• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Knights of the Virgin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
This, combined with the KSW thread, has given me a tropical island's worth of facepalms.

Altruism is one of their highest virtues...except when it comes to killing people for dissent, homosexuality, or adultery, or when conscripting women for breeding purposes. (Yes, I know RW religions have exhibited such dissonant dichotomies- I'm a practicing member of one...)

Related side-question: how is their "conscription" morally different from that of the KSW?

Given a choice between these two "Knightly" orders, I'd choose neither. Heck, I may just seek to found my own Knightly order, dedicated to eradicating both of these.

In all honesty, this doesn't sound like a D&D campaign to me. I mean, usually, campaigns give you contrasts in light and dark, not dark and darker. Even the darkest D&D campaigns usually have SOMEONE who is a true beacon of virtue, even if they are doomed to fail. And even so, D&D bucked trends of sexism (less so in the earliest editions) to make female characters every bit as playable and viable and interesting as the more traditional fantasy heroes of manlier than manly men. In this world of yours, there is no beacon of virtue...and women seemingly have no value beyond being breeders or sex puppets. Again, this doesn't sound like D&D at all.

F.A.T.A.L., OTOH, seems like it would be a natural fit.

Elf Witch

First Post
I can see having evil groups like this in a campaign what I don't get is not having a third group made of people who want to see both pf these groups dead.

I also would not want to play in a game where you get two choices to role play out the subjugation or woman. One by forced rape and the other by forced breeding.

Hunter99

Banned
Banned
The purpose of this campaign is to create a conflict of values.

If the choices were easy, there would be no conflict of values.

It is only when the campaign presents such difficult choices that a real conflict of values is created in the minds of the players.

Hence why I chose to create this tentative campaign in this manner.

Edit: You are not required to role-play out either of the two, but this doesn't mean that man is never presented with difficult choices.

It is up to the players how they respond to this situation. Perhaps they can act like the man in Schindler's list and try to save as many women as possible. They could also become renunciates and preach non-violence like Buddha. There are many possibilites as to what the players can do.

Edit: They can also act like the men in Valkyrie with Tom Cruise and try to bring down one of these orders from within.

Last edited:

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
Sometimes reality is grim and presents men with difficult choices. This is one such choice. In a world where neither side can be called good, which will you choose, dear reader?
Scandalous! And therefore I choose... neither!

che_guevara_emoticon.gif
Viva la Revolucion!
che_guevara_emoticon.gif

Last edited:

Dandu

First Post
No compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.

Given a choice between these two "Knightly" orders, I'd choose neither. Heck, I may just seek to found my own Knightly order, dedicated to eradicating both of these.
I really should write up a summary for the Devil Dogs instead of forcing people to read through the novella.

Elf Witch

First Post
Why is it when anyone does stuff like this in a game it usually involves the subjugation of woman? I would like to see just once this done to male NPCs.

I know very well that woman were subjugated and are still be subjugated in our world.

But in DnD rules woman can be just as strong as men. There is also magic I would really like to see some man try and control a female sorcerer who can turn invisible, fly and rain fireballs from the sky on him.

Woman can be clerics and get the same power from the deity as a male character and what about druids they get their power from nature.

I just find it hard to believe that the fate of woman would be the same as it is here. Unless of course you hit them with strength modifiers, say the the gods want to see them subjugated and that woman bodies can't do magic of any kind.

Dandu

First Post
There is also magic I would really like to see some man try and control a female sorcerer who can turn invisible, fly and rain fireballs from the sky on him.
Maybe if he was a monk and specialized in grappling people.

Hunter99

Banned
Banned
Yes, but how many sorcerers, clerics and druid are there?

The majority of people in D&D are commoners and experts.

And if a few powerful women wanted to create trouble, how long do you think they could last since every society/organization would be against them. (or at least the majority.)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
This post brought to you by:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnxkfLe4G74]YouTube - ‪Freewill - Rush‬‏[/ame]

The purpose of this campaign is to create a conflict of values.

You haven't set that up, at least not yet. You've set up a conflict between two repugnant, oppressive, misogynistic religious orders. The only choice I can see the PCs struggling which is over prioritizing which of the two to go after.

So...we've seen your devils and your demons. What next?

And if a few powerful women wanted to create trouble, how long do you think they could last since every society/organization would be against them. (or at least the majority.)

What is it with you and woman hating?

The MAJORITY of society and organizations in your world believing either the KSW or the KV are justified & right in their treatment of women?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads