• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Immortals Handbook - ASCENSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggestions for Mewtwo

Note: I am not basing these on mechanical advantage, but on what I remember from the games & movie. Mainly the movie.

Recommended portfolios: Revenge, Strength

Do whatever you can to buff his telekinesis-related abilities!

Force Beam

Intellectual Spirit

Spell Reflection and/or Peripety

Perfect Initiative and/or Quickness

Perfect Mind

Force Wave

Force Field

If, for whatever reason, you take Mewtwo above Greater Deity level, I suggest giving him Great Breath and replacing Force Wave with Atomic Wave.

@Upper_Krust: Does the no-opposed-portfolios rule hold up for Arts and Crafts?

Servitor of Wrath said:
Note: I am not basing these on mechanical advantage, but on what I remember from the games & movie. Mainly the movie...
... If, for whatever reason, you take Mewtwo above Greater Deity level, I suggest giving him Great Breath and replacing Force Wave with Atomic Wave....
Thanks, those powers seem quite appropriate. :) For portfolios, I'll go with whatever U_K has finished when he updates CH 3. (Even if that means improvising bonuses. I only know a handfull of bonuses the various templates grant, like the energy templates letting you somewhat pierce resistances)
One of my players decided (before seeing the list of foes.) to make Agent Smith. Lots Epic Prowess, Powerattack, Expertise, and powers that let him be fast. He plans on trying to spam-punch his foes to death, while useing the power that lets him change their alignment. (Won't help him in the slightest, just for fun)

Fieari

Explorer
Are you going to be using U_K's absolution house rules for this tournament? I would think it'd be a good idea...

Fieari said:
Are you going to be using U_K's absolution house rules for this tournament? I would think it'd be a good idea...
I thought about it, but since not everyone will use them, and I am limiting the Players to SRD material only, I don't think it will be too much of a problem. Instant kill spells are pretty over the top, but since most deities get wish, then Wish for Death Ward. :) I don't have a problem with immunities (Player's or foes :)) because if they took a bunch, then they are vulnerable elsewhere. EX: An Undead Monk with Fire/Ice/Electric/Acid/Sonic Immune/Absorb is tough as nails for a mage to kill, but with all that, he could have take something that would help him kill his foe faster, like Annhilating Effect. :) The only absolution rule I would go with is the Anti-Magic Field rule if I have to, or perhaps I'll leave it alone. Mages are pretty potent in Epic, and while U_K gives fighter types alot of power with Virtual Size rules, Automatic Metamage is like Virtual Size for Death Spells. :)
And as an update, Servitor of Wrath: Threw together Mewtwo on an Index Card. He is super defensive. (Spell Abatement x2, Peripety x2, Reflective SR, high touch AC, Seventh Sense:)) He has a 96 Manifester level, and can throw a pretty mean Tornado Blast or Psionic Disintigrate and can Telekineticly Grapple pretty much everyone. DCs to resist psionic powers are 101 Minimum. :) I didn't give him any Meta-Manifestation abilities other than quicken, because people complain they break the game.

Rockhoward56

First Post
i Was thinking about the movement feat: supersonic and superluminal.
I think supersonic would be a divine ability and superluminal a cosmic ability? why Elder gods and above are fundemental force of the universe , if they have to travel (without magic travel) i think they are very fast! (even that, superluminal is slow for a universe size :D )
A Transcendatal or Omnific ability could be this :
Mastery of Spacetime: You could be anywhere , at anytime. You couldn't be affect by powers that impede your dispalcement (sort of Uber-Freedom of Movement)

Hi Alzrius matey! :)

Alzrius said:
"Sin Shenron"? Is that supposed to be Ishenron (aka Omega Shenron), the final enemy from Dragonball GT?

Yes.

Although when you say supposed to be, its named that in a few places.

The Awim Template in Bestiary 2 would be the perfect base for Ishenron - or whatever you want to call him.

Maybe Awim Template plus Omega Template. :D

historian

First Post
Cool idea. If you get stuck, feel free to use Alabaster in the Tournament in place of the Greater God. I am interested to see how he fares.

Alabaster would be a good "dark horse" in any such tournament up to a point. My limited playtesting indicated that he would be a serious threat, if not an outright favorite, versus a Seraphim sans Holy Scrolls.

Alabaster is baaaad. :cool:

Hiya mate! :)

Rockhoward56 said:
i Was thinking about the movement feat: supersonic and superluminal.
I think supersonic would be a divine ability and superluminal a cosmic ability? why Elder gods and above are fundemental force of the universe , if they have to travel (without magic travel) i think they are very fast! (even that, superluminal is slow for a universe size :D )

The problem arises when you let people make a full move and something like cleave, or whirlwind attack.

You can just picture someone with Superluminal, Transversal and Hypercleave just landing on a planet, running around the equator in a single round and cleaving the entire population of the Northern hemisphere with one hand and the southern hemisphere with the other. :D

As for superluminal being slow, most of these beings can teleport at will anyway.

Rockhoward56 said:
A Transcendatal or Omnific ability could be this :
Mastery of Spacetime: You could be anywhere , at anytime. You couldn't be affect by powers that impede your dispalcement (sort of Uber-Freedom of Movement)

I think I already have two Transcendental powers which cover all this. ;)

At the moment Chapter 4 is almost done, but what that means is that when I take stock of things I have a better idea of where the books weaknesses lie.

As such I am in the process of creating half dozen or so Mounted Combat related abilities. As well as trying to tighten up the archer abilities.

I suppose when you guys see the completed Chapter 4 in the next update you can tell me where its weak, in terms of which classes are lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads