• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Island Empire, Part IV To face the Lich

Scotley

Hero
OOC - Is she alone here or are there others like her? I'm trying to picture if she kinda runs the temple or if it's more of a convent feel.

There are several priestly/priestess types in the large area engaged in discussion, praying for parishioners or otherwise engaged in pious acts. However, you get the sense that this particular woman is fairly important.

Scotley

Hero
You are in the main temple chamber which is vast. There are many alcoves with altars to particular gods and saints of the church of heaven off this main room, there is a whole wing dedicated to dwarven gods for example. There are also lesser hallways leading deeper into the temple. Likely into places where the priests and their underlings live, eat and work. Some of these are blocked by velvet ropes and a couple even have guards in elaborate armor with big pole arms. There are also many tombs and sarcophagi of past religious leaders, holy warriors prominent donors to the temple scattered about.

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

Radoon approaches her and kneels next to her if there is sufficient room to do so. Not wanting to interrupt her prayer, he waits until she acknowledges him. "You left so quickly and I was not yet up to chasing you. But I am now..."

Lou

Explorer
Zurrik Odeil

Zurrik moves back towards the entrance, keeping Radoon within sight. "Not my kind of place, Master Gnurl." Zurrik casts a knowing eye around the room, looking for magic.

OOC: Detect Magic sweeps as they wait.

Scotley

Hero
There are wards blocking some of the hallways deeper into the temple. Likely harmless glyphs of some sort that would alert the guards. Some of the altars and candles have very minor magics on them as well.

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

The priestess looks up and smiles at Radoon. "Not wounded again so soon I hope?"

Radoon smiles at her tease, "No, I'm still feeling as frisky as a man half my age. But you left so quickly I did not have proper time to to get to know you or even thank you. I was hoping for just a few minuets of your time and in return I'd like to make a donation."

Scotley

Hero
She smiles another broad smile that somehow makes you feel you haven't a care in the world. "Very well, why don't we talk in my office?" She leads you past a bored looking guard wearing a suit of armor so heavy you think it unlikely he could move, much less defend the temple. A couple of doors down she leads you into an office furnished with simple by comfortable and tasteful pieces. She motions Radoon to a long low divan and sits next to him an arms length away. "I am sorry for my haste this morning, but I had only a little time to spare before I was expected to lead a service. I hope you understand."

Lou

Explorer
Zurrik Odeil

Watching Radoon and the priestess walk away down the side corridor, Zurrik turns to Gnurl and says, "I guess we're stuck here. We'll just have to make sure the path is clear if a hasty exit is needed." With that, Zurrik leans against the wall near the entrance and watches.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads