Immortals Handbook - Ascension Discussion

Howdy blazar225! :)

blazer225 said:
I'm not sure what post this should be in, but i was just wondering how U_K's Divinity System handles Bonus Domains from Third Party Sources. Are they added to the deities' domains automatically, are they treated as aspects of the deities' portfolio, do they need to be purchased with the extra domain divine ability or are they just not available to clerics of a deity?

If its a cleric taking the Bonus Domain feat, then I would allow that as is. Even if teir deity doesn't possess that particular Portfolio/Domain we can assume that someone in the Pantheon will probably have it.

If its the Immortal taking Bonus Domain then they would need to expend a Divine Ability Slot for it - because they gain all the spell-like abilities of the Domain too.

An extra Portfolio of course requires a Cosmic Ability slot.

Hope that helps. :)

Hey blazar225! :)

blazer225 said:
Like how complete divine "adds" new domain choices to the core deities such as Corellon Larethian & Heironeous, among others.

In such cases I'd refer to my initial post on the matter and say that these additional/secondary domains were simply Clerics tapping the power of the Pantheon itself rather than a whole new suite of powers gained by the immortal.

In 3rd Edition I suggested 2 portfolios with a potential 0-2 additional domains from alignment.

In 4th Edition I am suggesting that Gods will have anywhere between 1-4 different portfolios.

Quasi-deity = 1 Portfolio
Demi-deity = 1-2 Portfolios
Lesser Deity = 1-3 Portfolios
Greater Deity = 1-4 Portfolios

The reason a Greater Deity can still have 1 Portfolio is that you can keep taking the same portfolio to power it up, rather than taking a new portfolio.

Farealmer3

Explorer
Hey U_K what's the limitations on the Transmute Transcendental ability? Can it affect living beings, precious materials, the immortal using it, magic items, how big of an object could it affect? Things like that.

Farealmer3 said:

Hey Farealmer mate! :)

what's the limitations on the Transmute Transcendental ability? Can it affect living beings,

No. But it could affect golems I suppose.

precious materials,

Yes.

the immortal using it,

No.

magic items,

Yes.

how big of an object could it affect? Things like that.

Any size, though it would be limited to single objects at a time, so you couldn't transmute all planets into diamond, simply one at a time.

You couldn't transmute a galaxy for instance because a galaxy is a collection of individual stars and planets. But you could transmute them one at a time.

Farealmer3

Explorer
No. But it could affect golems I suppose.
Would they get a save or not and could it affect a golem of any HD? Also could it turn a nonliving thing into a living thing, or a nonliving thing into a golem?

Any size, though it would be limited to single objects at a time, so you couldn't transmute all planets into diamond, simply one at a time.
Could you transmute different parts of the planet into different things, such as turning a barren planet into a multiclimate habitat with lakes, oceans, mountains, deserts, and a breathable atmosphere? Could it include forests or no? I know you said no livings things but noncreature plants in D&D are treated as objects so i figured i'd ask.

Hello again! :)

Farealmer3 said:
Would they get a save or not and could it affect a golem of any HD? Also could it turn a nonliving thing into a living thing, or a nonliving thing into a golem?

The golem would get a save yes.

It could affect agolem of any HD. Note that an awakened golem would not count as an object.

You could turn any non-living thing into any other non-living thing instantaneously provided you could create that thing in the first place - you couldn't tun an iron golem into an artifact more powerful than you could otherwise create yourself for instance. Automatons would get a save. Artifacts would be immune (since they are sentient or partially sentient).

Could you transmute different parts of the planet into different things, such as turning a barren planet into a multiclimate habitat with lakes, oceans, mountains, deserts, and a breathable atmosphere? Could it include forests or no? I know you said no livings things but noncreature plants in D&D are treated as objects so i figured i'd ask.

You could turn different parts of a planet into different non-living things. If you had the Great Breath power you could also create areas of forest and so forth. You could create a breatheable atmosphere on a planet yes. You could create water/oceans yes. It couldn't include plants unless you had the other powers like Great Breath.

Nezkrul

First Post
I have a few questions concerning turning and deity templates.

Every template turns the character into an outsider. Does that leave every deity vulnerable to a Planar Turning epic feat cleric? I built a quasi-deity level 20 Cleric / 10 Radiant Servant focused on being able to turn undead, and after all bonuses, equipment, and feats are applied, his effective turning level before rolling his maxxed turning check is 46, which means he automatically can turn up to 50 HD creatures. The issue I have is if he spends a greater turn attempt, he destroys them if he rolls higher than minimum turning damage (all factors added, he's rolling 3d6+30 x1.5 for turning damage)

This character would literally, IIRC, have the ability to walk into Demogorgon's lair in the Abyss, initiate combat with him, and blast him out of existence with a standard action that doesn't allow a save or resistance. (Demogorgon being the 50hd version they constantly cite in the IH Ascension)

Is this fair? Balanced? Ok? I mean would you guys consider allowing this kind of toasting power in your games? Being able to instagib all evil outsiders and undead is pretty cool so long as they don't have too many hit dice.

Also, if I have Nescient divine ability, and I take the "end" feat in a feat chain, and that feat is required by another divine or cosmic ability but said ability also has all the other feats in the chain as prereqs... does the Nescient able'd feat circumvent those prereqs since I have the "end" feat in the chain required by the ability?

Can someone PM an example of how to do the 4 artifacts for a PC? for instance, where do they come from, how do they come to be, what would be good examples, are they just simply super strong epic magic items?

Remove ads