• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Immortals Handbook - ASCENSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey dante dude! :)

dante58701 said:
Transpatial (Ex)
Your natural size is whatever size you desire it to be.
Prerequisites:Sidereal
Benefit:Your natural size is whatever size you desire it to be. Your divine power is in no way limited by your size, nor is your size limited by your divine power. Thus as a sidereal or greater you retain your full power regardless of your actual and/or current size, for such limitations are irrelevant to you

Nice, definately Omnific of course, even though its probably less powerful than Infinite Strength for example. But is something like that going to be potentially complicated when you grow to Universe size. :D

dante58701 said:
What are the current omnific abilities? I forget.

Nice try dante - but I haven't posted the omnific abilities yet. :p

Upper_Krust said:
Nice try dante - but I haven't posted the omnific abilities yet. :p
Heh, worth a try anyway, I give dante58701 credit for that. :)
Well, the list of powers that "I" can imagine would be very short -
- Infinite [Attribute] (You could break it down into a multitude of powers, calling them Omnipotence, Omnipresence etc, and give them other bonuses related areas)
- Crazy-over-the-top [Effect] (This would probobly deal loads of d1000s or just plain do infinite damage.
- Rediculous-ultra-cheesy-defences :)(An ability like the nexus dragons but cheesier - It would make you immune to all but every 97th attack, but that attack still has a 99% chance of missing, and can only hit you on a natural 20, during a full moon, and only during the surprise round) :)
I am sure U_K's crazy powers are much cooler and more flavorful than the above, but since most beings won't have enough divine slots or an ECL high enough to have such good items, said powers are simply for show, and are just good as plot devices/PC threats. (I have PCs that repeatedly try to play silly rediculous characters, so much that I macroed my "sleep"
button on my keyboard to open up Adobe and the Bestiary to the Neutronium Golem.) :)

Rhuarc

Explorer
Hey UK mate,

hope you could do me a favor and post a short list with your average CR numbers for the different templates. Like you did in the Chronicle thread with Hero (30) Demi (60) and Intermediate (120).

Thanks a lot, would really be appreciated :)

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Transpatial (Ex)
Your natural size is uneffected by the application of divinity templates.
Prerequisites:Immortal
Benefit:Your natural size is uneffected by the application of divinity templates. Your divine power is in no way limited by your size, nor is your size limited by your divine power. Thus you retain your full power regardless of your actual and/or current size, for such limitations are irrelevant to you.

Omnispatial would allow you to be any size you desire.

Paragon

Wielder of the Power Cosmic
since they won't be in the next update can you give us and idea about portfolios, such as how they will look and how they will work. or perhaps even an example or 2 just so we (i) can have a clue how they will work?
thanks

Dragonmoon

Explorer
Hi, Upper Krust, congratulations for your new forums. I'll visit all (job allowing)!

I would ask you something .... :heh:

In my adventure a high level paladin character has been transformed into a solar of HD = Lvls for reward by his goddess.
Now demigod he grows up as an outsider.
The same thing is possible using your divine ability for became an outsider and one/two cosmic ability (es.: became planetar - became solar)?

In your books an avatar is only an exstension of the divine character or it can be a separated being that he can use like a familiar, friend, serf, etc?
The divine character can sense what the avatar sees, hears, etc regardless of distance?
A god can bestow avatar state on a being?

I have already begun the contdown for the 0.8 version of your book!

Rhuarc said:
Hey UK mate,

Hey Rhuarc dude! :)

Rhuarc said:
hope you could do me a favor and post a short list with your average CR numbers for the different templates. Like you did in the Chronicle thread with Hero (30) Demi (60) and Intermediate (120).

Thanks a lot, would really be appreciated :)

Well its pretty simple to work out, just take the average ECL and turn it into a CR.

Average Hero-deity = ECL 32 (17 levels and 15 from template) = CR 21
Quasi = ECL 45 = CR 30
Demi = ECL 65 = CR 43
Lesser = ECL 90 = CR 60
Inter = ECL 130 = CR 86
Greater = ECL 180 = CR 120
Elder = ECL 260 = CR 173
Old One = ECL 360 = CR 240
First One = ECL 520 = CR 346
etc. (ECL doubles every other status) ;)

Hey Dante mate! :)

dante58701 said:
Transpatial (Ex)
Your natural size is uneffected by the application of divinity templates.
Prerequisites:Immortal
Benefit:Your natural size is uneffected by the application of divinity templates. Your divine power is in no way limited by your size, nor is your size limited by your divine power. Thus you retain your full power regardless of your actual and/or current size, for such limitations are irrelevant to you.

I don't like it. :p

It doesn't bother Galactus that he is 28 feet tall. I don't see why you are so desperate to have a medium sized time lord...?!

dante58701 said:
So...omnific...wouldnt it be called omnispacial then?

Omnispatial would allow you to be any size you desire.

Okay, although again, what is the benefit of this? Even if you take Universe size you will only get about +9950 strength (so its weaker than infinite strength), not to mention you'll have an AC penalty of about 10E200.

Hey paragon mate! :)

Well the good news is that I should have the cover finished tomorrow (and its looking pretty good if I do say so myself), Thursday at the absolute latest...although of course none of that really helps the next Ascension update, but once the cover is out of the way I expect to make a lot more progres sobviously. ;)

Paragon said:
since they won't be in the next update can you give us and idea about portfolios, such as how they will look and how they will work. or perhaps even an example or 2 just so we (i) can have a clue how they will work?
thanks

Well mechanically they are somewhat like Prestige Classes, but with Status points instead of levels. But there is a lot more to each Portfolio than that, there are a lot of information, Favoured Animal, weapon, time, place etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads