• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IG's Legend of The Ripper [IC]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Rayel stares at the bloody fountain, her stomach turning, but not rebelling. Not more than an hour ago she was kneeling over the body of her best friend. Not half an hour ago they had found a body in a barrel. Ten minutes ago she had been in a room with yet another corpse. The gore here couldn't impress her right now... though she was still unnerved.

She considers the odd riddle for a second as a way to get her mind off of the horror around here.

"'As the sun rises and falls...' I think that means we have to turn it sunwise. And maybe we turn it thirteen times? For 'in the alphabet'? That would make too much sense, thirteen times," Rayel opins softly.

[sblock=OOC]Rayel would like to scent the air when no one is looking at her.[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Rexy bites her lip as she considers the riddle. "The horn must be turned east to west, no doubt. But how many times seems to be the confusion part. I say we turn it 11 times, as in: THE ALPHABET."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Thirteen seems more right to me... this place, this statue, this..." she waves her hand at the gore, swallowing hard. "You know what I mean. I say thirteen. Unlucky thirteen."

frostrune

First Post
Fen leans to the side and splits a wad of tabacco juice into the darkness then wipes a grimy sleeve across he mouth.

He looks at Dacen then speaks, "Tell ya what.... I think Rexy and I got the right of it. I'm willin' to turn it 11 times. If you or the princess here (gesturing to Ray) think it's 13, why don't you give it a try?"

OOC:[sblock] Did Fen have any luck searching for traps (search +6)? [/sblock]

If no one volunteers to try the 13 turns, he'll wave everybody back then give it a go: 11 turns CCW.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"All right, all right, I'll do it," Rayel says quickly, sounding somewhat resigned. Perching on the fountain, she reaches out and turns the horn thirteen times to the left, sunwise.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads