• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Jeremy Crawford interview: they read your feedback. An exclusive interview by Christian Hoffer at GenCon.

Scribe

Legend
Wait wait wait. D&D has to have GoT style supplements to be “for everyone”!? Do you know people who are incapable of enjoying anything that isn’t full of, as the phrase has been in this thread, “blood and boobs”?

If they are going to release Witchlight and Radiant, then yes I want my Conan-esque, BG3 level book as well. Without a doubt.

I dont expect it anymore, but 'everyone' would include the people who want something like BG3, one would think.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I'll point out the 3 witches in the upcoming set are pretty hot.

And honestly BG3's success does show in fact that sex does sell, as long as its not the only thing you running with, pair with general high quality and fun.
I have not seen anyone at all rave about the eroticism of bg3.

Some comments about certain romance companions being more interesting than others, or it being funny that the Druid guy turns into a bear, but I doubt even 1% of people playing it are there for the sex.

doctorbadwolf

If they are going to release Witchlight and Radiant, then yes I want my Conan-esque, BG3 level book as well. Without a doubt.

I dont expect it anymore, but 'everyone' would include the people who want something like BG3, one would think.
That’s a totally unreasonable expectation to ever have had.

The game is for everyone by virtue of not excluding anyone, and aiming for a broad appeal. Broad appeal means not filling the property with R rated material.

Deadpool isn’t for everyone. Thor: Ragnarok is.

Not showing nudity or graphic displays of violence excludes no one.

Scribe

Legend
That’s a totally unreasonable expectation to ever have had.

The game is for everyone by virtue of not excluding anyone, and aiming for a broad appeal. Broad appeal means not filling the property with R rated material.

Deadpool isn’t for everyone. Thor: Ragnarok is.

Not showing nudity or graphic displays of violence excludes no one.

Its a discussion held many times. I understand you, in terms of not excluding, but if for the rest of time Wizards released nothing but Witchlight, Strixhaven, and Radiant, I would absolutely feel (rightly or not) that my preferences, my view, my desire for how I want content to be provided, was being actively excluded.

doctorbadwolf

Its a discussion held many times. I understand you, in terms of not excluding, but if for the rest of time Wizards released nothing but Witchlight, Strixhaven, and Radiant, I would absolutely feel (rightly or not) that my preferences, my view, my desire for how I want content to be provided, was being actively excluded.

And maybe someday they will put out a Dark Sun book with Brommstyle art and OG themes, but it won’t be while kids are still the fasted growing chunk of the community, I’d bet.
To put it another way however: Both are Marvel.
In print, sure, and going forward, but not when Deadpool was made, not really. It was third party licensed product.
BG3 is D&D, so is Witchlight. So give us both, from Wizards, in print.
Why, when third parties are already doing a good job of it, actively enjoy doing it, and can lean harder into whatever they’re doing.

I have not seen anyone at all rave about the eroticism of bg3.

Some comments about certain romance companions being more interesting than others, or it being funny that the Druid guy turns into a bear, but I doubt even 1% of people playing it are there for the sex.

Bahawhahaha, the only reason Halsin and Minthara were turned into Companions was because of the very Loud, very vocal thirst for both of them, they were not originally planned as Companions.

Remove ads