• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IG's "Those Left Behind" Chapter 2

Friadoc

Explorer
"I'm gonna be blunt here, miss," says Buurt with a waned smile at Talashia. "If you're gonna preach about grace, you might want to pretend to have some instead of barking down from on high like a Duchess' pampered b!tch on a lap pillow."

"Now if you excuse me," says Buurt as he stands up. "I'm gonna see if we picked up any tails."

As he turns to leave the table and head outside, Buurt adds, "If I'm not back in a quarter hour, assume the worse."

OOC

Sorry, Shayuri, but Talashia needed that. ;)

IG, Buurt is just gonna do a quick canvas of the area, with a bit of shadow and stealth, and see if there is anyone watching or following us who shouldn't be around.

Leif

Adventurer
Uulark Simental

"Feel like some company, Buurt? I can be your decoy..... It's a bit too cold at this table for my tastes, just now," says Uulark with a broad smile that easily stretches across his face and looks like it could fill three more faces if given the opportunity.

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
The streets themselves seem to be relatively empty, though the growing crowd in the square threatens to burst at its seams.

Inside, Talashia notices the returned Shazi floating outside a rear window, apparently waiting on her.

Leif

Adventurer
Uulark Simental, Cleric7, AC18,FF15,T13, HP28?/35

Uulark will mill about around the fringes of the crowd, being careful to always stay within Buurt's field of view. If there are any merchants taking advantage of the big crowd, Uulark will feign interest in some of their wares. Occasionally, he will glance toward Buurt, to see if he is giving Uulark some kind sign. (Uulark will also keep careful tabs on his pouch and possessions!)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Are you all insane?" Talashia hisses angrily.

"no, though you have accused me of that beofre"

"There are times and places for confrontations, and there are times and places for at least a semblance of diplomacy, and this was one of them!
"they were only suggesting aggresivediplomatic tactics"

Had we just appeared to accept his terms and walk away, he would think us nothing more than simple dupes...while we would have the advantage because we would be anything but. Now he knows we're suspicious and will therefore be wary of us!"

She grimaces and shakes her head.

..or at the very least make outlaws of us."

"its not as if you don't personally know one already" *sigh*

Shayuri

First Post
"They were suggesting that they engage the mayor of this city in combat and -kill- him because they -suspect- he may be lying," Talashia replies to Caerwynn. "Which would of course make them murderers. I'm fairly sure that would give them a bigger bounty than you've earned yet."

"Even with the moral aspect aside, it's just bad planning. You need to find out what the lie is, and what its about, before you kill the only person that seems to know those things. Otherwise you may never find out."

She pauses, then adds, "Speaking of finding out...excuse me, brother. Shazi's back."

Talashia hurries out of the inn and walks with Shazi to an out of the way, hard to see spot to hear his report.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Shazi's report is simple: "The white-plumed fellow has taken a front-row seat at the prisoners carnival. Apparently there's some hulking barbarian fellow that he's rather happy to see pulled apart."
----
Uulark and Buurt can hardly make out what's happening through all the people, though on the stage they can plainly see a large white feather dancing above the heads of the crowd.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"birds of a feather...It appears that 'White plume is at the carnaval, which is where the magister said he was going. I really hate this carnaval."

Scotley

Hero
Rogash rises from his angry revere at the mention of a hulking barbarian. "Describe this barbarian in more detail if you would," he says with some urgency in his voice.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Rogash rises from his angry revere at the mention of a hulking barbarian. "Describe this barbarian in more detail if you would," he says with some urgency in his voice.

Shazi ponders or a moment over taking direction from a dwarf, of all things, but quickly changes direction after he catches a particular glint in Talashia's eyes.

"About this tall,"
he says as he floats up to a height of about six feet. "Raven hair, long. And brilliant green eyes, though they're looking a bit sullen at the moment." Shazi smiles a bit, like he's remembering something. "Something about having them plucked from your skull as it is displayed upon a pike does that to a fellow!"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads