• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Knights of the Virgin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

A couple of you seem to be having some trouble following the rules of EN World.

If you have a problem with a post REPORT IT AND WALK AWAY.

There's a little button on the bottom left of each post - a triangle with an exclamation point in it. Learn to use it.

a-d

First Post
My apologies.

I shouldn't have insulted the original poster and the biblical reference was unnecessary.
And potentially incorrect. Where does the golden rule come from anyway?

Also, could someone place a link to EnWorld's rules?
I'm having trouble finding them.

Jimlock

Adventurer
Hey!!! the Hymn of both Orders is on utube!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYOUYw6P0_4]YouTube - ‪Manowar - Pleasure Slave‬‏[/ame]

Lyrics!!!

Ettin

Explorer
Any halfway decent gamer would be about as comfortable in this hypothetical game of yours as a Spanish king in an elephant's anus.

I did like the idea of a party of women and homosexual men crushing both of these mysogyny-fests, though.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Any halfway decent gamer would be about as comfortable in this hypothetical game of yours as a Spanish king in an elephant's anus.

There are several male and female historical members of Spanish royalty that I would be more than comfortable to have shoved into an elephant's anus. I'd feel bad for the elephant, though.

...Where the heck did that phrase come from?

The concept of these two warring factions is pretty decent, if a bit overdramatic for my own tastes. Were I in that campaign, I'd say both are evil and thus not choose a side, because they both make me want to hit something. Kinda reminds me of politics actually.

Back to the campaign though, I'm guessing both sides manage to make their own version of "If you're not with us, you're against us" kind of drivel. I'd personally get as far away from them as I could.

RedTonic

First Post
Both of these orders just do an incredible disservice to the men of this supposed campaign setting. Are almost all of your fictional men really walking rape-machines incapable of seeing women as anything but whores; desirable objects; potential enemies; baby-vessels; pitiable, ignorant savages requiring education; or pitiable, weak wretches requiring liberation by the mighty power of the penis?

You point out what you conceive of as weaknesses in real world women--and you even go so far as to "other" a female poster in this topic by repeatedly referring to her as "Miss," though you don't respond to other (presumably male) posters as "Master," the equivalent polite-diminutive for unattached men--and barely bat an eye at contradictory evidence. You even redefine terms to create your own vocabulary, and appear to be amused that other people are arguing using the actual, common definitions of those terms (virgin, chastity).

What kind of value does this offer us as a community? This hasn't been presented as a mental exercise, at least not in an open fashion. You posted these write-ups ostensibly requesting feedback, which you refute and deflect at nearly every turn.

To at least some extent, almost everyone here has engaged you at your word: that you want constructive criticism. You haven't taken it or incorporated it into your entries--so what is it, exactly, that you want?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads