• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Knights of the Old Republic: The Last of the Sith(Master Essenu's Group)

Vendetta

First Post
Carefully, Aalun reads the information on the datapad to the others. Pulling out his own datapad, Aalun will then try to download the information onto it so that, perhaps later, he'll be able to learn more. "Do you know of what the writer speaks, Master? Were the Jedi and Sith once connected in some other way than the use of the force?"

Master Essenu shrugged helplessly, "I know little of the history of the Sith. Most Holocrons have small amounts of data, and even what they contain is sketchy at best. My old Master, Odan Urr, had possession of one of the only remaining Sith Holocrons for a very long time...but he was killed for it by Exar Kun. I do not know what became of that Holocron," she paused a moment, realizing that her thoughts had drawn her into a bit of a tangent. Then, quietly, she said, "There is likely some connection far away in the past. It does not seem like anyone would make a claim like that without even some evidence...so perhaps the datapads owner found something already."

((The information downloads to your datapad without too much trouble, though there may be a few holes where the data was already corrupted.))

Vendetta

First Post
Aalun will look around the room again (Spot +7) For anything of interest. If he sees nothing, he'll go to look at the closest door.

The corridors mostly seem the same, and there aren't are indications of movement through all of them. Staying by your side, Master Essenu walks with you to the nearest of the doors, directly across from the statue and the entrance corridor. Slowly, the ceiling angles down to create the pyramid shape at the center.

The door at the end is roughly two meters high and covered in ancient runes and symbols...none of which make any sense to you. On the wall next to the door is a large panel with a lever extending out of it. Very ancient technology. Pulling the lever down, which has to be done carefully as the lever feels like it could snap off any second, causes a loud series of scraping noises from internal gears.

Slowly, the stone door rises up. And as the half-meter thick tablet of stone rises, you see a large, domed chamber. The outer ring is lined with ancient statues of humanoid figures in various poses and all holding ancient weapons. In the center of the circle, there is an inverted pyramid that looked to once hold a coffin that is now off to the side on the floor. Sitting cross-legged on the pyramid is a light blue skinned, male Twi'lek. Simple robes are draped over his shoulders, and his eyes are closed in a calm concentration. You can feel the heavy weight of the Force here more so than anywhere else, and its source seems to be the Twi'lek..or near him.

Vendetta

First Post
"We are here in peace." Aalun says somewhat shakey as he reaches out with the force as best he can manage in this place of evil to the Twi'lek, trying to get a sense of him.

For a moment, the heavy weight of the room seems to fade away around you before rising up again, more strongly this time. Slowly, the blue-skinned Twi'lek tilts his head up, orange eyes opening and watching you. Through the Force, you can feel Master Essenu's surprise, and she quickly whispers to you, "He is Arach Tuorr, one of the Jedi who fought at Onderon and saved many Jedi on Ossus before its destruction."

Obviously hearing this, Tuorr smiled slightly, and spoke in a calm, if not unsettling voice, "I am glad you remember me, Marin. Your brother said you would come, but I did not expect you to bring children with you. Though they are interesting, indeed," he paused a moment, turned slightly to look on Aalun, "Such an odd choice for a Jedi, a Gand. I had thought they stayed on their rock, hiding somewhere out in the rim."

Vendetta

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
"Such an odd choice for a Jedi, a Gand. I had thought they stayed on their rock, hiding somewhere out in the rim."

Aalun stands calmly by, unswayed by the attempt at an insult... after all, there was a great deal of truth in what he said. "Most, perhaps. But Aalun will go where the force bids Aalun to go." The gand says with a respectful bow, though he wonders if this being deserves respect any longer and worries what might have become of him on such a place as this, so wrought in the dark side. Aalun searches the force for a glimmer of hope in the light from him. "What of Master Essenu's brother? Is he well?"

"He is well," the Twi'lek said, almost a little too quickly. He sat up straight, looking down to you before glancing to Master Essenu for a moment, "Though I am sorry to say that you missed him. If you had mentioned that you planned to stop by I could have delayed him, but he is very busy. So has the Order sent you to kill us or are you here for some unforseen reason?"

Vendetta

First Post
"Jedi are not assassins, Master Tuorr. Aalun's companions have come for the latter. Perhaps Master Essenu should explain." The gand looks to his master.

((OOC: Kind of awkward turning the reigns over to NPCs... but Essenu is Aalun's master and he would defer to her.))

((Its awkward, but it makes sense.))

"Aalun is correct, Tuorr, and you know it. You also know why we are here," Master Essenu said with at least a little venom in her voice. She paused a moment, and it was easy to feel her using the Force to calm herself, "Where is my brother?"

The Twi'lek simply smiled, reaching behind him and withdrawing something. It rested in his hand, a small, orange and somewhat see-through pyramid shaped object. It was easily recognizable as a holocon, though you have never seen one that was not cube shaped. He held it up for you to view easily and smiled, "Your brother is not here, I have already said that. However, he did leave this for you...you wouldn't believe how much trouble it was to dig it up, and now I'm sorry to have to destroy it."

Then, suddenly, Arach smashed the holocron with his other hand. There was a sudden, very strong, ripple that rocked through the Force before you watched a hundred gaseous faces rise up from the shattered holocron. Pieces of the destroyed artifact arced outwards in all directions, and for a moment you felt that you could actually see faces in them.

((Ref saves to avoid getting hit by a a shard...Urcala 16. Aalun 21. Master Essenu 13. Only Aalun passes.))

Aalun hears both of the Miraluka yelp in pain as shards of the holocron dig into their skin. Master Essenu had put up a hand to shield her face, and the shard had dug into her palm. Slowly, and with a disturbing hissing sound, you watched the small piece sink into her skin and disappear. The same happened to Urcala, and in a moment, the two Miraluka dropped to their knees, gritting their teeth. Through the Force, you could feel them fighting with a very tangible darkness.

Aalun was rocked back to the moment by the sound of Arach Tuorr dropping from his pedastal to the ground and onto his feet, not five meters away. He smiled to the two Miraluka, then looked to Aalun, "Sadly, it was not meant to be, Gand. But think of it this way, I harber no ill will towards you...only the Order you serve. Let that be a comforting final thought that you die for them."

((Initiative time. Master Essenu and Urcala are out of this one, for the moment at least. Aalun 14. Arach 21. He's up first.))

In a blindingly fast motion, the Twi'lek whipped his lightsaber off of its place at his belt and thumbed the activation switch. With a familiar snap-hiss, a green blade bathed the large chamber and Tuorr's blue skin. He grinned, and you could feel him drawing the Force around him, almost literally sucking it out of the walls.

((Aalun's up...))

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads