• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Knights of the Virgin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elf Witch

First Post
I think you've hit the nail on the head. In D&D women and men are physically and socially equivalent in the rules, but for some reason some gamers like to keep playing up the realworld inequalities, regardless of how utterly illogical it is in the context of the game mechanics.

(In all fairness, though, surely someone somewhere has played the Amazon setting? Though of course that usually just swaps extant M/F disparities in the realworld; that is, it just slaps boobs on real world male stereotypes, and makes men effeminate.)

That said, playing the roles of women in the campaign Hunter99 has outlined, with the understood goal of bringing down that world's order through a combination of physical prowess, subversion, altruism, individualism, liberty, and all the other things these Orders apparently revile... now that could be an interesting game.

Assuming, of course, the subjugation, violation and rapey shinola is played way, way, way down by the GM.

I think both of these groups make for good bad guys and I can see a fun campaign built around trying to bring them down.

Some how though I have the feeling that the Knights of the Virgin are really supposed to be the bad guys and the Knights of the Scarlet Woman are his ideal. I think he is only giving lip service to them being evil.

I have Amazons in my setting and they don't subjugate men like this. They have a pact with a group of male Artemis worshipers. Once a year they have a feast and orgy for the purpose of procreation. Male babies are given to the men to raise and females become Amazons.

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
One point that needs to be brought up is that many responders talk about how they would bring down this order by starting their own knighthood etc. It seems to imply that the road will be full of roses. (Not necessarily what the responders were intending)

If the world that these PCs are living is this dark, it should be remembered that the effort to bring these orders down will be difficult and the possibility of their perishing in the effort is real.
Of course it would be difficult, but it's the route I suspect most sane, well-adjusted gamers would take. Indeed, it's the route I suspect most sane, well-adjusted gamers would expect the GM assumed they would take. (If that makes sense.)

Hunter99

Banned
Banned
I was planning to have this campaign take place in Eberron where gods don't walk the earth since I think it is more realistic for them not to.

Dandu, your sorcerer may be powerful, but that is one person.

This doesn't mean that every area in the world is enlightened, or that women are even allowed opportunities for advancement in some areas.

On the whole, women are going to be to some extent disadvantaged in my campaign. (not mechanics-wise, just story-wise.)

Although I was planning on having a number of independent and high ranking women in the K.S.W.

Edit: I also don't think physically powerful women are realistic hence it is possible that I have women use the dexterity stat instead of strength when they decide to become fighters.

Edit: Sexism is bad, but we should not forget the historical position of women and try to evade it.

Last edited:

Hunter99

Banned
Banned
In this organization, women's rank depends on the number of children they have produced.

They receive medals for such achievements.

It is not consistent with their principles and premises to have independent women as members or to allow such women to exist.

Also, I fully support women playing D&D. D&D is like theater, both men and women can play and derive enjoyment from the game. (Since The Orc Within brought it up.)

Edit: By the way, that is a beautiful quote Dandu.

Last edited:

anest1s

First Post
In this organization, women's rank depends on the number of children they have produced.

They receive medals for such achievements.

This shouts ''weaklings''. In my organization, the more Scarlet/Virgin Knights heads you have, the higher your position. We also have a male hunt every Saturday, and mass tortures/castration for our catch every Sunday.

Dandu

First Post
Fool! For every one you cut off, two grow back in its place!

Or am I thinking of hydras?

anest1s

First Post
Fool! For every one you cut off, two grow back in its place!

Or am I thinking of hydras?

My original plan was to capture torture and enslave them after I break their minds, while offering their wifes the freedom of choice to either join my cause or die (so I will have my ranks to grow somewhat too) - but you are right, I will give command to use fire after we cut them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads