• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell [Kulan] (OOC [Old Thread])

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Are we climbing the rope, or does Caerth have his hands free to shoot some arrows? If possible, I want my first action to be the shooting of an arrow into the nearest foe.
The party is roped together, but you aren't climbing the rope. The rope is meant to keep everyone together in case of an emergency. At this point, it might be a good idea to use a couple of pitons to secure the rope to the wall, however.

Also, are we outside and is the weather stormy? Curious minds want to know, especially considering the Call Lightning spell I have prepared. ;)

I'll wait for the answers before posting in the IC thread.
You are inside a chasm. The party is ascending stairs along the walls inside of the chasm. There is likely an opening above, but you can't see it from where you are currently. The spell does function in the chasm, but I'd say you're considered to be indoors (underground).

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Question, what effect would have trip on flying targets?
I did a quick search online and came up with this on one site quoting the Rule Compendium: "A winged creature can be tripped, and if it is, it falls as if it didn’t maintain its minimum forward speed." (P. 145)

The web site also had this: "If a flying creature fails to maintain its minimum forward speed, it must land at the end of its movement. If it is too high above the ground to land, it falls straight down, descending 150 feet in the first round of falling. If this distance brings it to the ground, it takes falling damage. If the fall doesn’t bring the creature to the ground, it must spend its next turn recovering from the stall. It must succeed on a DC 20 Reflex save to recover. Otherwise it falls another 300 feet. If it hits the ground, it takes falling damage. Otherwise, it has another chance to recover on its next turn."

The rook-harpies are definitely too high above the ground to land, so if successfully tripped, they would fall 150 ft. get to make the save. If they were to fail that save they would then hit the ground.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
[MENTION=11520]Scotley[/MENTION], your attack will happen just before the rook-harpies attack. Then the readied actions will take place after the creatures swoop in. Since Quinn has a longer reach with his chain, I'm going to assume he should attack before Aureus.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
I'll try to post today but since Lorien is holding the torch, I don't think he can do anything to attack. I'll have to go through my sheet and see what I had.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Hmm, yeah, with quick draw I could put the torch away and pull out a bow and shoot, but that would leave us in the dark. I'd also rather not put the torch at our feet, since it might fall... I think Lorien will draw a sword and ready to attack against either rook that comes to range.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
moving this here so I don't have to keep going back to the previous page.

Initiative Order
Caerth: 19
Phar: 4
Quinn: 4 (using Ready Action w/reach)
Aureus: 4 (using Ready Action)
Lorien: 4 (using Ready Action)
Rooks: 3

I put Quinn ahead of Aureus and Lorien since he has reach, but Phar's action takes place before Quinn.

Remove ads