IG's Legend of The Ripper [IC]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Rayel makes a clawing gesture with her hand, and poisonous purple energies glow around her fingers. With a shriek of anger and pain, the young warlock releases her dearly-bought power for the first time in battle, striking for the murderous redcap.

OOC: One eldritch blast please. Thanks so much for your welcome everyone!

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
Round 1:
23 Rexy 12/12: tumbles past bbeg (tumble 16+7=pass), attacks with rapier (17+4=hit)
13 BBEG
11 Rayel 7/7 eldritch blast 8+2=hit, 6 damage
8 Dacen 9/9 attacks with mace 8+2+2=miss
8 Fen 9/9 shortbow 18+3=hit, 5 damage

Rexy somersaults past the wicked creature and springs up on its backside. She quickly thrusts her rapier into his side. She notices that the wound doesn't appear to be as nasty as it should have been.

The pale horror turns on Rexy, still wearing his vile grin. Now that she's up close, she can make out the true horror of the thing. As she finds herself awestruck by its utter vileness, he lashes out with both hands, swiping his filthy claws at Rexy's face. Fortunately, her reflexes allow her to dodge the blows, but she is shaken from the experience.

For the first time, the young warlock releases her eldritch energies at another living thing. At least, she thinks this thing is living. Her aim is true, and the blast hit the thing square, knocking him sideways and just out of the arc of Dacen's deadly swing.

Fen looses an arrow and plants it firmly in the creature's shoulder.

Rexy stabs at the creature, but her rapier seems to bounce off the thing's skin.

[sblock=ooc]Looks like we've lost Frostrune already, so I've npc'd Fen. It's Rexy's turn now, and I'll just edit this post with her action, then continue on as normal.

Sorry for the delay. I've been waiting on Frostrune for a bit, plus it's been a strange week for some reason (mostly the latter rather than the former). In any case, hopefully we can catch up now.[/sblock]

Last edited:

"For Zagyg, The Green Dragon Inn, and the Free City of Greyhawk!"

Dacen rushes on, swinging his club over his head, and protecting himself with his shield...

RIP Gary Gygax

Rhun

First Post
Rexy continues to press the assault against the creature, her rapier darting back and forth, looking for an opening.

Attack with rapier +4 (+6 if flanking)

frostrune

First Post
OOC: Yeah you lost me for bit. Vacation (10th aniversary actually). Congrats and welcome back Isida!

IC: Fen is clearly surprised by the damage this thing has taken already and resolves himself to a difficult fight.

He draws back for another shot moving to get into a better position to make it count.

OOC: He will take another shot with his bow trying to move more than 10' to get his skirmish damage ability to kick in.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Enraged by the flurry of attacks, the pale-skinned monster unleashes two vicious swipes at Rexy's face and neck. The first comes from the creature's left, leaving four bloody gashes across her young face, one of them slicing clean through her right eye. Rexy's hows of pain are cut short as the twisted little man's right hand comes up and tears through her throat, turning her screams into a gurgling mumble. Her one and only eye stares wide in terror before she collapses in a lifeless heap at the monster's feet.

A sick, yellow-toothed grin creeps onto his face as he turns to confront the rest of the group.

[sblock=details]
13 BBEG: attacks Rexy with claws, hit=7 damage; hit=crit (19 confirms) 16 damage
11 Rayel 7/7:
8 Dacen 9/9:
8 Fen 9/9:
23 Rexy -11/12:

Sorry Rhun, the dice just weren't with you today. That crit was a nasty one. Don't hate me, ok? ;)

When Isida posts Rayel's actions, I'll get the rest of this round posted.[/sblock]

"Rexy! Noooo!"

Dacen will jump forward, and try to put himself between the monster and his fallen friend...

He raises the club to strike again, but then seems to think twice...

Closing his eyes and lowering his defenses to an extent where the next strike to him would possibly be lethal, he begins to chant a prayer...

"Omnipotent power, creator of all things, forged by the gods from eternal chaos, throw off these false garments and reveal thy true forms. Creators of all things, become a shield to protect me. Great protectors, do not allow those who would destroy your great works to do their bidding in this sacred place. Use me as your weapon against this evil. "

[sblock=occ]Turn Undead on that critter! Let's hope it is an undead!!! ;) [/sblock]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"No! No you monster, no!" Rayel screams, energies pulsing around her hands as Rexy falls. With a convulsive effort, the purple energies streak towards the redcapped monster as rage and sorrow rock the young warlock's body.

OOC: [sblock]Another eldritch blast please IG. Ivid, out of character, I think I know what this thing is, and we're in a bad way... :eek:[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Rage burns within Rayel as she again releases her eldritch energies at the grotesque monster. Her blast hammers the thing in the chest, but it stands firm and turns his attention now to the warlock.

Dacen takes a chance, and lowers his defenses to start a prayer in an attempt to turn the vile thing. As Dacen presents his holy symbol, the horrible man recoils for an instant, but quickly recovers, and with one powerful strike knocks the cleric to the ground next to the fallen Rexy. Like her, four new gashes adorn his lifeless face.

Now that his apparent inconvenience is out of the way, the twisted man again turns his attention to Rayel.

[sblock=Details]
13 BBEG: attacks Rexy with claws, hit=7 damage; hit=crit (19 confirms) 16 damage
11 Rayel 7/7: eldritch blast (14+2=hit, 3 damage)
8 Dacen 9/9: turn undead fails
8 Fen 9/9: moves ten feet, fires arrow (9+3+1=miss)
23 Rexy -11/12:
*end round...2?*

*start round 3*
13 BBEG: attacks Dacen (claw=hit, 10 damage); turns towards Rayel
11 Rayel 7/7: eldritch blast (ranged touch 8+2=miss)
8 Dacen -1/9:
8 Fen 9/9: moves back ten feet, atks w/arrow (20+3=crit, 19 confirms, 12 damage)
23 Rexy -11/12:
[/sblock]

Last edited:

frostrune

First Post
":):):):)!!", Fen curses. 'This ain't looking good,' he thinks to himself.

"Hit and move, princess!", he shouts to Rayel. "He'll shred ya if ya let him get close. Keep slinging that magic and fall back."

Fen falls back to the fountain room (moving more than 10' to get the skirmish damage) then lets another arrow fly.

"Use the fountain for cover and we'll improvise from there."

Remove ads