• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Island Empire, Part IV To face the Lich

Scotley

Hero
Grinning from the hurt put on the fireplace occupant, whatever it is, Zurrik steps forward and and sends an Eldritch Blast towards it. The creature yelps in pain and wretches.

Radoon moves up 5' so that he can engage the giant and begins slicing and dicing. His dagger work opens up some wounds that ooze slimy ichor.

H'Roosh determinedly begins hammering the undead giant with fists & feet, elbows & knees. He lands one really good blow, but also manages to kick the stone rail which sends a shudder of pain up his leg.

The thing in the fireplace scrambles up out of site. You can hear it climbing higher at it retreats from the fight.

As Gnurl intones more words of power, the air near his lips crackles with energy, "Hah la-purinstal roquetha tankeer!" Instantaneously, a 3-inch ball of electric-blue force leaps from Gnurl's outstretched palm and hurtles at the undead giant. The small missile packs a mighty wallop and very nearly knocks the undead giant over on Radoon.

The giant drops his spear and reaches out to grab H'Roosh by an arm and a leg (grapple check please).

Serleon's scythe swings at the giant again, but misses. Geoffrey moves toward the fireplace slowly.

OOC: Please hold your actions until I resolve the grapple with H'Roosh.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
When the giant reaches for him, H'Roosh takes the opportunity to get inside his opponent's defenses - submitting to the creature's foul embrace, the monk bangs away with elbows, knees and head.

[sblock=Scotley]I think I've got this right:
H'Roosh gives up his opportunity attack if he submits to the grapple. When he's grappled, the giant can't attack anyone else in the party, and loses it's Dex bonus to AC vs. everyone but H'Roosh. H'Roosh can attack it while he's grappled (at -4). You can't use two weapons while grappled, but the Monk description specifically states that for a monk there is no such thing as an off hand attack, so he should get his full flurry (albeit all of his attacks would be at -4 TH).

The rolls below are the first three I made, but I've typed in the new modifiers and changed the totals to reflect the new modifiers. Not sure if the second one hits so I rolled damage for it; I'm certain the third one did not.

First Attack (1d20+8=24)
Damage (2d6+5=14)

Second Attack (1d20+8=17)
Damage (2d6+5=12)

Third Attack (1d20+3=08)
:p[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
OOC: You made a poor assumption about his motives for grabbing H'Roosh. This giant has some nifty foe hurling feats.

The giant grabs H'Roosh and lifts him up to toss him bodily from the balcony to strike Geoffrey and topple him on the floor below. The monk finds himself prone across the room. (8 points of damage)

OOC: You are up gentlemen.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: So he got to grab and hurl H'Roosh before I even got to attack? And Slow Fall doesn't help with the damage? Either way, H'Roosh will get up (move action) and move to H17 (move action).

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
OOC: So he got to grab and hurl H'Roosh before I even got to attack? And Slow Fall doesn't help with the damage?

OOC: As I read the feat you get to resist the grapple and if you fail you get tossed. He's got a improved grapple, so you don't get an attack of opportunity. Does slow fall work if you aren't adjacent to a wall? If so then you can cut the damage. I actually rolled poorly.

Remove ads