• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Island Empire, Part IV To face the Lich

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: As I read the feat you get to resist the grapple and if you fail you get tossed. He's got a improved grapple, so you don't get an attack of opportunity. Does slow fall work if you aren't adjacent to a wall? If so then you can cut the damage. I actually rolled poorly.

OOC: Nope - only if you're within arms reach. I get to use it so rarely I have to look up the wording every time. Oh, well - thought I was being clever and keeping it from attacking the rest of the group.

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Nope - only if you're within arms reach. I get to use it so rarely I have to look up the wording every time. Oh, well - thought I was being clever and keeping it from attacking the rest of the group.

OOC: Next time I toss him off a wall I'll make sure he falls closer. ;)

You were being clever. You just didn't have all the facts. The giant's trick will only work once, cause you won't fall for it again. (pun intended)

Lou

Explorer
Hearing the fireplace occupant retreat, Zurrik steps forward and sends an Eldritch Blast towards the giant undead.

OOC: Eldritch Spear +12 7d6 20/x2; Sickening Blast (DC 14, FortNeg, sickened 1 min; L2)

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

Totally surprised to see H'Roosh flung about like a rag doll, Radoon decides to attack again and then move 5' to the side (hoping to avoid the same fate as his companion).

[sblock=Scott], I'm unsure of the giant's AC to see if a 19 confirm crit roll hits. If so, let me know and will add more damage.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
OOC: Next time I toss him off a wall I'll make sure he falls closer. ;)

You were being clever. You just didn't have all the facts. The giant's trick will only work once, cause you won't fall for it again. (pun intended)

Hopefully Radoon doesn't fall for it too. :uhoh:

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling, Gnome Wizard at Small

Gnurl quickly pulls out his trusty Wand of Magic Missile and fires five blazing hot bolts of emerald force into the undead giant that unerringly strike the foul creature right squarely between the legs! "Ahh, not the best result I've ever had, but it'll do in a pinch." The giant's nads are somewhat more impervious to Gnurl's spell because he is already dead, I guess.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Hearing the fireplace occupant retreat, Zurrik steps forward and sends an Eldritch Blast towards the giant undead.

Totally surprised to see H'Roosh flung about like a rag doll, Radoon decides to attack again and then move 5' to the side.

H'Roosh gets up and moves to the foot of the stairs.

Gnurl quickly pulls out his trusty Wand of Magic Missile and fires five blazing hot bolts of emerald force into the undead giant that unerringly strike the foul creature right squarely between the legs! "Ahh, not the best result I've ever had, but it'll do in a pinch."

The giant snatches up another boulder and flings it at Zurric with impressive aim. The rock, about the size of Zurric's head, strikes him painfully in the chest (22 damage).

Geffrey stands up and dusts himself off before casting another spell. An orb of what looks like water appears in his hand and he tosses it at the giant. His aim is a little off, but some of the water splashes onto the giant where it burns the rotting flesh.

Serleon keeps up the attacks from his floating scythe.

OOC: New round.

Lou

Explorer
Zurrik Odeil HP 46/66 AC 26/23/15

Zurrik staggers from the impact of the boulder, but he continues his assault on the giant, sending another Eldritch Spear.

Remove ads