(IR) 3rd IR, Turn 1 - 2 (thread 1)

Well we have plenty of slaves, especially after recent conquerings, we can offer their souls to the planars along with technology and a chance to wreak serious havoc and prey upon the living! And we are very strong magically, we have remmants of Netheril, so we can raise many undead, there should be many bodies in the region!

Creamsteak

Explorer
I am curious to who attacked the Gnarley... They were in the Lortmills by the beginning of turn 1 I thought... They were supposed to be training with rifles.

Thats my only problem... otherwise I messed up where I did, and I won where I did... and I'm ok with that.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Regarding the time zone: I see Forsaken One's point.

I'm in Europe, too, and spent most of the night struggling in the first turn of the IR. I went to bed at 5 AM or so and had to be awake again a bit before 8 AM - three hours later. :p When I went to bed, the thread was at something like 130-150 posts. *shrug* It isn't a problem for me to subsist on three hours of sleep a night (and possibly another one or two in the afternoon); rather, this is only slightly more extreme than my usual schedule anyway! :eek: However, should the IR last for months rather than days or weeks, I just won't be able to keep up with it.

I'm also aware of other Europeans who couldn't participate (e.g., Zelda).

However, there's not much to be done about this, I fear, since our American friends have tight schedules as well and, Edena being American, these are the schedules we have to work in.

My solution for my fellow Europeans: E-mail Edena before the turn with the orders you'd like to have carried out. Also, give the command of your forces to another player you trust (like I did). This way, you'll be able to participate no matter when the IR happens! :)

Mr. Draco

First Post
speaking of time problems. It looks like i'll be sitting out for turn 2 & turn 3 & turn 4. I'm going to be so incredibly busy, its not even funny. And about the 2 hour earlier start, thats even worse for me. It already starts at 2pm my time (i get back from school about 5pm normally). two hours earlier would probably mean that when i get back, the turn is over :(

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Mr. Draco said:
speaking of time problems. It looks like i'll be sitting out for turn 2 & turn 3 & turn 4. I'm going to be so incredibly busy, its not even funny. And about the 2 hour earlier start, thats even worse for me. It already starts at 2pm my time (i get back from school about 5pm normally). two hours earlier would probably mean that when i get back, the turn is over :(
I can't say that my faction likes Kas [:p], but playing without him would be quite unfunny. Edena, is it really necessary to start two hours early?

Draco, maybe someone else can run your faction until you get there?

Last edited:

Maudlin

First Post
It was just a suggestion, 23h is quite reasonable for me (don't know about the other europeans), as long as it doesn't start too late :)

I would suggest (if we're going to have two halves to a turn) to stagger them so turns are divided equally, but that would kill Edena dead, I'm afraid.

dagger

Adventurer
Okay, Okay....I'm coming clean.

I lobbed the mountain, but it wasnt supposed to do what it did, honest!

I didnt realize the dwarves wouldnt be able to do even half of what I wanted, heck, im supprised they even did it. But of course, Edena added in a little something extra...... :)

I felt bad last night though after reading Edenas post.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases