IG's Legend of The Ripper [IC]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Frightened, angry, but desperate to stay alive so she can bring something good out of this nightmare, she obeys Fen's words. She lets the power boil and surge, flinging it out again to strike at the redcap before dancing backwards down the corridor, heading back towards the fountain to try to put a little something between her and it.

OOC: [sblock]Another eldritch blast followed by a 30' move back the way we came.[/sblock]

Lying in a puddle of his own blood, Dacen mutters something between his pale lips...

"Allmighty powers of the universe, shield me against the powers of evil..."

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
Rayel lets her magical energies peak before flinging it out toward the monster and running into the fountain room. Her fear is becoming apparent now as the blast goes wide and smashes a wall, sending bits of dust and debris into the air, but missing the evil man entirely.

Fen follows Rexy into the fountain room, loosing another arrow on the way. Distracted by Rayel's wayward attack, the murderer never sees it coming as the arrow plants itself firmly into his gut.

[start rd.4]
The creature is enraged as it turns its attention to the damage-dealing archer. In one quick motion he charges Fen with his a twisted claw raised. He brings it down hard on Fen, but somehow the archer remains standing.

Back in the murderer's lair the cleric's fingers twitch ever so slightly in his unconscious slumber, and he mumbles something incoherent as the life continues to seep from his battered body.

[sblock=details]
[rd.4]
13 BBEG: charges Fen (hit=8 damage)
11 Rayel 7/7:
8 Dacen -2/9: stabilization=35%, fail (-1 hp)
8 Fen 1/9:
23 Rexy -11/12:[/sblock]

frostrune

First Post
"Time to run girl", Fen wheezes through gritted teeth.

He lets go of his precious bow and draws his seldom used axe. He squares up to the murderous wretch simply hoping to land one more blow before he too meets the cold embrace of death.

"Gods, I could use a drink right now...", you think you hear him mumble.

OOC: No more room to run for Fen. He will attack with his handaxe. He doesn't look back to see if Rayel runs or not.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"No, no, no..." Rayel whispers between numb lips, seeing the last of others going down beneath the redcap's vile claws. She had not known them for more than a couple of hours, but their deaths awakened a great sadness in her. They had tried to bring an end to this, and that was far more than almost anyone else the young warlock had ever met.

Tears staining her face, she flung a last bolt of hot energy at the murderous redcap before turning and fleeing, hoping beyond hope to see sky again before she died.

[sblock=OOC]Eldritch blast, turn and run.[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Near panic, Rayel throws another bolt of magical energy at murderous fiend, turning and running before it ever hits.

Fen prepares for another blow as he reaches for his small axe, but it never comes. He looks up just in time to see Rayel's blast knock the thing from its feet. It now lies motionless, like so many others because of his hand.

The mumbling cleric come to peace within himself (stabilize=02% PASS!)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Rexy, Dacen, Fen, oh gods, oh gods, what have I done? Please, please don't let me die, not like that, not like Prel, I promised I wouldn't, please! Rayel shrieks mentally, her half-incoherant prayer pounding in time with her heartbeat and running feet.

frostrune

First Post
"HA! I'll be damned.." Fen says absently. He spits a wad of tabacco juice on the creature's chest before burying his axe in its skull.

He shouts over his shoulder, "Princess you killed it. You can stop running now."

He rushes over to Dacen and Rexy to see if there is any chance of saving them. He detects a faint pulse in Dacen but Rexy is too far gone to be saved. He gently closes her eyes and returns his attention to the priest. He begins binding Dacen's wounds and when finished, begins poking around the hellish creature's lair for loot.

OOC: Nice work Isida. I thought Fen was a gonner.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
There were no screams. As a matter of fact, Fen sounded actually normal. Rayel stopped her running feet and tried to slow her pounding heart as the sense of his words penetrated.

With wonder, she turned back, retracing her steps, and goggled to see the redcap lying on the ground... and her eyes welled up again to see Rexy lying so still on the floor. And Dacen was still alive. They had won a victory, the first she'd ever enjoyed, but at such a price...

"Dacen," Rayel whispers. "She's dead."

Crossing to the woman's body, Rayel kneels and closes Rexy's remaining eye. "I'm so sorry."

Remove ads