D&D 4E Is Multi-Attacking Really Control? A different Fireball

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Mechanically if a pure control action only prevented two enemies from effectively acting once you have accelerated the fight if you only prevent one its kind of a stand off. Presumably you need to affect more minions than that - This reminds me of why sleep was based on hit dice, but I make minions affected by sleep after a single roll (and permanently comatose) instead of taking multi-roll. The wicked witch was scary to regular people.
I think this makes sleep another call for rewrite not because it doesnt control but because it really isnt better than the earlier version and could interact better with minions or something lol.

Yeah, Sleep was weird. It had a pretty modest effect initially, but then if you happened to get several creatures in it and they weren't lucky on their saves it could easily end the whole encounter in a single action, effectively. I always thought it was a much better candidate to be a ritual...
Oh, and handled as rituals are in HoML, that means it is a PLOT DEVICE, so you basically cast it and say something like "Oh, now I use my Arcana skill to get past the guards, they fall asleep!" hehe.
Even better, "I expend a Healing Surge and it is an auto-success (in the ongoing SC, which is the only time you actually roll dice in HoML, that and combat).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases