holds the blade up to the light. Admiring the play of the light off of the dark stone of the blade.

Squirrels are evil!

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Sesto is glad the fight is over. Bob and Terrus took a lot of beating but they both pulled through. Sesto holds up his shield and present Lathander's holy symbol. A wave of healing energy washes over both Bobranthus and Terrus, and Sesto feels the power too.
Next, Sesto spots a large chest in the corner of the room, next to Silakul's bed. He walks over to the chest to see what it contains but stops when Loreen shouts Don't touch it! It might be trapped. Let me check it out first...
Grateful for the warning Sesto steps aside to let Loreen do his magic with trap finding.

OOC: Before anyone get any healing done, Sesto will use Channel Divinity: Preserve Life to heal 25HP (to not more than of half max HP) divided between the team. I reckon Sesto can grab 5HP because under his devout image he is quite greedy. Terrus and Bob are down a lot so they can share the rest 10HP each (I don't think that will bring them to the half-way mark).
Could Loreen please check out the chest before Sesto opens it?
If we have 10 mins then Sesto could cast Prayer of Healing for 2d8+6 HP for 6 PC's, but we probably better get away while we have a chance. Sesto still has his Spirit Guardians active (~8 min left)
AC 18
HP 19/38
Spell slot used: 1st 3/4, 2nd 2/3, 3rd 1/2
Channel Divinity used: 1/1

Fradak

Explorer
"Nobody touch nothing! I don't like this place, nothing works as usual down here. I can try to disable them, but those traps are full of glyphs ans sygils. You should stand back, all of you..."

OOC: I suppose I have to reroll my beautiful twenties? :)

Last edited:

eayres33

Explorer
Drako was surprised by how quickly it had all ended, “We best not linger long, reinforcements will most likely be arriving soon.”

Taking a brief second, Drako chants and indication under his breathe

OOC:

Drako uses his armor of Shadows invocation to renew mage armor

AC 16
HP 17/38
Spell Slots 0 of 2 used

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Is the wall down or not?

OOC: I don't know. I would assume the wall needs Concentration (all the others do), although knowing that Mystic UA, it might not say so. Terrus got hit twice. If we use the terrible death save you rolled (that turned out to not be needed) as a concentration check, then it's gone, yeah.

OOC: I suppose I have to reroll my beautiful twenties? :)

OOC: Nah, we'll keep 'em and use them for the chest first

Lorenn takes a look at the heavy chest and finds it warded with a lightning glyph - one that would have filled the room with terrible power. Chanting a few words, he safely destroys the glyph. They keys are found in the desk, amongst some papers (boring things like the details of supplying food for the temple). In the chest is 3 Potions of Healing, 1 Scroll of Animate Dead, 10 sacks of 100 gold coins each, and a six-inch statue of a robed figure manipulating a smaller humanoid as if it is a puppet. An inscription on the base reads "Murder through another's hands" in an ancient script.

Remove ads