• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IG's Legend of The Ripper [IC]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Fen doesn't find any traps, thought it's not for a lack of trying. The mist makes it difficult to see anything.

Rayel seems to turn the thing forever.

6.... 7.... 8.... The silence is deafening as the horn clicks into place with each turn.

9.... Fen and Rexy look at each other with a fair amount of anticipation, waiting...

10.... before they both, almost at the same time realize that the riddle is written in elvish, not common.

11.... the elvish word for alphabet has, ironically enough, eleven letters.

12.... The click has a different sound; the horn refuses to move anymore.

Rayel gasps as two small darts fly out of the fountain and bury themselves in her chest. She staggers backwards a step but Dacen catches her before she falls. He can tell immediately that she is in dire trouble.

ooc: Two darts deal 7 points of damage. Rayel is at 0 hit points.

"Noooo!"

Dacen quickly lays Rayel down on the ground and removes the arrows from her chest.

"Keep breathing! I'll save you, I swear!"

OOC: How many spells does Dacen have left for this day?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Rayel gasps in pain, collapsing on the ground, coughing up bloody foam as she looks down at the darts in her chest.

They're like fangs... she thinks idly, shock setting in.

"I have... I have... a potion in... in my backpack... for healing..." she whispers through waves of pain and weakness, feebling fumbling through her backpack, searching for the hidden flap that contains the single potion she had found a couple of weeks ago. "I'm so sorry..."

industrygothica

Adventurer
Ivid said:
OOC: How many spells does Dacen have left for this day?

[sblock=ooc]Not sure. I'll have to go back through the previous posts for this last day and see what he's cast already, if anything. I really don't have time to do that right now though, so it'll be a bit. I'm sure he's got at least one spell left to convert though.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
:) Thanks! Just realized that Dacen had already a few spells prepared - let's see if something useful can come out of this...

Casting Resistance on Rayel! :)
[/sblock]

Dacen tries to bring Rayel in a stable position and looks for a piece of clean cloth to stop the bleeding.

Before he checks for the potion, he gets down to Rayel, firmy pressing his St.Cuthbert medailon and whispers into her ear: "Live."

After he feels the magic working, Dacen will try to instill Rayel the potion, if she's still
strong enough to drink.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Thank... you..." Rayel whispers to Dacen, feeling a crumb of strength not her own flow through her, and has the fortitude to find the hidden flap in the inner chamber of the backpack, bring the pale blue potion to her lips, and drink. When Rexy's comment registers, she looks horribly sad and embarrassed, and tears begin to fill her eyes.

"I'm sorry Rexy, I'm so sorry."

[sblock=OOC]Drinking a potion of cure light wounds.[/sblock]

frostrune

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"Thank... you..." Rayel whispers to Dacen, feeling a crumb of strength not her own flow through her, and has the fortitude to find the hidden flap in the inner chamber of the backpack, bring the pale blue potion to her lips, and drink. When Rexy's comment registers, she looks horribly sad and embarrassed, and tears begin to fill her eyes.

"I'm sorry Rexy, I'm so sorry."

Fen rolls his eyes and uses his tongue to repositon the wad of tobacco.

"Look, why don't you two get back. I think we got this thing figured out now and I'm kinda tired of breathin' and smellin' this blood cloud."

Fen waits for Ray and Dacen to get back then he takes a turn at disabling the fountain (11 turns CCW)

industrygothica

Adventurer
Rayel slowly sips down the potion and begins to feel a bit better. She thinks she can get up and move on her own, but she's not as strong as she was.
[sblock=Isida]Rayel gains 5 hp from the potion, but suffers 1 point of constitution damage.[/sblock]

Fen steps up and cranks away at the horn, stopping at eleven turns. The room hushes at the last click, and nothing happens. As he prepares to dive out of the way, another click sounds, and the bloody mist ceases to pour from the fountain.

A few seconds tell you that the mist is very slowly dissipating.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads